new dominican airline to arrive

DR_Guy

Bronze
Feb 17, 2010
737 - 200 series is about as low cost airplane you can get. Doesnt matter what the ticket price is IMHO

Feb 7, 2007
The guy with the pink shirt speaks with an accent typical of upper middle class Mexicans from Mexico City. It's funny because I thought he lived in Peru developing a successful low cost airline.

research, research, research ... Google is your friend

William Shaw, un mexicano de padre inglés, quien ha vivido más de la mitad de su vida en Colombia, país al que llegó en 1998 –como gerente de ventas de la aerolínea British Airways– y del que hoy se siente ‘hijo adoptivo’.

Full article on Flycana CEO here: https://www.dinero.com/edicion-impr...lliam-shaw-presidente-de-viva-colombia/244553

As a side note ... What's fascinating is that people don't lose native accent (in this case Mexican) in spite of decades living in a country with different accent. Maybe Marianopolita or some others from language forums could shed some light on this phenomena?

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
research, research, research ... Google is your friend

William Shaw, un mexicano de padre inglés, quien ha vivido más de la mitad de su vida en Colombia, país al que llegó en 1998 –como gerente de ventas de la aerolínea British Airways– y del que hoy se siente ‘hijo adoptivo’.

Full article on Flycana CEO here: https://www.dinero.com/edicion-impr...lliam-shaw-presidente-de-viva-colombia/244553

As a side note ... What's fascinating is that people don't lose native accent (in this case Mexican) in spite of decades living in a country with different accent. Maybe Marianopolita or some others from language forums could shed some light on this phenomena?

I have heard lot of Dominicans speaking as Puertoricans, and lastnight heard in the newa another Dominican speaking as Chilean,  thats very funny to me.

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
49 USD to NYC from DR is not possible, but 49 USD plus fuel tax and all local taxes will be miren than Delta.

DR has no alternative airports for low cost carriers, Operational cost in DR will be much higher than in Panama, so I do not know Howe they plan Tom eclipse Copa.

Jan 9, 2004
49 USD to NYC from DR is not possible, but 49 USD plus fuel tax and all local taxes will be miren than Delta.

DR has no alternative airports for low cost carriers, Operational cost in DR will be much higher than in Panama, so I do not know Howe they plan Tom eclipse Copa.

The point you raise about alternative airports is a valid one.

Many lcc’s and Ulcc’s usually seek out secondary airports as they tend to cost less to operate out of.

LA Isabella would be a natural option for flycana, but for the fact the runway is a bit short of what is likely needed for the proposed A320’s they intend to use.

Assuming they use the max passenger configuration planes, they will need to fill approximately 80% of the 180 plus seats to maintain profitability at either lcc or ulcc price points.

Is there that much demand initially out of/into Santo Domingo to justify the costs of operation. Perhaps a regular shuttle run into the US......but flights to the US will not come for some time........and they definitely will not be $49.00 with or without taxes. The A320’s seem to be a bit ambitious in their plan, but they do have management with experience.

A better fit might be the smaller Brazilian Jungle jets......but I think they are fuel hogs.

Kudos to them for trying though.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2 

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
Bedside airport cost here another problem is all the hight taxes that we have to pay here, that must change,  I booked a flight with Aeromexico, they have sales, my ticket was 260.00 Dollars plus 205.00 taxes, im fightting the 10.00 dollars durist card they charged, without the 10.00 would be 195.00 dollars taxes.  I think their prices to JFK will be regulary arround 400.00 dollars.

What i think is they will work more with charters flights than regular flights, that was the business with Dominican Wings and they already know if are planning to serve also from PUJ almost none Dominican use that airport and all the regular flights there  are sold by travel agencies in a package with Hotel included.

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
Take a look at Dominican aviation history from 1990, Passengers do not trust local airlines. Where are Sol Airlines, Gol Dominicana, Dominican Wings .... all disappeared because of problems they can not solve. It is very difficult now to compete with monsters like Aa, UA, DL, CM, AV and others. 

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Victor Pacheco Mendez is
don Victor Mendez Capellán's grandson. That is Vimenca/Western Union/Data Vimenca and the call centers.....plenty of money there.

\When I was young and good looking, I used to fly Aerovias Quisqueyana regularly. DC-3s made in the early to mid '40s and Lockheed Constellations, the most beautiful aircraft ever built, made in the 50s.

Since this was the 60's it was pretty cool. Santiago-SDQ by DC=3 and SDQ to San Juan in the Connie. (don't cry, the cost was $56 pesos r/t)

HB

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
They promise to use A320 neo, like it is that easy to get it from now to December....

Unfortunately DR is not Dubai, more contras than pro against the airline in DR...

Feb 7, 2007
320 NEO was never mentioned, all releases talked about 320 CEO. Plenty of 320 CEO's to be found around.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
That white powder money aint gonna launder itself.

Airlines and skyscrapers, best way to clean your money.

And for your low rent money launderers, with millions rather than billions, try a rent car business or a gas (propane) station.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
That white powder money aint gonna launder itself.

Airlines and skyscrapers, best way to clean your money.

And for your low rent money launderers, with millions rather than billions, try a rent car business or a gas (propane) station.

Laundry mat is how son-in-law did it in Ft Lauderdale FL

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
In order to be a low cost carrier they need ONLY NEW planes and if they want to fly 50 internarional airports, thinking that there are 36 counties in the Western Hemisphere, it is a very loud announcement.