One Question: Is It Worth It?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
RacerX, I see your point but you're a cheap MF ;)

DAMN ! I would send money to your novia, I feel sorry for her :)

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
I ll will give you her address. YOU can do it.
Who will feel sorry for you when you can do what you wanna do because you have commited your money to some broad with a scheme?

PLus,
a. 'dem aint my damn kids. 14 and 17 years old. If I didnt make 'em I aint gotta take 'em.
b. carro publicos allow you to see and discover more of the city that you could see in a taxi-cab.
c. everybody loves a star when he is on top, no one stays around when he starts to drop.
d. I learned it all from Teddy Pendergrass:
<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BwxB8qQXlrk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
I ll will give you her address. YOU can do it.
Who will feel sorry for you when you can do what you wanna do because you have commited your money to some broad with a scheme?

PLus, 'dem aint my damn kids. 14 and 17 years old. If I didnt make 'em I aint gotta take 'em.

I don't feel sorry for her situation, I feel sorry for trying that sh*t on you.

Shoot, I am from Africa, I don't feel sorry for nobody, I have always heard worse :)

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
Putting things in proper perspective here, have any of you been to Baltimore? Andres is definitely a step up. OP has a better chance of finding true love with a Man of Honor in the D.R.

Seriously...

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
I don't feel sorry for her situation, I feel sorry for trying that sh*t on you.

Shoot, I am from Africa, I don't feel sorry for nobody, I have always heard worse :)

Hahahaha! you re funny. I thought you d be ****ed about the French rapper in the projects quote. One thing though, why do the dudes where wool knit caps and bomber jackets in Martinique? Isnt it like 90 degrees there...hmm, same question for Porto Rican rap dudes. Why the thermal wear in the tropics?

oriole100

Bronze
Oct 9, 2005
I lived in Balto. most of my life. We live here now. Your young. Take some time. If you come and stay 6 mo. and see him every day, you will know. Can't hide girlfriends, wife. I think your getting played. I could be wrong. Your not here long enough to really know what is going on.

Feb 15, 2005
It means what she said, that they rather not have dark folks as mates.

What a bull**** post. So for a tourist to fall for a beautiful brown skin Dominican is cool. But for a Dominican (light skin or whatever) to fall for a black women is not? That's ignorant. Listen this is not the segregated south we're talking about. There are issues in all walks of life, but just are blessed to have a good woman or man. Whatever is the flavor of the person.

But you're comment echoes that of a mentality that exists some really ignorant high economic classes, but that now is very outdated and therefore broken taboos. Intermarriage is very normal, if you haven't noticed. Japanese women love black men, Rasta Black at that, and then have the most beautiful children btw.

Personally I find the original comment dis-respectful to the op, even if she didn't take it that way.

"Dark Folk" what the **** is that? You sound like a bigot.

bigwhiskey

Aug 29, 2010
It means what she said, that they rather not have dark folks as mates.

Bulls@#t "dark folks" that garbage is more fuc#%@ up than what mountainanne said. Bend over and pull your head out your a** what you think blue eyes and blonde hair is best. An a**hole named adolf thought the same way.

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Bulls@#t "dark folks" that garbage is more fuc#%@ up than what mountainanne said. Bend over and pull your head out your a** what you think blue eyes and blonde hair is best. An a**hole named adolf thought the same way.

Give it up....we'll never get the point across...to many "undercovers" on this site.

SHALENA

Feb 15, 2005
The bottomline ambressence is that love is love and there's always risks no matter where it happens. If it feels good enjoy it. BUT, like anywhere else court/date for awhile just like in the states. You would not meet a fella and get married in 6 months, NO dude I know, would get married with a women in 6 months. Date, a year/2 years, live together for months over in the DR. THEN, feel it out again and think, feel it out long term/short term.

Again, date for awhile just like in the States.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
The OP should call the paramour and tell him she's broke, quitting her job and school, and is moving down next week to have him support her forever.

Watch the cockroaches run from the light...:cheeky:

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
What a bull**** post. So for a tourist to fall for a beautiful brown skin Dominican is cool. But for a Dominican (light skin or whatever) to fall for a black women is not? That's ignorant. Listen this is not the segregated south we're talking about. There are issues in all walks of life, but just are blessed to have a good woman or man. Whatever is the flavor of the person.

But you're comment echoes that of a mentality that exists some really ignorant high economic classes, but that now is very outdated and therefore broken taboos. Intermarriage is very normal, if you haven't noticed. Japanese women love black men, Rasta Black at that, and then have the most beautiful children btw.

Personally I find the original comment dis-respectful to the op, even if she didn't take it that way.

"Dark Folk" what the **** is that? You sound like a bigot.

Bro, I think you dudes are reading too much out of context. This isnt the deep South of the United States but in MANY ways this place is still in the 1940s socially. People IN the middle class and those who aspire to be want to fit in. The saying is "Being white is a profession" and as stupid as it sounds these people take it to heart. You want to judge someone here look at their shoes. Only the Dominican Yorks would take it upon themselves to wear sneakers. And since they are the "coolest" thing going, the chopos and tigres want to be just like them.

