Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Interesting comparison of a Dominican couple between Popeyes in San Juan, Puerto Rico and Popeyes in Santo Domingo. Video posted a fewdays ago. Despite Popeyes DR open in October 2023, she says the SD on Churchill one still gets long lines.

There certainly isn't a line out the door and only 5-6 people are in line inside. Lots of open tables. Perhaps they're talking about the drive-in window.

Reactions: NY-DR Commuter

scotia

Mar 18, 2004
We finally tried it last year and it was terrible. Perhaps because it was mid afternoon so we got reheated chicken and there was way too much breading. IDK but we wont be going back.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
And now comes the changes. It has been announced that spicy wings will not be sold in Dominican Popeyes.

I’m not entirely surprised by this. Spicy anything is a no-no among Dominicans. If they ever open a Popeyes in Sosúa (right, lol), maybe an exception can be made with that store.

• Haha
Reactions: Jumbo and windeguy

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
And now comes the changes. It has been announced that spicy wings will not be sold in Dominican Popeyes.

I’m not entirely surprised by this. Spicy anything is a no-no among Dominicans. If they ever open a Popeyes in Sosúa (right, lol), maybe an exception can be made with that store.
I have always called the DR "The Land that Spice Forgot" :)

What can one expect of those that like boiled bananas and plantains?

Reactions: NY-DR Commuter

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com

Then there's no reason to go there.

Father Guido

Jul 24, 2022
SDQ

I would assume they would want local vendors to keep costs down, I buy wings on occasion to air fry, and the wings here are like pigeon wings

Reactions: Jumbo

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
The best thing from yuca is the casabe, which I think most expats also don’t like the “bread of the indians.” I think if you don’t grow up eating that, chances are high you will not like it.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
The best thing from yuca is the casabe, which I think most expats also don’t like the “bread of the indians.” I think if you don’t grow up eating that, chances are high you will not like it.

I love anything made with yuca, but not casabe.

Tried all the flavors, still like eating cardboard. There was a roadside stand near Matilda/Lindsay’s house (Moncion) with an incredible array of flavors, they even sold it “sandwiched” with peanut butter, guava, etc inside. Still yuk. We stopped and bought a bunch each time because Mr AE and our kids like it.

Give me boiled yuca with fried onions (no vinegar), yuca in soups, arepita de yuca, stuffed with meat or cheese and fried, or cativia. Keep your casabe. 😂

Reactions: Farmer

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
I love anything made with yuca, but not casabe.

Tried all the flavors, still like eating cardboard. There was a roadside stand near Matilda/Lindsay’s house (Moncion) with an incredible array of flavors, they even sold it “sandwiched” with peanut butter, guava, etc inside. Still yuk. We stopped and bought a bunch each time because Mr AE and our kids like it.

Give me boiled yuca with fried onions (no vinegar), yuca in soups, arepita de yuca, stuffed with meat or cheese and fried, or cativia. Keep your casabe. 😂
We must be twins. I think a freshly prepared empanada de yuca with a little bit of picante is out of this world.

Farmer

Antiguo
Dec 2, 2003
Bought two panecicos sp? panecitos sp? anyway today from Reynaldo who walks around Sajoma selling long slabs of them. They were made from yuca and chicharrones. My favorite. Had yuca and queso also. I'm a yuca guy. And besides I get to listen to Reynaldo's cibaeno accent. Ask him his name and it comes back Reynaido. Did you make these Reynaido? Si senoi. (sorry, no Spanish keyboard)

Reactions: AlterEgo

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
First the spicy wings flew away, but today’s Listín Diario implies they flew back and brought other wings too.

IMG_0678.jpeg

IMG_0683.jpeg

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
I thought they had gone under by now.