Observations after 4 trips to the DR in 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Perhaps her book and her other things... are open.... since you keep an open checkbook to go with it.
Did you look into that....or do you want someone else to look into it for you?

Dream on.....

I'll forgive your ignorance and apologize to those Americans that don't fit the description of the Ugly American as well as you do. . My wife is a successful small business woman, employing around 50 people. Books - you can read several of hers, as they are in the national archives, having been digitized.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
OK tough guy. First you get bamboozled by a Dominican chica that claims she is an engineer and has sold you a line about her catastrophic childhood in her attempt to garner more attention from you.
Now you are claiming to be Johnny Righteous and kick azz because "guys are hiding behind their keyboard" and dissing you and woman of the world.
I am confident now that I have identified the volatile instigator in this soap opera !!

P.S The girl is not an Engineer, unless you consider doing nails at the salon and sewing in hair extensions civil engineering.

you sound jealous that you only get to screw hookers, or are you just trying to keep the thread going.

alone

Jan 1, 2013
I'll forgive your ignorance and apologize to those Americans that don't fit the description of the Ugly American as well as you do. . My wife is a successful small business woman, employing around 50 people. Books - you can read several of hers, as they are in the national archives, having been digitized.
It's interesting that you feel obliged to protect your wife on this forum.
Please remember that you are the one who brought her into the discussion as an example of an non-scheming Dominican....not me.
As such, let me ask you very simple questions: Was she a successful small business woman in 1998? who financed her book writing ventures?

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Please remember that you are the one who brought her into the discussion as an example of an non-scheming Dominican....not me.
As such, let me ask you very simple questions: Was she a successful small business woman in 1998? who financed her book writing ventures?

Yes She was already a successful small business owner in 1998, and she financed her own book writing and publishing. She has also wrote several textbooks and tutors a number of children in Algebra who attend other schools as personal favors to people she knows. Any man would defend his wife and only a jerk would make nasty comments about someone's wife.
Let me ask you a simple question- do you hate women. Why so nasty? Alone, apt!

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011

So a Dominican woman can only have a successful business or career if she has a gringo by her side? WOW! You gringos are so full of yourselves. Of course, the hookers you "date" aren?t able to finance a book or have a successful business. DUH!!! If they did, they wouldn?t be "dating" you in the first place!!!

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
So a Dominican woman can only have a successful business or career if she has a gringo by her side? WOW! You gringos are so full of yourselves. Of course, the hookers you "date" aren?t able to finance a book or have a successful business. DUH!!! If they did, they wouldn?t be "dating" you in the first place!!!

i met up with a fellow DR1 poster this week, and we went to an establishment owned by a good friend of mine. there were a few women there that rolled up in their "carros del ano", and all the trappings of comfortable sustenance. it was obvious, by their bearing, that these women were from the upper echelons of Dominican society, and would not give the time of day to the average gringo. i have friends from North America who believe they can get any woman here, because of their material possessions. little do they know that there are people here who can buy and sell them a dozen times before lunch. who is to say that bob's wife did not have more money than he does?

Aug 6, 2006
For me the deal breaker is that he says that this chick treated him horribly. He claims that she treated him worse than anyone has done in his life. Perhaps she did this because she was mentally damaged, perhaps she did it intentionally, but either way, this would be for me a deal breaker. No person needs a mate that does this, unless, of course they are a masochist and enjoy this sort of thing.

I suppose that if they had been married for several years, this would be something to work through, but that does not appear to be the case.

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
Ksarino,

Hey man, i love your honesty. I also love your sincerity in your posts. But you shouldn't take everyone here too serious. A lot of people here are just being funny. I love funny, you should too--the comment about the doing nails at a hair salon and comparing it to a profession of a Dominican engineer cracked me up. I have some Dominican cousins who are engineers at various hair salons on 231st & White Plains road in the Bronx.

But look, that's not what i wanted to talk to you about. i want to talk to you about "Crazy,"

The world is not getting any "Saner" out there. You got to come to terms with "Crazy"--make it your best friend, and make it work for you. Crazy is good, but only if you know how to control it. I'll use my taste in women as an example:

I only date crazy girls. Always have. I also date big girls, but that's another story. I love crazy girls for several reasons. First, they're usually fantastic in bed. In bed, crazy women are like, well...how should i put it...fuc^king Crazy! They bite, they scratch, they scream out, they call out different people's names, and sometimes they sound like an alley cat making love...and that's if you stick it in the right hole.

