No Groans... but I have to ask..."Sankie or not"

Lapurr

Bronze
Jan 25, 2008
:eek::speechles

Words fail me lapurr - too busy wrestling with thoughts in my head!

;)

Rio

Will pm you now, have missed you!!

ok Hotness is probably not a word... just like heated passion is what i meant....yea thats a good one!! enjoy his "heated passion" ..again... if there is any!!

rio2003

Bronze
Aug 16, 2006
Will pm you now, have missed you!!

ok Hotness is probably not a word... just like heated passion is what i meant....yea thats a good one!! enjoy his "heated passion" ..again... if there is any!!

No - "hotness" is good - if it wasn't a word before, it certainly is now...... ;)

All of a sudden my last trip seems a long, long time ago and the next one a long, long way to go..........

:ermm:

Rio

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
I'm not really a gold digger, just a typical American woman,
Is there a difference?

Well, I always thought of American women as hard working and independent. I really wish I had that independence quality :)

I have a question kind of related to this thread subject: what can we, women, do and how should we behave so that men don't think we are only there for their money? I do know that men enjoy having money, showing that they have it and talking about it. But what can we, women, do to show that we are there for the money? Not to accept anything from a man? Not to allow them to buy anything for us? Buy things for them? Any ideas?

sascha

Oct 4, 2007
bronxboyatheart's post made me laugh...good one! hehe. :eek:

i dont mean to hijack the thread or anything but i wanted to bring something up as well. when i was in SD earlier this year, i met up with a few locals who were showing me around the city. they were male friends and it was purely platonic - one was the brother of a friend and another was someone i met on DR1 who was nice enough to take the time to show me around.

anyways, i was on el conde one day waiting for my friend's brother when a man i dont know asked if he could sit with me. i was just reading my book and listening to my ipod so i didnt mind since the restaurant was full and i was sitting by myself. after a few minutes he started asking me questions about where i was from, what i was doing in SD etc... i told him that i was waiting for a friend and then he asked me if my friend was a dominican male. i said "yes," and the first thing he said was "ahhh...sanky panky right?"

i have read all about sanky panky and know exactly what he was talking about but part of me was really insulted by that comment. i talked to my friend and her brother about it later that day and they basically said that any non-dominican tourist (particularly a female travelling on her own) is gonna get that kind of response from a lot of people.

i dont usually care about what people think but for me it was sad to think that if i was with a dominican male, some people would automatically assume "sanky panky" :ermm: i know i cant change people's perceptions...i just wanted to vent a bit more than anything.

Lapurr

Bronze
Jan 25, 2008
Well, I always thought of American women as hard working and independent. I really wish I had that independence quality :)

I have a question kind of related to this thread subject: what can we, women, do and how should we behave so that men don't think we are only there for their money? I do know that men enjoy having money, showing that they have it and talking about it. But what can we, women, do to show that we are there for the money? Not to accept anything from a man? Not to allow them to buy anything for us? Buy things for them? Any ideas?

This would be great if we can get some responses, because it's an excellent question, what are the signs of women being gold diggers?

I know one time I met a guy, and for some STUPID reason, I asked him what he drove!! Why??? I have no clue, I felt like a complete fool!!
I could care less what people drive? maybe subconsciously I do care? or maybe I just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to become someone's driver!! I really don't know?

Last edited by a moderator:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Sacha unfortunately that is what has been said here also that tourist men only date putas. :rolleyes:

Unless it's effecting you in lose of income because you are running a business in the DR, who cares! You are the one that knows these people so why worry if this is the mentality.

You can't put signs on your friends, "friend only here" and if you could they wouldn't believe it anyway. So enjoy your friends

sascha

Oct 4, 2007
Sacha unfortunately that is what has been said here also that tourist men only date putas. :rolleyes:

Unless it's effecting you in lose of income because you are running a business in the DR, who cares! You are the one that knows these people so why worry if this is the mentality.

