Odebrecht scandal

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
That looks like fun times!

Is there a way to confirm that all of the correct people are being rounded up according to the documents provided by Odebrecht?

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Some big PLD, PRD and PRM names so far:

Angel Rondon, Victor Diaz Rua, Andrés Bautista, Temístocles Montás, Ruddy González, Radhames Segura, Roberto Rodríguez, César Sánchez.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Mr C. points out that none of Danilo's boys are on that list of initial arrests. If none of the presidents are arrested we'll have to conclude that these men have agreed to be the fall guys.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
out of all these men testicles montas surprised me the most. i wonder how fast will he get kicked from his post...

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Mr C. points out that none of Danilo's boys are on that list of initial arrests. If none of the presidents are arrested we'll have to conclude that these men have agreed to be the fall guys.

That begs the question. Will the documents naming those that accepted bribes not be released to the public?

Jan 9, 2004
out of all these men testicles montas surprised me the most. i wonder how fast will he get kicked from his post...

I was most surprised at the mention of Felix Bautista. lol

Like all the other scandals in the DR whether it was Pepe Goico, Baninter, the yellow tourist taxi purchase swindle, the Super Tucanos, the Senator "Chino" immigration swindle, the sale of National Park lands, and on and on....very few people are ever brought to justice, much less convicted.

Kudos to those who continue to shine the light, but this after all, is still the DR.

Expect some of these people to develop sudden medical issues and/or go abroad to study....until things cool down....but do not expect justice for the Dominican people....as time and time again.....the justice system in the DR has proven it is incapable or unwilling to fairly apply the law to the facts.....and quite frankly, the powerful prefer it that way.

While the Odebrecht bribery scandals in other countries have resulted in convictions and jail time for many government officials, and even though the international spotlight is shining brightly on the situation in the DR, expect little beyond a token fall guy....and I hope I am wrong.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010

That is the most extraordinary logic ..I would be quite interested how it progressed ..here we have commentators who know nothing about the evidence that has come from Brazil nor the evidence from the numerous lengthy interviews but are baying like dogs waiting to draw blood ,innocent or guilty .

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
That is the most extraordinary logic ..I would be quite interested how it progressed ..here we have commentators who know nothing about the evidence that has come from Brazil nor the evidence from the numerous lengthy interviews but are baying like dogs waiting to draw blood ,innocent or guilty .

They should be baying for the original documents from Odebrecht.

Jan 9, 2004

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
To bring someone into court and accuse them of government corruption and to oppose bail and to ask a judge to imprison them for 18 months , a judge under the British system would tell the prosecutors that he needs to see some evidence to suggest a jury would convict the accused .. Here we have no evidence produced by the prosecution but a plea for more time for translations etc.. What a dreadful system ..

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
My husband is under the impression that some in the government have an immunity to prosecution? Senators and Diputados maybe? Is this possible?????

Jan 9, 2004
My husband is under the impression that some in the government have an immunity to prosecution? Senators and Diputados maybe? Is this possible?????

Welcome to the DR....and he is correct...but that immunity as I understand it...can be stripped away....but adds another layer of potential cover/delay for those doing wrong.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Welcome to the DR....and he is correct...but that immunity as I understand it...can be stripped away....but adds another layer of potential cover/delay for those doing wrong.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Yes, he said something about Danilo being able to remove it.

Interesting concept.

Like "Diplomatic Immunity", another travesty.