New Here ! Need Advice

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Many Cabanas let you pay for 4 hours but if you arrive after midnight you can stay until the AM for the same price.

TexasGirl2Dr

Jun 18, 2017
Trust us, you would be treated with respect .. .Especially 2 gringas checking in.. they would be delighted to have you... they are pretty clean..
one mistake on my post before, you hang a right on Martinez at Bon Ice cream , not a left ... to get to infinity blu, but any taxi guy will know it ...should be not more than 200 pesos.

3 gringas lol what's a gringas lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009

Gringas are white girls from like the USA or Canada or Europe, nothing negative though..

Cabanas, are exactly like a Motel, except that instead of driving up to the door of the motel room, you drive INTO a Garage ( secure) of the unit which has a OPEN garage door, and there is then a door INTO the room from there.. again secure . you put the garage door down, to let them know you settled in, and they come and collect the $$ for the stay... its very nice.. you will love it .

we not steering you wrong, you will be fine.

TexasGirl2Dr

Jun 18, 2017
Gringas are white girls from like the USA or Canada or Europe, nothing negative though..

Cabanas, are exactly like a Motel, except that instead of driving up to the door of the motel room, you drive INTO a Garage ( secure) of the unit which has a OPEN garage door, and there is then a door INTO the room from there.. again secure . you put the garage door down, to let them know you settled in, and they come and collect the $$ for the stay... its very nice.. you will love it .

we not steering you wrong, you will be fine.

But we not white

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
But we not white

sorry my bad.....

in either case , you will enjoy the experience ..
white, African American, Hispanic, Asian, does not matter . they wont disrespect 3 ladies .. trust us .

wuarhat

I am a out of touch hippie.
Nov 13, 2006
It's not so much the white as the "USA, Canada, or Europe". You being from Houston, I think there's still a 95% chance you're gringas. You'll have to let us know when you get there. By the way hello from Houston myself.
But we not white

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Not that many white folks in the DR....

varying shades of non-white.....

The cabana..... go ahead...many here use it after those late night arrivals...

sanpedrogringo

I love infractions!
Sep 2, 2011
I have fallen off of my chair almost eight times since my last posting on this thread. Yes, it wasn't that long ago. I am still trying to think of a rational response, but every time I think I have one, another post pops up, and I fall off the chair again.
You guys are killing me.

TexasGirl2Dr

Jun 18, 2017
I have fallen off of my chair almost eight times since my last posting on this thread. Yes, it wasn't that long ago. I am still trying to think of a rational response, but every time I think I have one, another post pops up, and I fall off the chair again.
You guys are killing me.

Don't fall off the chair lol this is a funny thread tho

Folks assuming I'm whitewashing too funny but I hear how most folks here talk about Haitians so I'm kind of reluctant to say that I'm African American aka BLACK lol

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
You may African American..... we have an African here.....

Real African.......alive and breathing

Not since Tarzan have there been such a thing !!!

ROLLOUT

Silver
Jan 30, 2012
But we not white

Trust me, you're STILL a gringa. I know this from personal experience (gringo, not gringa.) Regardless of your shade, the way you comport yourself, and the clothes you wear will have you pegged.

monfongo

Bronze
Feb 10, 2005
Grab a cab ,Work out a price, Should be about $ 100 USD ,Get a couple beers and kick back .I've driven it many times after midnight, It's not scary at all.

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
Grab a cab ,Work out a price, Should be about $ 100 USD ,Get a couple beers and kick back .I've driven it many times after midnight, It's not scary at all.

Work out a price. We as Americans aren't used to doing that, but your taxista is. Ask him the price and when he says $100.00 say "I never have paid that much, just $80.00" and he'll accept that, and you'll have money to buy another bikini when you get to your resort.

wuarhat

I am a out of touch hippie.
Nov 13, 2006
Or get a cab to the cabana, a cab to the Metro station later on, a cab to Infinity from there, and get two bikinis and an ice cream cone.

Rasputin

Jan 27, 2015
If you spent the night in Santiago and take the Metro bus the next morning to Sosua it drops you off at the end of the line about ten minutes walk from Infinite Blue. A little less than 400 pesos or less than $10. Trip should take about 90 minutes. During the day you can see what you are driving past.

TexasGirl2Dr

Jun 18, 2017
Okay guys there’s been a change of plans!!

I need help finding lodging one of the girls dropped out of the trip so now we are looking for an all inclusive resort

Anyone know of any new resorts in POP

ROLLOUT

Silver
Jan 30, 2012

Oh, no you didn't, girlfriend. My advice to you would be to stay you butt within the confines of the AI, except to go on the dune bugy/jungle tour, don't eat the salad from the buffet line, and you'll be just fine.
upon your return stateside, spend the next 3 or 4 months going through DR1 posts, and then maybe, just maybe, you'll be ready for that moto or guagua ride, drive a car in the capitol, and eat comida de calle.
Buena suerte.