I love crazy because "Normal" bores me to death. Normal girls are too relaxed, too complacent, too didactic. I hate normal. i hate normal almost as much as i hate boring. Anyone can get a heaping dose of boring in the bedroom. Give me something that swings from the chandeliers, someone who does gymnastics in bed, someone willing to try everything kinky out before lunchtime...but i especially like someone willing to do all of these things "sober." I don't want someone who needs to be on some chemical to be crazy. I want someone naturally crazy.

The strange thing is how i came about understanding Crazy. I mean, like everyone, i recognized Crazy when i saw it. I certainly recognized it when it was standing in front of me, kissing me, and biting my tongue and taking a chunk out of it...but there are so many different levels of Crazy. Personally, i like the "sleeper" type crazy...you know the one...where they look and act normal, but when the door is closed they go completely stark wild Crazy--tearing your clothes off, tearing their clothes off, climbing the walls and doing back flips across the room. But, like i said, i don't like "drug" crazy or "alcohol" crazy. I hate that type of crazy. If you need chemicals in you to be crazy, I am not interested. If you can't be fun and entertaining without chemicals inside you, i am not interested. But if you are naturally wild, completely mad, and open to experimentation while you're completely stark sober--i'm interested. I am very interested. Because, to me, that means you are comfortable with your craziness. You've come to terms with it. You've made a pact with your craziness. But more then this...you understand your craziness. I can get behind that. I can support that.

I hate boring. the world is already filled with enough boring people as it is. I like people willing to get off their asses and experiment, try new things, risk their reputation, risk being labeled deranged, mad, spontaneous, and insane. I love people who are unique and interesting.

I once had sex with a Jehovah Witness who stopped by my house with her family. I didn't have sex with her right there. No, she came back later and we had sex everywhere. She was crazy..the good, fun kind of crazy.

I've dated a lot. A whole lot. If i had to take a guess, I suppose i've been with around between 1500 to 2000 women...not including farm animals. That's no joke: 12 years on ships, 34 years in bars and restaurants around the world. Math doesn't lie. If i sit down and do the math, it adds up. But that's not remotely important, nor is it bragging...it's simply how it is in the service industry when you are single, young, and a little "crazy." I've worked on a lot of cruise ships...now you want to talk about wild sex, crazy sex....one day i will tell you about cruise ship life. No, better yet, i'll write a book about it.

Anyway, i say stick with your girl. Embrace her craziness, make it work for you. The last thing you want in this world is to be with a 'Normal" girl. Normal is boring, its redundant, its complacent, and it's fuc^king demoralizing. What you want is someone who swings from the chandeliers and screams out your name--or someone elses--and making primitive screeching noises and sounds like two cats making love in a dark alley while wild dogs stand behind chain-linked fences driving themselves into a frenzy trying to get at them.

I know Crazy. You should too.

Frank

Last edited:

alone

Jan 1, 2013
Yes She was already a successful small business owner in 1998, and she financed her own book writing and publishing. She has also wrote several textbooks and tutors a number of children in Algebra who attend other schools as personal favors to people she knows. Any man would defend his wife and only a jerk would make nasty comments about someone's wife.
Let me ask you a simple question- do you hate women. Why so nasty? Alone, apt!

Please take it easy....I have my opinion and you have yours......
I did not bring your wife into this.....you did....
I did not use bad words in any of my posts....you did....
Please remember we are discussing Dominican women only and not women in general.
I say they are all deceitful and you think they are not since you think your wife proves my theory wrong.
I disagree. She is not an exception.
You should closely examine the foundations of the "business contract" you have with her.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Dominican hair salons at 231st and White Plains Road? things must have changed a lot since i lived in the area. maybe Bronxboy can give me some chronology..

alone

Jan 1, 2013
Not exactly.
I am saying that a Dominican woman won't be interested in a gringo if she does not need him.

alone

Jan 1, 2013
i met up with a fellow DR1 poster this week, and we went to an establishment owned by a good friend of mine. there were a few women there that rolled up in their "carros del ano", and all the trappings of comfortable sustenance. it was obvious, by their bearing, that these women were from the upper echelons of Dominican society, and would not give the time of day to the average gringo. i have friends from North America who believe they can get any woman here, because of their material possessions. little do they know that there are people here who can buy and sell them a dozen times before lunch. who is to say that bob's wife did not have more money than he does?

Agreed.
Family money provides freedom for a woman to pursue a more balanced life.
A gringo would be the last person they want to be associated with since this association carries negative social stigma.

Aug 6, 2006
I disagree that any general blanket statements are ever valid.
Like "all Dominican women are deceitful." Or any statement that fits the pattern, "All X are Y." Every human being is unique unto him or herself. I suppose some aspects are more predictable than others, such as "Dominican women tend to value straight hair and avoid getting their heads wet." But to say ALL rather than MOST is inaccurate.

