My teeth, my dental journey... (Photos & Video)

JessicaRabbit

Sep 21, 2009
For prices: root canal 400$, tooth restoration 500$, so total if you had a root canal done in that clinic you will pay about 900$ per tooth... Root canal does one guy and tooth restoration another (Miguel). They give 15% discount if you mention you are from DR1 ;) And more discount if you have a lot to do and beg for mercy :D

Too f*kin expensive... I felt sick when i got the bill :speechles

amerikano

Feb 5, 2010
For prices: root canal 400$, tooth restoration 500$, so total if you had a root canal done in that clinic you will pay about 900$ per tooth... Root canal does one guy and tooth restoration another (Miguel). They give 15% discount if you mention you are from DR1 ;) And more discount if you have a lot to do and beg for mercy :D

Hi guys!
I have a situation... My laptop kept breaking and falling apart, now screen is half attached to the body and keyboard stopped working :( Cant even put my password in :((((( I cant bring it anywhere to fix, because it will just crash in hands and to open it will mean break it compleatly.
I have ordered new computer and it came out more expencive then i expected (tax n sh1t) and it will arrive to me just before easter, so now im very-very tight on budget and cant buy nothing extra at all, but i still have to use my old f*cked up laptop to make some money.

Now the subject: Can anyone please land me a keyboard that can be plugged into laptop? Please! i will not destroy it i promice. Only till 25 April.
My laptop dies with its natural death, its 5+ yrs old, used everyday at least 12 hours a day.
Thanks!
Im in Encuentro area.

hey jessicaRabbit,
Welcome to the 21st. centuty, you might be a grandma living in the last century's prices. if it was a torture for you to buy a new keyboard for 25 smacks nearly two months ago, i imagine its gonna be a total disaster for ya to pay anything more than couple of hundred bucks to do even a tooth implant. welcome to the 2nd 10th of the new millenium honeydew.lololololololo

JessicaRabbit

Sep 21, 2009
hahaha well, i was broke after i paid dentist for 4! implants and bought new HP computer, so dont judge on that one ;) I recover each two weeks thank god for job :)

Still think its expensive 500$ for a small filling

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
For prices: root canal 400$, tooth restoration 500$, so total if you had a root canal done in that clinic you will pay about 900$ per tooth...

Good luck trying to find those prices in a clinic of the standard of Dental Cibao Spa in the USA or the UK. Expect to pay at least 2-3x times that price in a similar quality clinic.

See my post #29 for my views on pricing.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Do you know the name of this implant. I would like to read about it if there is information available on the internet. Thanks

I will find out the name and details on my next visit on Wednesday.

All I know is they are mini-implants made of titanium, can be fitted in a short period of time and require no cutting of gums or stitches. They are becoming popular in the USA now and occasionally Dental Cibao host dentists from Europe and other Latin countries for implant training.

JessicaRabbit

Sep 21, 2009
Price aside... What was your overall experience? How was the quality of the work and how well did they look after you at the clinic?

Well, i can tell about quality after a year or two pass. I have cons to say about though. I had infection under one tooth which was extracted to put implant in, and dr.Rojas didnt let me wait till the bone heals and he put an implant immediately after extraction, so that implant just went out after couple of weeks :( He did it again after 4 months for free that is good of course, but its extra pain that no one wants.
Also when Miguel suggested to extract healthy!! tooth from upper jaw to have space to put a crown on the implant on the lower jaw i was a little bit ****ed, also no matter what i say and suggest things that can reduce the price and he even agrees on them that they are good ideas, price wont go down for nothing! As example, he gave me price for 3 crowns 3000$, filling of the hole that would be there after a root canal 500 (which i will not do, dont need yet), temporary crowns and enlargement or how to say, making my front 9 teeth longer to make space for crowns for molars 1500$. I said i dont need filling bc im not having root canal yet that had to be -500, and i dont need temp.crowns, that i suppose have to be -something too, price stood the same....
Yes he is passionate about his job and attentive and everything, but with $ signs in his eyes.

