Orange flybox internet is a joke atm...

oldgringo

Oct 2, 2012
Yes that is what they said.. I was actually told there is an underwater cable that provides it, which is kind of hard to believe but all I know is my internet absolutely never goes out and I have US speeds.. the costs are high though, and I really hope they don't start overselling it.

there is a submarine cable from the US to Puerto Plata

bermyboy

Bronze
Dec 13, 2007
Well I have been trying to get Tek com to my houdse for the last 3.5 weeks and have been getting the run around thier office is always empty and now no one is even responding to emails calls texts anything!!! I have been told 2 times they will come do a site visit no one has come who is the owner of this business is my money not good enough?
Frustrated!!!!

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Me too, yesterday I cancelled the contract. They said the flybox is mine and I can keep it. In emergency I could charge it with a prepaid card they said. Could not use the nearly 2000 fidepuntos accumulated since using these would renew the contract for another 18 month (?) period...

Signed up for a second Tricom Wimax. Heck, my son uses our other Wimax and he is on youtube 24/7 since 3 month without any interruption in service or velocity! :)

Damn flybox you couldn't even load the page and latest Windows update estimated download time was like 11 hours! With my Claro I did it in less than 8 minutes!

Bye bye Orange, hasta nunca!!!

It's official I threw out the Orange flybox, I got fed up