You can't put signs on your friends, "friend only here" and if you could they wouldn't believe it anyway. So enjoy your friends

you're absolutely right anna. i guess i was just venting more than anything. thanks.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
in the red corner from sosua THE GOLDDIGGER !!
and in the blue corner from santiago, HE"S NOT A SANKIE AND HE'S HOT !!!

any bets ?? :ermm:

Dude, that is toooooo hilarious!!!!!!!:cheeky::cheeky::cheeky::cheeky::cheeky:

Last edited:

yess

Jun 1, 2008
"i dont usually care about what people think but for me it was sad to think that if i was with a dominican male, some people would automatically assume "sanky panky" i know i cant change people's perceptions...i just wanted to vent a bit more than anything."

I got this big on my recent trips, the looks we got, especially at the airport as I was leaving. Of course it didn't help that he put on a thick fake accent and said loudly, "ah mi gringa come back soon I need the visa!"

gee thanks sweetie

sherri

Jan 25, 2006

"i dont usually care about what people think but for me it was sad to think that if i was with a dominican male, some people would automatically assume "sanky panky" i know i cant change people's perceptions...i just wanted to vent a bit more than anything."

I got this big on my recent trips, the looks we got, especially at the airport as I was leaving. Of course it didn't help that he put on a thick fake accent and said loudly, "ah mi gringa come back soon I need the visa!"
gee thanks sweetie

I would have died for sure!:laugh:

Sadams

Feb 23, 2007
I love it when they stare

gee thanks sweetie

And you should of said loudly, " honey don't forget to pick up your money manana at Western Union 10:00 am"

yess

Jun 1, 2008
And you should of said loudly, " honey don't forget to pick up your money manana at Western Union 10:00 am"

LOL yes that would have been the answer!!!!! but then I think some of those biddies giving me the evil eye would have fallen off their seats!

bottom line we do look like a sankie with his gringa (although maybe a slightly older version) so all I can do is laugh and shake my head

simpson Homer

Bronze
Nov 14, 2003
No disrespect if you dont want nothing serius with this guy and you are
taking his presents when you can pay 50% - 50% you are using him.
like him. For taking his gifts, you already said "Gold digger" that's the clean word for Sanky.

You are showing that you are the sanky not him, this is my point

Im sorry but you dont have to be Dominican to be Sanky all you have to do
is act like one.

North America call it "Gold diggers"
Europe call it "Giggolos"
South America and Caribbean "Sanky"

OK OK OK... =
I have zero interest in a "real" relationship right now. I am actually a very attractive mid-twentys american girl. I get so much attention here it makes me ill. I am young, successful and have plenty of guys to choose from (All nationalities including my own with Bucus of money), and believe it or not this one would be my first vote for Mr. right now. But after reading the Billion sankie posts I am starting to wonder if he is indeed a Sankie.

We met at his Job (can't say where to protect his privacy) but nothing in resort or tourism...We had been flirting for a month or two and he asked me for my number, I gave him a business card, and the game was on. He bought me gifts, roses, teddy bears, made me CD's, bought me lunches dinners etc. NEVER asked for Money. He has cooked for me (and paid for the groceries and restocked my fridge). We both speak fluent English and Spanish. We've been having fun & hanging out together quite a bit.

I also told him on our second date that if he wanted to be with me I never pay for anything (period). He stuck around....I am used to being the Gold digger in the relationship here LOL.

My inner voice is saying this: I know this has almost Zero potential to work out, but who cares, he's hot, we're having fun, I'm not in LOVE, and I sure as hell am not giving him a money. This might be justification, but every rich white guy I know has about 10 Dominican Chica's, why can't I keep one hot guy until he asks me for money, and drop him like a bad habit? Especially when he's treating me like a queen & I pay for nothing...

Even still...if this guy is a sankie I do want to let him go, so give me your thoughts....I have mixed emotions on this one.