Que pasa sucks? ....

They suck ....
308fmnr.jpg
in Beantown ... :laugh:

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Ay mi madre..........

Wowwwww, Tambo, I thought I was the only one without a heart here, wahahahahaha!!.

Back to something less funny, baseball....

Let me put my "baseball fan persona on" and let me tell you guys something:

I REEEEEEEALLY don't know why the SUCKS don't win just about every year.

That team have some of the best talents in ALLLLLLLLLLLLLL baseball!!!!.

Lowell, Bozo Ramirez, Ortiz, Varitek, Beckett, Crisp, Pedroia, Youkilis, Lugo, just to name a few, are TREMENDOUS TALENTS!!.

Well, maybe it's something in the water in SucksCity, wahahaha!!.

Btw: Let's not get too excited YET because I think (but don't hope) that Beckett WILL.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
True

Let's see what excuse they use this year.

At least, they didn't suddenly and mysteriously get swarmed by bugs in Cleveland with the Tribe down in the bottom of the 8th. LOL!!! Can't use that one.
That excuse has already been beaten into the ground by the MFYs.
Let's check the rolodex of MFY failures this century and I'm sure we'll get plenty of ideas.

The reason for the 3-1 lead is pitching; Cleveland's has been superior, they've also gotten a lot of breaks (good luck) but those things don't happen to crap teams. The Indians haven't really done anything special in this series; Westbrook and Byrd have, they were tremendous.

This series is long from over. Get it back to Boston and we'll see what happens.

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
.... The Indians haven't really done anything special in this series;
I politely disagree. The entire team is doing a great job .... Lofton, Blake, Cabrera, ..... et al.
.... This series is long from over. Get it back to Boston and we'll see what happens.
Again, I politely disagree. It's over!!!! Who would you nominate for the Bill Buckner 'great play' award? :laugh:

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
Special

I politely disagree. The entire team is doing a great job .... Lofton, Blake, Cabrera, ..... et al.
For sure. When I said "special" I'm meaning....who's the MVP of the series right now? An argument could be made for David Ortiz, but no one on the Indians sticks out just yet.

That's all I'm referring to. Trot Nixon may have the biggest hit in the series to this point, but he's on the long list. But good for them, you need everyone to contribute.

Again, I politely disagree. It's over!!!! Who would you nominate for the Bill Buckner 'great play' award? :laugh:
Well, this gives me hope. You're the same Nostradamus that came up with the Indians sweeping and the Cowboys over the Pats last weekend. I'm liking the Saaawx chances more now.

You probably took Japan and the under in WWII.:surprised

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
Momentum

What are the odds of BOS winning 3/3 games?

t'
I read somewhere that momentum in baseball is as good as your next starting pitcher. In that case, going back to Boston turns the tide I think. It certainly would be far more interesting to me to see it come back to Beantown.

I predict if Cleveland beats Beckett tomorrow night, they're going to the World Series.:bunny:

toneloc24

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
That excuse has already been beaten into the ground by the MFYs.
Let's check the rolodex of MFY failures this century and I'm sure we'll get plenty of ideas.

The reason for the 3-1 lead is pitching; Cleveland's has been superior, they've also gotten a lot of breaks (good luck) but those things don't happen to crap teams. The Indians haven't really done anything special in this series; Westbrook and Byrd have, they were tremendous.

This series is long from over. Get it back to Boston and we'll see what happens.

Whoa...whoa...whoa!!!!!

Curse of the Bambino....lasted how long???

Bill Buckner ring a bell???

7.5 game collapse in 1978. Bucky Dent????

You sure you wanna do this?:surprised

Ummm...what about that poor umpiring crap you were talking about????

The bugs thing was just plain freaky.... and funny as hell, even as a MFYs fan. Here's a real explanation: It wasn't meant to be this year. That simple.

The MFYs still have 80 of the Sux annual excuse options available. I SINCERELY doubt we'll need all of them. Since neither the MFYs nor the Sux won the WS in the past couple of years, then I guess we're both living in the past. However, the past of the MFYs has been MUCH MORE FRUITFUL. In fact, :ermm: even the past of the Florida Marlins has been more fruitful than the Sux.

