my guy...

Bugsey34

Bronze
Feb 15, 2002
yeah whats up with that?

I feel the same way, Terry!!! I feel so strange when I read these posts, as though there is something wrong with me that I have been missing something... no one has ever, ever, asked me for money in the DR (including my boyfriend), as a matter of fact, as you said, I have been given more things and invited to more dinners there then I ever am at home in the States! Nor have I ever given anyone money.

There may be annoying shop owners in Sosua, but there are more gypsys on the street with the 'my baby is sick' story in Europe than there are people who have begged me for money in the DR!

How come we haven?t seen it??????????

jjsk

"Going for Gold"
Jan 1, 2002
new business op

:D so now I will be able to move to the DR and make my fortune... I will be a writer for sankies who hang out in cybercafes... heck I already spend too much time with email as it is, I might as well write for someone else and get paid for it....
should I register myself as a business or just take a cash cut of the take? whatdya say 10%, or should I charge more...?
got any ideas for a business name?

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
Re: You Nailed it Ken!

MommC said:
I was saying the same thing to HB via email this morning!

We've been "hit" on by even the so -called "upper class" almost every single time we've become friends with one of 'em. They always want us to "invest" in something or start a business with them (our capital of course!) to import or export something or.....you get the drift.

I asked HB if it was the "national pass-time"!

See my thread "How not to get taken for a ride in the Dr" and post your suggestions or observtions there!!

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
jjsk

Just remember to take payment up front, you never know what could come up if you don't!

Trivalent

Jan 31, 2002
jjsk: Papi Chulo Enterprises, C x A

I don't think a pure commission price structure would work. You would be writing to many e-mails for amature sanki's.

I would suggest a subscription price for 5, 10 and 20 monthly e-mails. Plus a la carte prices for special add-on digital pictures such as:
-Your sanki with a fake leg cast
-With handcuffs being held by the local guardia
-Visiting his "sick" mother at the hospital

Use Pay Pal or similar to allow for credit card payment via the internet and then take your 15% Cut.

This will take the place of the Nigerian banking scam in the annals of money scams!

Good Luck!

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
MommC

No member of Dominican "high Class" would hit on you for investment capital or money. It is just not done. Perhaps you are confusing them with the Nuveax Riche or wannabee's.

Tony C

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
'Fraid I got you on this one....

One of the requests came from a family that traces their roots way far back in this country (actually it goes back all the way to Spain!!). I know because I'm an amateur genealogist and helped them chart some of it........
Others were Nouvelle Riche and some were just very convincing Wannabe's.....(hey I wasn't in business for 35 yrs without learning how to tell the difference!)