I didnt think MA was insulting me. I think she was pointing out the clear distinction between the have and the have-nots. When I walk into a place clearly I am from the outside. I look like I eat better than the typical black Dominican or Haitian and my clothes are different. In fact almost everywhere I go, there are no dark-skinned people. So my real question is how come it is only those who have no money to spend?

BTW, we aint talking about Japan, we are talking about DR. And then Japanese women just like big dicc. Dont beat around the bush there.

Anyway to the OP all things come to light with time. The hustle never holds out for long.

ambressence

May 6, 2011

I agree.

And the thing is, he's brown...not light skinned. We are about the same complexion.....and he has said nothing but positive things about my skin color...as did other people while I was in DR. I am very aware that there is a history of color issues in DR, just as there are within the African American community in the US...and any other country that European powers expanded their empires to, but I don't understand why there seems to be a big debate here about what is "desired" in DR in terms of the appearance. I feel like thats missing the point of my question...and its almost as if the argument people have been making is that he's not really interested in me because I am a black woman, and not a blonde hair, blue eyed resort tourist.

Since there seem to be so many experts, can anyone expand on the issues of color stratification in DR... as it stands in a modern context, how does it function in DR? Furthermore feel that it is completely disrespectful to assume that black women are a less desirable choice for ALL Dominican men. People should be careful about making vast generalizations.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
This is only going to get the thread closed...We are not actually allowed to talk about race here on DR1! I skirted the line in my observation about class and race before.. You are more simply at risk because you are an American.. and the love may be based on getting a visa than on anything personal. The odds are that you are not intending to come down here to live, as many retired people do... since you will not be able to make anywhere near as much money as back in the USA. So .. does he love you for yourself or for the Visa? HBs rules are quite useful.. The question is can he get a US visa without you? not saying an immigration visa but just a visitor's visa.. ? Has he tried?

ambressence

May 6, 2011
The question is can he get a US visa without you? not saying an immigration visa but just a visitor's visa.. ? Has he tried?

He hasn't tried to before, but depending on how things run while I am working in DR this summer, I may stay for a year longer before returning to USA for grad school.

And...thank you.. I do not want to get this thread closed. I just don't understand HOW the conversation got HERE. thank you!

Jenny429

Oct 10, 2005
Ok.. A little history of me.. I ran a visa board for many, many years.. Americans bringing their spouses over.. I've seen it all.. I brought the love of my life over too way back when.. I have 4 beautiful, gorgeous, 1/2 Dominican children, and for me, I love my life. Fast forward to your story.

RUN!!!!!! Yes, the sex is GREAT.. But your Dominican has an expiration date attached to him. So fall madly in-love, and he will too.. Come to America.. and he'll be ok.. a little grumpy, but he'll be ok until all his papers are finalized and then boom.. he will replace ya with 1 or more.. Or he'll just leave.. I've seen it..

Red flags?
YOU NEVER WENT TO HIS HOUSE?! (Many times I've seen this when they are hiding something.. Hiding a family.. Hiding a wife, hiding someone.. The wife could be in for the visa too!!)

NO FAMILY? Dad, and mom are dead.. Well there is SOMEONE that he would be thrilled and proud to show off his American girlfriend to. Why didn't he? Aunts? Uncles? Sisters? Brothers? WHAT?! HUGE RED FLAG!!

Meeting you at 3pm. Where was he before 3pm? Who paid for your outings? He had the time of his life, and so did you.. YAY.. Don't bother going back to see him!!

When you come here, find a GOOD man who will truly love you the way you need to be loved.. this guy has danger written all over it.. REALLY..

You are so young, honestly.. Stick to an American man.. Or if you really don't want to now that your onfire for the Dominican Sex (And yes it's great).. remember they will expire.. ;)

ambressence

May 6, 2011
Red flags?
YOU NEVER WENT TO HIS HOUSE?! (Many times I've seen this when they are hiding something.. Hiding a family.. Hiding a wife, hiding someone.. The wife could be in for the visa too!!)

NO FAMILY? Dad, and mom are dead.. Well there is SOMEONE that he would be thrilled and proud to show off his American girlfriend to. Why didn't he? Aunts? Uncles? Sisters? Brothers? WHAT?! HUGE RED FLAG!!

Meeting you at 3pm. Where was he before 3pm? Who paid for your outings? He had the time of his life, and so did you.. YAY.. Don't bother going back to see him!!

Thanks for the advice and I appreciate you sharing your story!! But first things first I DID go to his house. He lives by himself (and I saw no evidence of anyone else's belongings or a "sister" thats not really his "sister" lol.) His family is small and lives in Santo Domingo, I was in Andres during my stay, but I met his family friends and their families while I was there. I visited their homes and had dinner with them. He asked if when I returned if I could meet his brother and sister and their families since I will have an assignment in Santo Domingo when I return as well.

I will have a job in education in DR so I am going back...regardless for work..and before 3 pm on the weekdays...he was at work, like I said I met his co workers from his previous job, so I mean hey he could be lying, but my gut tells me he's a hard working guy (hey he could be hard working at trying to get here too lol) and I agree that these are all red flags to look for...but again...love is a risk period. It doesn't matter where the person is from. You are always taking a risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.