No more smoking on the beach

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
All beaches are public. There will be a Smoking Section 60 meters back from the water line.

So if you happen to be prohibited from crossing onto a section of beach that is bordered by barriers or, protected by security personnel, what do you tell them?

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
So if you happen to be prohibited from crossing onto a section of beach that is bordered by barriers or, protected by security personnel, what do you tell them?

If there isn't an established Right of Way, you don't have the right to pass thru someone else's property. I imagine it used to be pretty much ignored on new construction. Not so much anymore. They watch very close and will shut down a project while they decide on a ruling re RoW.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I think this is a smart move. It may take years to catch on but eventually it is coming. How many of my restaurant meals, including on the beach, have been spoiled by some jackass tourist pretending to be a rich aficionado. They sit puffing on a cheap cigar the size of a turd from a fat man acting like they are enjoying a fine treat and they are a rich foreigner.
Many of these bozos wouldn't know good tobacco if it slapped them.
Getting rid of smoking will happen someday except among the uneducated and in China where they couldn't care less about theirs or anyone else's health or the environment.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
If there isn't an established Right of Way, you don't have the right to pass thru someone else's property. I imagine it used to be pretty much ignored on new construction. Not so much anymore. They watch very close and will shut down a project while they decide on a ruling re RoW.

"If there isn't an established Right of Way, you don't have the right to pass thru someone else's property."
Does this not reinforce my statement regarding ALL beaches NOT being public?

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
"If there isn't an established Right of Way, you don't have the right to pass thru someone else's property."
Does this not reinforce my statement regarding ALL beaches NOT being public?

It was my intention to have used quotes instead of capitals as I was not attempting to be boorish, but simply wanted to emphasize the meaning of my previous statement. My editing feature automatically capitalized the letters. Not my intent.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
so we are going to turn into Calif????  

As a Libertarian, I am all for the rights of people to do whatever they want as long as it does not harm others.

Turns out, smoking tobacco does harm others.

It has been stated that the nicotine from cigarette butts damages the reef.
Second hand smoke in enclosed places damages other people's health.

I have no problem with laws that ban smoking tobacco in either location.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
As long as the Chicas who are smokin are still allowed on the beach ... I have no problem with this ban...

charlise

Bronze
Nov 1, 2012
So then I can smoke in the water ?? Since the law says No Smoking on the Beach... And by the way, on the beach is kinda *****ng outside....

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Well, this certainly blows my " Hookah on the Beach" Business Idea all to hell..

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
As long as the Chicas who are smokin are still allowed on the beach ... I have no problem with this ban...

You are deplorable. :alien::dead:

If you like kissing an ashtray knock yourself out. ;):tired:

I say arrest children who deposit little brown logs in the water at Boca Chica.

That shallow lagoon is the best place in driving distance from where I live to chill.

I just don't get cigar smoking. The fake manliness of cigar smoking makes me SMH.

Jaime809

Bronze
Aug 23, 2012
So then I can smoke in the water ?? Since the law says No Smoking on the Beach... And by the way, on the beach is kinda *****ng outside....
Yes, youve just got to light up while waist-deep

Sent from my ASUS_Z016D using Tapatalk

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
I can not speak of damaged reefs, or alleviating the burden upon them, as this is not my area of proficiency. I for one, will be very happy to be able to enjoy the beaches without stepping upon discarded cigarette and cigar waste, as well as not having to breathe in backwash from others and their respective carcinogens.

Then wouldnt it be more sensible to just apply a " no littering " law ?
Then while you enjoy not stepping upon discarded cigarette waste, you could also enjoy not splitting your foot on a broken presidente bottle, you could also enjoy not smelling the forgetten dirty nappy, etc, etc........

Obviously, in the perfect world, it would be a good mesure. But, sadly, just thrown out there for PR brownie points, it will have 0 effects.

Any " normal" gringo smoker would/should dispose of his cigarette butts in an ashtray ( yes, yes, ask for one at the beach, where you get your drinks, you will be suprised ), or a disposable ashtray ( small metal box, that clips closed, handed out at every beach or festival back in the civilised world )..........

P.S. a good start would be introducing the dr to public bins. Not only on the beach, but in the cities, etc......