Puerto Plata/Cabarete Weather

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Weather is looking good for the next few days in Puerto Plata. Spoke to Gavino Contreras at Apartahotel Caracol (http://dr1.com/directories/hotels/caracol.shtml) and his eyewitness report is that looks like it wont rain today. It's sunny in Cabarete, hot, and the winds are good. His forecast is for the next three or four days, good weather.

tired_boy

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
Dolores said:
Wednesday, 2 June at 3:18 pm. Mayeline from Fun Royale & Tropical in Playa Dorada, Puerto Plata (http://dr1.com/directories/hotels/funroyale_tropicale.shtml) corroborates the good weather. She says it has been good weather for about a week. "It's been very hot," she explains. "It hasn't been raining for about a week," she says.

..........and then on June 8th the clouds will come rolling in on the back of my plane ;)

Only joking, i don't particularly mind what the weather does - but it would be nice to think i won't spell my record of only having about 2 days of rain out of the 10 weeks i have spent in the DR!

tired_boy

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
Dolores said:
Spoke to Gavino Contreras at Apartahotel Caracol (http://dr1.com/directories/hotels/caracol.shtml) and his eyewitness report is that looks like it wont rain today. It's sunny in Cabarete, hot, and the winds are good. His forecast is for the next three or four days, good weather.

Was he right concerning Thursday and Friday then?

All this sunshine there must be a good old thunderstorm on the horizon!

tired_boy

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
I am here now so i can give an 'eye-witness' account of the weather.

The 8th June was nie when we landed, generally a nice day.

Wednesday the 9th was cloudy then sunny then cloudy (but we still got burnt - pack some high factor)

Thursday the 10th had more sun (but we had to stay out of it because of the previous day)

Friday the 11th - well its only 10 in the morning now but i haven't seen a cloud yet.

Its nice and its very hot when the sun is fully out, off to the water park now, gotta go :)

tired_boy

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
I would say that yesterday was a good day in general, very hot when the sun was out. In all honesty though you wouldn't want the sun out all day long so the clouds are a bit of a blessing when they come. The morning was clear and hot. Around 2:30 p.m we had about 15 minutes of heavy rain but by the time we arrived back in Playa Dorada from Sosua all was dry again.

Today has started off good aswell!

Mr. F1

May 25, 2004
Well, I've arrived back from my two week holiday to the Dominican and have had a fantastic time. If anything, I've got myself the best tan I've ever had and that's including being to the Dominican before :)

As far as rain's concerned, we had one or two days were it spat for about 10 minutes and that's about it. The rest of the time it was around 30 degree's in the shade and temps reaching 36!!!!! :paranoid:

Lets put it this way, I don't know what I was worried about. There was more hype here in the UK about the floods than in the Dominican itself, don't think I even heard anyone talking about it over there :ninja:

We did the the Dolphin swim at Ocean World and all a full day city tour of Puerto Plata, Sosua and the cable car ride. Both trips well recommended especially the Ocean World one. We didn't do any more because we'd done a few other on our last visit.
Total bliss and wish I was back there already :)

tired_boy

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
Mr. F1 said:
As far as rain's concerned, we had one or two days were it spat for about 10 minutes and that's about it. The rest of the time it was around 30 degree's in the shade and temps reaching 36!!!!! :paranoid:

Lets put it this way, I don't know what I was worried about. There was more hype here in the UK about the floods than in the Dominican itself, don't think I even heard anyone talking about it over there :ninja:

Glad to hear you had a good time, i myself have only got 2 1/2 more hours of the sun before i come go back to England.

The weather has been amazing, i always seem to be here for good weather, it was a bit on and off in the month up to arriving but in 14 days we have had no more than half an hours rain at any one time (during the day anyway)

The weather looks great again for today (Tuesday) so i am off for my last 2 hours of tan-topping-up!

tired_boy

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
This is meant to be a sticky and yet the next to the last post was myself ont he 22nd June saying i was coming home.........

I would like to repeat the sentiments of the last post in this 'sticky'.............what's it doing in Puerto Plata? I intend on coming in 2 weeks - whats the last week or two been like?

- tired_boy :)

tired_boy

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
Hi again,

What's it been like this past week?

If people have been recently it would be great if they could post a short summary of the weather while they were there. I tried to do that while i was there in June and i will do that while i am in POP in 2 weeks.

:)

tired_boy

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
Lambada said:
Normal for here, hot, dry, a few spots of rain for 2 lots of five minutes each respectively yesterday, none today.

Thanks Lambada,

Post us an update every few days or so........that would be very appreciated.
Whats the temperature been like, any idea?

Thanks

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
32C in the shade in the afternoons (that is somewhere around 90F I believe), is Beeb using C or F these days? Cooler (in a manner of speaking!) in mornings & at night. Temp will remain the same for next month unless we get rain or hurricane when it will be cooler. Always noticeably cooler after heavy rain. Hotter just before hurricane winds hit, then cooler after hurricane rains pass. BTW this ISN'T a prediction!

KelleJ507

Aug 4, 2004
Hi,

Hope it is still nice weather there. Not too good here (no change!) pouring down with rain, very windy and it's about 14C.

Kelly :)

tired_boy

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
Has anyone got a link to a site that has proved itself 'slightly-more-accurate-than-the-others' for forecasting the next few days weather? Or if you want to - just have an educated guess for me. I am arriving on Tuesday. In 12 weeks over there i have never seen anything more than a 15 minute downpour at any one time. I am hoping my luck holds out ;)

I know i can still do all the other things i want to do without the weather being amazing (other than scuba diving now) but its still nice to see that big yellowy orange 'blob' in the sky. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.