Puerto Plata: The police state!

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
You will recall that 23 police were released & 8 remained in custody on 3 months preventiva in relation to the death of 3 young men in broad daylight in the middle of Puerto Plata in early January. The colonel in that 8 has just been released 'Insufficient evidence'. More later when there is a newspaper article to link it to.

Vacara

I love AZB!
May 5, 2009
DominicanBilly you first posted this;

They took it from her but she didn't see if he got it. I guess we'll find out tomorrow if he got the meal. I read where they fired 25 police, it appears we are no better off than before. They are so inept is is comical. They can't tell the crooks from the workers and even when it is pointer out they refuse to concede they are wrong.

Then later you posted this:

We paid 1,000 pesos this morning (a bribe) to let him out or else he could stay until Monday and the judge would let him out without having to pay a peso. All they told Wanda was "he was a person we were investigating". Just "BS".

So let me ask you; do you still consider them inept?

I have a friend who was a colonel a few years back and he told me that "redadas" (rounding up people at ramdom) is a very useful tool for gathering money, literally they get tens of thousands of pesos for each "redada". This people are far from inept.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
DominicanBilly you first posted this;

Then later you posted this:

So let me ask you; do you still consider them inept?

I have a friend who was a colonel a few years back and he told me that "redadas" (rounding up people at ramdom) is a very useful tool for gathering money, literally they get tens of thousands of pesos for each "redada". This people are far from inept.
Non sequitor.

"Inept" in doing the job they are chartered to do and being "corrupt" are two entirely different issues.

Criminality and bureaucratic inefficiency may look the same, but they are not.

POPNYChic

Bronze
Jul 27, 2009
and thiiiiis is why i had posted that first thread about needing to watch out for police bribery. its certainly all too common...especially if they look at you and think you have money...

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Not the 20+ police case but one we have referred to many times on DR1 - the driveby killing on the main road back in 2006 of fish shop owner Aladino Acevedo and his architect Engel Sarita. Finally..........3 months remand in custody for an alleged perp. Who just happened to be the Inspector in the Robbery Dept. of Policia Nacional. The info appears to have come from an inmate doing 4 years in SFM jail for narcotrafficking.

Puerto Plata Digital

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
The way logic is here, why didn't they just put the plastic chairs in handcuffs and take them to jail? If the chairs didn't post bail they could be sold for a profit. Seems like the logical thing to do here.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
the driveby killing on the main road back in 2006 of fish shop owner Aladino Acevedo and his architect Engel Sarita. Finally..........3 months remand in custody for an alleged perp. Who just happened to be the Inspector in the Robbery Dept. of Policia Nacional. The info appears to have come from an inmate doing 4 years in SFM jail for narcotrafficking.

Puerto Plata Digital

Update: 4 years and 3 months after the double murder of Acevedo and Sarita, a local businessman has been arrested and remanded in custody for a year.

Apresan supuesto responsable muertes empresario Aladino Acevedo e Ing. Engels Sarita