Prostitutes

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
Thank you Catcher in the rye. I did not intend any criticism of Haitians. I do in fact agree with your observation of them. I based my comment purely on what I see here in LT and although I did include them in "full time" category I do believe that many of them are driven to this by poverty.

Mason3000

Aug 2, 2008
Confirming what others have said, you will not be surrounded by prostitutes and johns in Samana. Much more, couple/family friendly in that regard. It's a sleepy little town, not much happening other than whale watching in my experience.

donmobay

Say what ! ???
Dec 10, 2005
money is growing on trees here...

when they beg for $ for food i know that almost no one goes hungry here... food is not a problem..here. we are in a land of food... now if you want to see them beg for food go to mexico...there they mean it... not very much farm land and alot of rock.. mmm good...rock soup???

donmobay

Say what ! ???
Dec 10, 2005
for a friend in need.

better to call a company in the newspaper. i have not but probably sure that the girls are not going to steal as they work there. might cost an extra 10$ or so. but you can always complain somewhere...

rdidwhat

Aug 6, 2008
Hi all,

I was in Samana last week from the 17th through the 20th and I can honestly say I saw no prostitutes whatsoever.

I've been to many places in the DR and by far Samana had to be the cleanest and quietest of the places that I've been.

It was actually too quiet at times.

Hope this helps.

DOMINCAN JOE

Bronze
Aug 15, 2006
Hi again.

. I can imagine that Samana might be much the same...and I don't want to really be around prostitutes (while I don't condemn it.)Any info?

http://static.panoramio.com/photos/original/2333863.jpg
Click on link then move mouse around photo,
and left click to
enlarge,s photo ;)
::)Might take a while to load :cool: It's a sleepy little town, not much :ermm: around :cheeky:
I spent an afternoon in Samana once, and dont remember seeing any prostitutes at all.
samana.jpg

I must point out that not everyone looks like they are prostitute,s I think its a style of dress thats caught on
bikini_snow_girls.jpg
even young girls dress the same in cold climates in the UK
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
.............................Look this way ^^
if you are not interested, just don't bother with them, they will leave you alone.

Oh, and thanks IslandDreaming and JDJones for you helpful info, and for not acting like total douchebags.
Edited to add DOMINCAN JOE
donaldduck.gif

meanwhile, back at the batcave....:ermm:
Batman.jpg

:ermm:
what was the question prostitutes young girls in the UK Batman:ermm: I think Samana was mentioned

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
me no like this quote function - thats the second time ive been quoted saying something I havent said

DOMINCAN JOE

Bronze
Aug 15, 2006
jrhartley+pedrochemical said:
me no like this quote function - that's the
third time Ive been quoted saying something I haven't said
But don't quote me on that!
:bunny:that's the second:ermm: or was that the third time:cheeky:
A double wamy lol

Arrica

Jun 3, 2006
Sosua vs. Boca Chica

You can`t compare Sosua and Samana. Sosua is the NO.1 place in the whole DR for prostitutes!

I thought that the No. 1 place was Boca Chica; not that I have ever been to either one, but maybe one day I'll get around to it.

rdmatheny

Sep 2, 2006
www.freewebs.com
I find this whole topic of prostitution hilarious. First, Prostitution is the oldest profession in the world. Second, Marriage....is the the most popular form of legalized prostitution.

Mar 2, 2008
"I find this whole topic of prostitution hilarious. First, Prostitution is the oldest profession in the world. Second, Marriage....is the the most popular form of legalized prostitution."

Since this is satiric Saturday, and not funny Friday.

The preposterous proposition that prostitution is problematic produces profoundly pedestrian pronouncements of pompously perverse predictions of purgatory and pseudo-proprietary prevarications predicated on the presumption that partaking of this practice produces particularly prominent prostrates and the prospects of penal punishment (penal as in prison, not penal as in penis).

Phew!

leromero

Bronze
May 30, 2004
web.mac.com
The preposterous proposition that prostitution is problematic produces profoundly pedestrian pronouncements of pompously perverse predictions of purgatory and pseudo-proprietary prevarications predicated on the presumption that partaking of this practice produces particularly prominent prostrates and the prospects of penal punishment (penal as in prison, not penal as in penis).

Phew!

Bravo, bravo....... encore......... encore......