Newbie - First Full Day In La Republica - Some Thoughts

imfromda305

Dec 9, 2011
egar

You guys are funny. I really hope to meet some of you in person some day. My trip is not about getting girls BUT like all men, I enjoy the company of a lady - and I do plan to have a family some day so..........

Having said that - if you "get" a lady without bribery, lying, force, or paying, I just cant see how that is a fail. I have never paid to play, but I dont put down those that do. I will be back later with some more observations.

I'm talking about Suarezn mentioned you trying to get at the ladies through the internet while being in DR. I don't know a lot about DR, close to nothing.. but the main thing I seem to hear is that girls are easy to get. So for you to get your game on the internet instead of just walking down the streets or the beach is a big FA!L in my eyes yeah!

Maybe it's because I'm still young, but nah.. I can't salute you for this one.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Alex" you seem like a nice guy,BUT,I see a lot of "Issues".
"Paying To PLAY",is different "Pay" in different countries.
How much "Play" do you think you would get in the USA if you never,bought a drink,paid for a dinner,transportation,a movie,a sweater,a necklace?????
In the DR,you,"Pay",by paying,the cell phone bill,tuition,salon,"Leche" for the "bebe",the "renta",taxi,"Medicina".
As the bumper sticker said on the "60,s Van",
"Gas,Grass,or A$$",Nobody "RIDES" for free!
Secondly,be happy that Dominican women don't drink,or smoke as much as their American counterparts!
Then,be "VERY HAPPY" that they do something more important,much better!
If "Drinking" is a form of "recreation" for you,better be careful.Find a better,"Pasa Tiempo"!
"Playboy" magazine did a "survey" many years ago.Cuban Men were found to have the "BIGGEST"!
Second place were "Jewish" men!
"Fat Old White Guys,living in the DR",didn't make the list!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
The most expensive sex you will ever have,will be with your wife!

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
Oh brother where art thou???? This guy is meeting girls on the internet...not even regular internet, but places like Dominicanchicas.com or something like that and he thinks they're the kind that are traveling to see him thinking they're just going to a "regular date". Newsflash dude...these are pay for play kind of women. You're not the only foreigner they're traveling 30 minutes+ to see.

Also what's the deal with you and the phone minutes? It's irritating. Why should THEY call you and use their minutes? YOU're the one who wants to talk so why don't YOU call them, which is free for them and then you can talk all you want. If they cut you off then they think you're boring to talk to.

These women can come and spend as long as you want, because most likely they don't have a job or their job IS to be with men.

Pay attention to what Crisco is telling you and maybe you won't be taken too badly. You've been there for about a week and already being roped in by a woman with three kids from a guy or guys who most likely are still banging her. You're the stupid gringo whom they're counting on to take care of ALL of them.

imfromda: We're not saying to force yourself on a woman...just to not be a pariguayo...and BTW trust me you're not going to force yourself on a Dominican woman if she doesn't want to unless you have a gun or knife to her head and even so some of these women who hang out at Colmadones will take it away from you and beat you up with your own gun...lol
First he is not a gringo. I do not care if he is in Russia, Cuba, France, or Turkey you refer to him as a" Brotha", and why is he stupid? Your the one reading his daily blogs, now who is the stupid gringo. Alex is a Brotha from Detroit HONOR HIM !!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
HE IS NOT MY "BRUTHA",HE IS AN AMERICAN FROM DETROIT,THAT'S ALL.
You must earn my "Honor" not be gifted it because you have the bad luck of being born in "Motown"!
"Skin Color",white or black doesn't give you anything special where I come from.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
First he is not a gringo. I do not care if he is in Russia, Cuba, France, or Turkey you refer to him as a" Brotha", and why is he stupid? Your the one reading his daily blogs, now who is the stupid gringo. Alex is a Brotha from Detroit HONOR HIM !!

He's a Gringo and so are you. I'm not reading anything other than the stuff he's posting here...and if he's truly from The "D" then he can personally come by my house in The "Drain" and I'll give him some tips on how to get his mack on in The DR.

PeteyPablo

Bronze
Apr 30, 2011
You guys need to have a tip jar...

I pay good money at comedy clubs to laugh this hard!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
He's a Gringo and so are you. I'm not reading anything other than the stuff he's posting here...and if he's truly from The "D" then he can personally come by my house in The "Drain" and I'll give him some tips on how to get his mack on in The DR.

We should all respect what people may or may not want to be called.

bori116

Jan 10, 2012
I'm new to this site but have been going to DR for a few years now, just recently came back from Santiago, and I have to say there's no need to use the internet to meet girls out there, just go to any supermarket and you can meet as many as you want. I would stay away from the internet I know a lot of girls who are just waitin to hit the lottery...

AlexMitchell

Dec 6, 2011
I'm new to this site but have been going to DR for a few years now, just recently came back from Santiago, and I have to say there's no need to use the internet to meet girls out there, just go to any supermarket and you can meet as many as you want. I would stay away from the internet I know a lot of girls who are just waitin to hit the lottery...

Ok guys and girls, time to set a few things strait.

--First, I thank the brotha for calling for respect. I tend to give respect out the outset. Just my nature.
However, I am not from Detroit. I am from the DMV, which stands for DC, Maryland, Virginia. I grew up about 5 minutes outside Washington D.C. in PG County. I also spent about 6 years in Baltimore, where half my family is from.

--Second, I dont NEED the net to meet ladies. I decided to come to the DR on a whim. I had never been here before (besides a Punta Cana all inclusive) so I didnt know the deal. I had about 2 weeks to kill back in the states before the flight, so I checked out the online scene. The yield from the internet was overwhelming, to say the least. Once again, these are chicas I met BEFORE I stepped foot on DR soil, while I was back in the states perparing my trip and getting my Dominican Spanish right. They helped me with local phrases, chosing a hotel, all kinds of stuff, before I even got here.
Perhaps you all dont see the value in doing things that way, but it has yielded benefits for me - and thanks to some of these amigas I have seen some beautiful sights, and had a few great home cooked meals in the process.

--This is a funny thread. You guys are cool with me. It is easy to take offense on the internet, but WHY? Its all in good fun as far as I am concerned.

Carry on......

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Ok guys and girls, time to set a few things strait.
--Second, I dont NEED the net to meet ladies.
Carry on......

First, you do not need to set anyone straight.

Second, why did you open the threads you did in the past on the best sites to use?

Third, we do not need you to say "carry on".

geeezzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!

Last edited:

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011

"Get his MACK ON" we have not used this phrase since 1993!!!

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
So Alex,

Tell us, what's been the biggest surprise for you so far? What do you know now that you wish you would've known before arriving? Where are your favorite places so far in DR?

AlexMitchell

Dec 6, 2011
So Alex,

Tell us, what's been the biggest surprise for you so far? What do you know now that you wish you would've known before arriving? Where are your favorite places so far in DR?

Biggest surprise - There isnt a thirsty chica waiting on every corner looking for a suga daddy to pay her bills

Wish I would have known - Seriously the violence thing seems to have been overblown. I am sure its there, but I have not see any hint of it. I left my good computer at home out of caution, thinking everyone is a thief here. I have seen no evidence of theft or violence, but I have been over charged by taxi drivers.

Favorite Place? So far just walking up and down Charles De Gualle (sp) which is near where I live. Its really chill around here.

Today I visited Plaza Central and the Acropolis. Honestly, as my friend said - they look like copies of American spots. Nothing special.