All you need to disprove the statement "All swans are white" is one black swan. And, by the way, in Australia, there are black swans, I hear. I have seen Dominicanas with afros. I have known Dominicanas who were not deceitful.

I make no claims that my experience is typical, but all the deceitful Dominicanas I have known have been in places where there are a lot of turistas: Sosua, Las Terrenas, Juan Dolio. And they are horrible at lying. Mexicanas are far more creative when is comes to enga?os.

I have noticed some constants: on telenovelas, the blonde women are evil, the chick with the long dark hair and the acento indito is a pure and self-perpetuating virgin. And not particularly bright, since her ex, who has vanished grows a beard and returns and she is incapable of recognizing him.

You CAN make general statements about telenovelas and the people who write them.

Seen on a wall in Mexico City, long ago: ?MUJER MEXICANA! ?DEJA DE MIRAR TELENOVELAS! ?TE EMBRUTECEN!
?ndale, pues'n.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Agreed.
Family money provides freedom for a woman to pursue a more balanced life.
A gringo would be the last person they want to be associated with since this association carries negative social stigma.

actually, your observation regarding social stigma is very interesting, and has a lot of truth to it. however, it is multi-faceted. the poor girl from the barrio does not have the social stigma issue, because she believes that it is an elevation of status to have a white companion. at the other end of the spectrum, the wealthy Dominican girls are looking for their male counterpart from the upper registers of the local upper crust. they are not impressed by some gringo who worked on a train, and accumulated a sizeable bank account. it is a status thing to them. they want a guy from a family in Bonao with a hyphenated surname, not Joe the butcher from Bay Ridge,

Aug 6, 2006
I think that as a rule, women are taught to "marry up".
When they are rebelling against the family, they go for the "bad boys".

I do not think that this tendency is limited to the RD.

Is anyone familiar with the Mexican comic, "La familia Burr?n"? It was published from the early 196=50's until the author, Gabriel Vargas, died at the age of 92 in 2009.
The main character is Borola Tacuche de Burr?n, who married Regino Burr?n, a humble barber. Borola was a bit like Lucy Ricardo on the US TV show, always hatching hare-brained schemes to make money and to pass herself off as una mujer de la alta. Every member of her family was crazy, rich, or both.

It was also a spirited critique of Mexican government and society. Demons in Hell were shown as envious of the evilness of the local Mexico City police.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Xavier, you are so right when you say Dominicanas are horrible at lying. pathetic, really! they have been using the same old lies forever, and never try to invent new ones. it is all so transparent.

my education in this regard came very early in the contact i have with this country. the first group of girls that i met on my first trip clued me in right off the bat. i immediately began to wonder how it was that every single girl i met had a birthday which fell within the time of my visit. then i began to wonder how it was that if you gave one a gift, and returned three months later, she never had it any more, because it had been stolen. how was it that they always had relatives that were so sick that they required expensive medication. why was daddy always crashing on the motoconcho? i mean, every last one of them had the same stories.

how is it that i have had the same cellphone from 2003, yet every Dominican girl has had hers drop into the toilet?

i once told a Dominican girl that i am a Bronx boy, and we invent scams there. when they have passed their expiration dates, we export them to the DR, and fabricate new ones.

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
you sound jealous that you only get to screw hookers, or are you just trying to keep the thread going.

Jealous ? No. Amused , yes. Thinks for telling us about your picture perfect marriage and your partner publishing books and owning a fortune 500 company. It sound like you have been drinking the same punch as the OP.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Jealous ? No. Amused , yes. Thinks for telling us about your picture perfect marriage and your partner publishing books and owning a fortune 500 company. It sound like you have been drinking the same punch as the OP.
No such thing as a perfect marriage and perfect life, all one can do is live a principled life and be proactive, then the chips lie where you put them.
No, I just live a normal life, with normal people that work hard to fulfill their dreams. I feel sorry for those of you that are surrounded by scammers and dishonest people. I prefer to be a glass half-full person, not a glass half-empty person.
I'm perfectly aware of how much deceit there is in the world.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Please take it easy....I have my opinion and you have yours......
I did not bring your wife into this.....you did....
I did not use bad words in any of my posts....you did....
Please remember we are discussing Dominican women only and not women in general.
I say they are all deceitful and you think they are not since you think your wife proves my theory wrong.
I disagree. She is not an exception.
You should closely examine the foundations of the "business contract" you have with her.

I know many Dominican women, even though I'm only married to one. I know many that are not deceitful. I'm sorry that you have had the misfortune to only meet the deceitful ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.