"On The Spot" interview with Robert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naufrago

Sep 1, 2004
Ok Guys, Let him Have it, ask away, everything you always wanted to know about Robert. The Format is a good idea. But, did he really think that it wouldn't backfire?

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Naufrago said:
Ok Guys, Let him Have it, ask away, everything you always wanted to know about Robert. The Format is a good idea. But, did he really think that it wouldn't backfire?

Your wasting your time.... right now.

Naufrago

Sep 1, 2004
Maybe, but when you get the chance I was just curious:

1. What was your inspiration for the DR1 website?

2. Do you have any other websites that you administer, or is DR1 your only baby?

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Naufrago said:
Maybe, but when you get the chance I was just curious:

1. What was your inspiration for the DR1 website?

Dolores started it, she's the insipiration for DR1. It's a spin off from the old Santo Domingo News. I came into DR1 about a year after it had been online.

Naufrago said:
2. Do you have any other websites that you administer, or is DR1 your only baby?

We currently have around 70 domains for various reasons, plus client sites.

Naufrago

Sep 1, 2004
There now, that wasn't so bad was it? 18 more questions and you're off the hook. Anybody else want to give it a try?

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
I'd like to know how Robert has managed to stay single after so long in the DR...or is he still DR1's most eligible bachelor???

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
Confucius say

trina said:
I'd like to know how Robert has managed to stay single after so long in the DR...or is he still DR1's most eligible bachelor???
Why buy cow, when milk free?

Last edited:

Castellamonte

Bronze
Mar 3, 2005
Cabrera
www.villa-castellamonte.com
Robert said:
Dolores started it, she's the insipiration for DR1. It's a spin off from the old Santo Domingo News. I came into DR1 about a year after it had been online.

We currently have around 70 domains for various reasons, plus client sites.
I'd like to know when DR1 will start having subdomains for the various areas of the country (e.g. cabrera.dr1.com, rio-san-juan.dr1.com...)

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
Cleef said:
Why buy cow, when milk free?

What's the flipside to that joke? Why buy the whole pig just to get a little sausage??? LOLOLOL

BTW, that was meant only as a joke, not directed at anyone.

Last edited:

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Castellamonte said:
I'd like to know when DR1 will start having subdomains for the various areas of the country (e.g. cabrera.dr1.com, rio-san-juan.dr1.com...)

I have always had more success with domain/folder over sub-domains for SEO work.

chuckuindy

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
2 questions

I have met Robert twice and find him a very intriguing young man.

I would like to know his educational background and the number of countries he has visited.

Chuckuindy

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
Maiden Journey

All you need to know about Robert (in this instance anyway) can be summed up in a story about his first few days on the island.

Were you the director or just an extra? ;)

C'mon Robert, share that one.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Cleef said:
All you need to know about Robert (in this instance anyway) can be summed up in a story about his first few days on the island.

Were you the director or just an extra? ;)

C'mon Robert, share that one.

All in good time young Luke....

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
chuckuindy said:
I have met Robert twice and find him a very intriguing young man.

I would like to know his educational background and the number of countries he has visited.

Chuckuindy

The university of life and lots of countries, but only lived in seven.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Now if Cleef had been at my party he'd know Robert's story!

That said I'd like to know when Rob is going to introduce us to that sweet young thing I've seen him with a few times??!!

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Since this was started...

I'm going to ask a few of the questions I had for him...

Who was your childhood hero?
Do you have a nickname?
What are your favorite TV shows?
Vanilla or Chocolate:
First job:
First car:

Tom F.

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Thanks Dolores

I would really like to thank Dolores for her former publication of Santo Domingo News. When I first went to the DR as a Peace Corps volunteer in 1987, it was the only way I figured out what was really going on in the Dominican news. It took awhile to learn enough Spanish to read and converse on complicated issues. The English version provided that insight for the emerging Spanish speaker.

Can you give us some history on when you started the newspaper and when did it stop?

Status
Not open for further replies.