Now, once again, the Sux sit on the brink of extinction from another season. Some best team of 2007. Y'all are like the team version of A-Rod. 1 for 89.:laugh:

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
Different animal!

Whoa...whoa...whoa!!!!!

Now, once again, the Sux sit on the brink of extinction from another season. Some best team of 2007. Y'all are like the team version of A-Rod. 1 for 89.:laugh:

That's a reach.

Fat lady isn't singing yet, in Beckett I trust!

As purely a baseball fan, I kind of like the idea that once the season is over, everyone kind of goes back to 0-0, and the first one to 11 wins is the champion. I'm naturally a fan of the underdog.

For the Sox, winning three straight isn't that big of a deal, so let's just see how tomorrow plays out. This isn't Arizona that's down 3-1, this team can deal.

I thought of the MVP for Cleveland so far: Rafael Betencourt, he's been incredible.

Lastly, I'm not using the umps as an excuse, he was terrible across the board; no side advantage. That type of erratic strike zone throws the game out of whack and simply annoys me.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Beckett can have some really nasty stuff and he is been here before when he was with the fish against the Yanks. However, at some point the pressure will get to him, as it does to all of them(rememeber Rivera in '01?) BUT I hope it doesn't happen on his next start.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Se salvo'......

Beckett can have some really nasty stuff and he is been here before when he was with the fish against the Yanks. However, at some point the pressure will get to him, as it does to all of them(rememeber Rivera in '01?) BUT I hope it doesn't happen on his next start.
First of all, Cleefy, I was gonna come here and make you run to "daddy" for deleting my and Tambo's posts and then I saw that you deleted, on another thread, a few posts from your number one butt kisser and I decided to take it easy.

Now, that said, let me reply to Chip:

Why hasn't George "bought" Beckett is beyond me!!.

The kid has TREMENDOUS stuff.

I have been a fan of his since his playing days in Florida and I think he will only get better as he matures. For a 27 years old, he is doing tremendously well.

My prediction is that the SUCKS will win manana!. NOT THAT I WANT THEM TO WIN, but I think Beckett will win!.

If they don't, AY DIOS MIO, we Y.A.N.K.E.E.S fans will NOT see much traffic on this forum!. PROMISE!.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
nb44ec.jpg

Almost too quiet.
I noticed the "selective moderation" also....what can ya' do?

t'

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
De que tu hablas......

nb44ec.jpg

Almost too quiet.
I noticed the "selective moderation" also....what can ya' do?

t'
But anyways, let's talk about something more important: BEISBOL!.

Hey Tambo, that young Cleveland kid, Sizemore, plays with so much passion that he reminds me of Roberto Clemente!.

I think the he WILL be a Superstar.

And btw, and while I mentioned Roberto Clemente, I have a documentary about his "life and time" with A LOT of footages and interviews with him, teamates, his widow and kids. I have a few DVD copies and whomever wants a copy just send me a PM. (YEAH, even if you are a SUCKIE SUCKIE fan, you MAY get one too).

Last edited by a moderator:

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Quienes son esos?.

Go Rockies !!!!
Go Rockies?.

And what/who are the Rockies?.

Are they a Crickett or Arena Football team?.

Perhaps a Wrestling Federation?.

Or maybe a Rodney Dangerfield's joke?.

Ooooh, you mean THE Rockies, the team so "famous" that the only people who know about them are people from their city!!. Wahahahahahaha!!.

Ok, all kidding aside, MY OPINION is that this World Series will be one of the most boring World Series in a VEEEEEEEEERY long time, because of the teams participating.

Even if there's another miracle and the SUCKS beat Cleveland, it WILL still be boring.

I, for one, will NOT waste 3-4 hours of my time watching those games. Maybe (BIIIIG MAYBE) an inning or two.

Thank GOD Tivo is my friend, wahahaha!.

Go Brooklyn Dodgers!!.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Porque diablos......

Why in hell is Beckett still pitching in the 8th with an 7 to 1 lead???????.

"Hey Francona, he can win you another game if the SUCKS win one more in Boston, dummy!!".

Victor Laszlo

Bronze
Aug 24, 2004
Just making sure...

The Tribe had a 7-run inning in game 4, remember.

Anyway, back to Boston. (To be continued...:bunny:)