One Question: Is It Worth It?

Status
Not open for further replies.

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004
Thanks for the advice and I appreciate you sharing your story!! But first things first I DID go to his house. He lives by himself (and I saw no evidence of anyone else's belongings or a "sister" thats not really his "sister" lol.) His family is small and lives in Santo Domingo, I was in Andres during my stay, but I met his family friends and their families while I was there. I visited their homes and had dinner with them. He asked if when I returned if I could meet his brother and sister and their families since I will have an assignment in Santo Domingo when I return as well.

I will have a job in education in DR so I am going back...regardless for work..and before 3 pm on the weekdays...he was at work, like I said I met his co workers from his previous job, so I mean hey he could be lying, but my gut tells me he's a hard working guy (hey he could be hard working at trying to get here too lol) and I agree that these are all red flags to look for...but again...love is a risk period. It doesn't matter where the person is from. You are always taking a risk.

Why are you coming to a public board and ask us: IS IT WORTH IT ????????????

Caribe

May 11, 2011
To the OP:

I think this story is really nice. There are a few different types of Dominican guys, from what I understand and about which I have read.

1. There is the type that just wants a visado / residencia to the States / Canada. He comes here and is done with you.

2. There is the type of guy that wants to marry you and drain you dry.

3. There is the type that is tired of his situation in DR and wants an opportunity elsewhere. He knows that marrying can facilitate this, but also he's a good-hearted guy. He wishes there was no hidden agenda to his urge to be with you, but he is a victim of circumstance. So, what he does is marry and stick with you forever - unless you two split naturally. He gets a wonderful wife to whom he will show gratitude and a better life on more stable soil.

I think this is probably Guy 1 or Guy 3.

Caribe

May 11, 2011
Also... if he's a cutie, and the sex is good, hey... you're getting something out of the deal. Those Baltimore dudes haven't got ANYTHING on a sexy Dominican, and they will not ever serenade you like a Dominican. I'm not gay or anything.. just stating the facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.