I just hope the quality will be good and will last me for years, because i had done my teeth with good doctors before and ended up with pulling all that teeth out because they did the job bad. But it seemed to be good just until crowns fell out and i got infection in the root canal that wasnt made right.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I just hope the quality will be good and will last me for years, because i had done my teeth with good doctors before and ended up with pulling all that teeth out because they did the job bad. But it seemed to be good just until crowns fell out and i got infection in the root canal that wasnt made right.

As you say, let's hope your experience this time around is better than with other "good" dentists that messed you up in the past.

I know the feeling, I have had years of so called "good" dentists fix my teeth. It's only now at Dental Cibao that I have found a group of professionals that appear to know what they are doing and doing it right. I'm VERY happy! :D

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com

you are talking US dollars, right?

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Update 2

Not much different to last Saturday, 4 hours in the chair :)

But...

Now I have 4 top and bottom back teeth that align perfectly.
This is the first time since I was a kid that I have been able to eat using all my back teeth!

Right now I have temporary crowns/inserts. They are not actually crowns, but I have no idea of the proper term :) They are made of acrylic, very strong and custom made to look like real teeth and fit perfectly. They cement them on top of your real teeth that have been prepared and shaped to take them. They are easy to work with and can be adjusted and shaped very easily.

Side note: You cannot imagine how much work and different bits and pieces are needed to
create these temporary teeth. Take a look below at the photo of all the "stuff".

Once everything is in place, everything aligns up, they use the acrylic teeth as the masters. From these masters they will make a permanent set from ceramic/porcelain created using CEREC 3D technology. I will have the acrylics in place for 2-3 months while I'm in Colombia and traveling, when I get back they will fit me with the permanents.

Bottom line, It has changed the feel of my bite and of my facial profile, also I feel I can eat bones without a problem :) It took me a couple of days to get used to my new friends, but now everything feels 100% natural and like I have had them all my life.

Side note: It's not uncommon for the more vane amongst us to have bioesthetic dentistry work to make themselves look younger as it can change the profile of your face.

I have another appointment tomorrow for some cleaning, deep root stuff, then back again Saturday to have one more session with Dr. Miguel Asenjo.

If anyone has any specific questions, feel free to PM me and I'll do my best to get them answered.

Below are some photos I took on Saturday, next week I'm going to take some video.

Everything ready and laid out for my arrival
9.jpg

11.jpg

10 mins in this feels great and very relaxing. It massages the legs, back and neck.
10.jpg

12.jpg

View from the reception
13.jpg

Last edited:

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
do you look anything like george clooney yet ?

may I suggest some pebbles around the plant at the back and a replacement for the old car rug on the chair , apart from that it looks very nice

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Don't think you can't break the ceramic replacements though. If you like, I can give you some classes on how to do it.

I have no doubt about that, I chipped a veneer once due to a really small stone in some rice.

They guarantee the CEREC work for life, not that I intend to test that out.

jrjrth

Bronze
Mar 24, 2011
do you look anything like george clooney yet ?

may I suggest some pebbles around the plant at the back and a replacement for the old car rug on the chair , apart from that it looks very nice

OMG...lmao...I was thinking the exact same thing about the plant and blanket....:squareeye

jrjrth

Bronze
Mar 24, 2011
Robert have you ever had an Apicoectomy completed....if so how was your recovery and pain management handled....

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Robert have you ever had an Apicoectomy completed....if so how was your recovery and pain management handled....

I had to look that one up. Apicoectomy = Root canal re-infected.

Actually...

I have an old root canal that looks like it's gone bad according to the x-rays.
Next time I visit, the Endodontist (Dr. Maria Rojas) is going to take some very hi-resolution digital x-rays just of the root to have a good look. I'm guessing and hoping they will just re-do the root canal, but I will let you know.

The root canals I have had performed at Dental Cibao by Dr. Maria Rojas were painless.
Two visits. First to perform the procedure, second visit to follow up and check everything is ok.
She's very thorough, great patient management and I have had no problems.