PAWA Dominicana announces Flights to US and Caribbean

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Pichardo" has just hired "Bronzy" for his "DR SPIN PROPAGANDA" company!!!!!!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

The "DR Pilots" might be "Ready To Fly", but those planes aren't!!!!!

Bred

Bronze
Aug 13, 2006
Sosua
article-1224577-07046C06000005DC-61_468x327.jpg

fuchs4d

Mar 7, 2004
Santo Domingo.? Pawa Dominicana Airlines announced flights to the islands of St. Maarten, Aruba and Curacao starting next August from the Jose Francisco Pe?a Gomez International Airport in Santo Domingo.

The company executives said they already obtained, from the Dominican authorities, the certification and permissions required to fly.

"To optain" from dominican "authorities" means purchased.
Absolutly no safety checks.

The first destinations are all with same safety requirements: none.

Would not board a dominican-certified aircraft, even if paid for.

Alexander

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I flew to Havana on Air Cubana and one of those planes.
It was painted inside with a brush, and the seats numbered with a "Magic Marker".
We were about to taxi out for takeoff in Havana, when it began to rain.
The captain said,.."We don't fly in the rain"!!!!!

NEVER AGAIN!!!!!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
I flew to Havana on Air Cubana and one of those planes.
It was painted inside with a brush, and the seats numbered with a "Magic Marker".
We were about to taxi out for takeoff in Havana, when it began to rain.
The captain said,.."We don't fly in the rain"!!!!!

NEVER AGAIN!!!!!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Cancun to Havana in an on old russian airplane, some seats were filed with maletas (?) and drinking rum with pilot or copilot (can't remember I was young and drunk :) ).

Never again !

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
GuaguAir announces the signing of Captain Chesley B. "Sully" Sullenberger to train their pilots in the art of un-powered water landings.

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
I have refined their new name and slogan: GuaguAir - It used to work

These air crafts will do just fine. Ever heard of rebuilt engines? Dominicans will be more than happy with flights to and from NY.

You guys can continue to fly on your American Airlines.;)

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
These air crafts will do just fine. Ever heard of rebuilt engines? Dominicans will be more than happy with flights to and from NY.

You guys can continue to fly on your American Airlines.;)

The reality is that if one has to fly to or through St Marteen (and if ever to Curacao) from SDQ, Insel Air looks a better bet having been around for over 20 years and with a younger fleet of aircraft.

I am mystified that PAWA are trying to compete on these routes with Insel Air knowing DAE tried and went bust just over a year ago using exactly the same type of aircraft.

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
This is just politico SPIN anyway.
PAWA will never get off the gyoung!!!

"PUN INTENDED"!!!!!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

PAWA has been flying already, all they are doing is expanding their services to other airports with the adequate planes to do that.

Once PAWA reaches the amount of passengers it needs on those routes, it will upgrade to newer and larger planes.

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
PAWA has been flying already, all they are doing is expanding their services to other airports with the adequate planes to do that.

Once PAWA reaches the amount of passengers it needs on those routes, it will upgrade to newer and larger planes.

Their planes are really old!!

If you check out the type of aircraft they plan to use you will quickly see that the vast majority of these aircraft have been scrapped and the airlines are used now by small airlines and parachute operators (plus one for Nasa). This does not inspire one with confidence does it?

Wrong business plan. Why can't a DR operation ensure it has service to USA before launching with newer aircraft? Air Jamaica, Cayman Airways and Caribbean Airways do?

Jan 9, 2004

You mean they may have leased/chartered out their aircraft on an as needed basis, although I am not sure who would lease a fuel guzzling DC-9.

They are not currently running any scheduled commercial flights....period.

It will be years, if ever, before they get certification or landing rights on the US mainland.

Those DC-9's are almost 50 years old. They would have been smarter leasing 100 passenger regional jets, like the Embraer 190, to complement their MD-80's.

Good luck to them.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Last edited:

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
You mean they may have leased/chartered out their aircraft on an as needed basis, although I am not sure who would lease a fuel guzzling DC-9.

They are not currently running any scheduled commercial flights....period.

It will be years, if ever, before they get certification or landing rights on the US mainland.

Those DC-9's are almost 50 years old. They would have been smarter leasing 100 passenger regional jets, like the Embraer 190, to complement their MD-80's.

Good luck to them.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

My guess they bought the bankrupt Dutch Antillies Express aircraft on the cheap.

Aug 6, 2006
Perhaps they installed more economical engines on these old planes.

I do not know enough about running an airline to comment knowledgeably about this, so I won't.
Panamerican is a cool name for an airline. It would be even if there never had been a Panamerican Airlines.
PAWA sounds too much like something Indonesian or perhaps a New Jersey Convenience store chain, though.

I assume they did not use the word Panamerican because it was too expensive or not for sale.

I hope they do not fall out of the sky.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Perhaps they installed more economical engines on these old planes.

I do not know enough about running an airline to comment knowledgeably about this, so I won't.
Panamerican is a cool name for an airline. It would be even if there never had been a Panamerican Airlines.
PAWA sounds too much like something Indonesian or perhaps a New Jersey Convenience store chain, though.

I assume they did not use the word Panamerican because it was too expensive or not for sale.

I hope they do not fall out of the sky.

Perhaps you should take one for a ride?
Hopefully they DO NOT have WIFI onboard!