Puerto Plata - Weather Report

fabiano

Sep 17, 2004
hi i will go in punta cana next 26th sept
i would like to know how is ti the situation about wether an damage in this area
thanks all that help me

markpenn

Sep 18, 2004
Playa Dorada

Hi,

We will be staying in the Hoteur Villas Doradas Beach Resort, will this be okay? we have asked the agent and they have said it was not hit, Is the hotel any good and what are the surroundings like. This is our first time to the DR.

Mark

karine

Sep 19, 2004
Good morning

planner said:
Well this is my first weather report! Silly me, I volunteered to help so will do my best.

Today - hot and sunny, not looking like it will rain tonight. Some breeze right now which helps cool things off just a bit......

The sun will set tonight and I'm pretty sure it will come up tomorrow!

Tomorrow - not sure yet, I'll let you know what I see when I open my eyes!
I am from Belgium. My daughter left september 18 for one week at Bahia Principe in Puerto Plata. Got a very short call from her saying they finally arrived - then line was cut. How is the situation ??? On belgian TV they report on heavy damages and problems for tourists????
A worried mum !!!

lathc

Sep 18, 2004
Thank you for your reply.

Angela Bella said:
FYI, I called my sister at the Coral Marien last night, phone lines were working. 809 320-1515.. Shouldn't be a problem to get through now.

What is your sister's take on what has happpened? Are all the cafes and eating places open and is everything working? More importantly, is she having a good time! Thanks!!!

lisalovlee33

Sep 19, 2004
Riu Resort in Puerto Plata still operational?

My husband and I will be flying into Puerto Plata on the 25th Sept. to the Riu resort (riu bachata, mambo or merengue). Does anyone know the status of the condition in any of these resorts? We have been saving for a long time for this trip and will be very dissapointed if they cancel us. We do not have travel insurance either. I've tried calling the Riu but doesn't seem to get through. Thanks.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
lisalovlee33 said:
My husband and I will be flying into Puerto Plata on the 25th Sept. to the Riu resort (riu bachata, mambo or merengue). Does anyone know the status of the condition in any of these resorts? We have been saving for a long time for this trip and will be very dissapointed if they cancel us. We do not have travel insurance either. I've tried calling the Riu but doesn't seem to get through. Thanks.

Do not think your trip will be cancelled. This area is basically one of cleanup of branches and repairs that can be completed rapidly. Puerto Plata is rapidly getting back to normal.

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
Puerto Plata

...........seems to be all up and running... we even have power today! From driving around, (yesterday we were in all areas from Playa Dorado to Santiago) except for damage to signs that have to be replaced, everyting seems normal now.

reevesm

Sep 19, 2004
Secrets Excellence

Dolores said:
Do not think your trip will be cancelled. This area is basically one of cleanup of branches and repairs that can be completed rapidly. Puerto Plata is rapidly getting back to normal.

Dolores,

Do you have any damage info on secrets excellence???

many thanks

BeachBound

Sep 13, 2004
We are going to the Riu resort on those dates also, leaving from Montreal! Any news would be appreciated

lisalovlee33 said:

lisalovlee33

Sep 19, 2004
Thanks.

BeachBound said:
We are going to the Riu resort on those dates also, leaving from Montreal! Any news would be appreciated

Sounds like it's back to normal. Thanks plenty for the information. Much appreciated.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Monday Sept 20, 8:40 am

Good morning, it is a stunning day here in Puerto Plata!!! If you are coming here on holiday soon, you will hardly know we had a storm here. Your holiday will go ahead as planned.

Today there is not a cloud in the sky, it is a definate high SPF on the beach day. There is almost no breeze at all. The forecast is for more of the same.

Isn't today or tomorrow the first day of fall??? Isn't it a great time to plan your holiday to the Dominican Republic!!!

Clean up here is well under way. There is still some visible damage but nothing that will interfere with your holiday plans. Come on down!

If you have any questions about individual resorts, feel free to email them......

lathc

Sep 18, 2004
What about the beaches around the Marien Coral by Hilton?

planner said:
Hi there, I am directly across from the Coral Marien hotel, dont' worry things are fine!!! There are trees down and branches everywhere but there is no structural damage!

Relax, you will enjoy your honeymoon.

As for Breezes, while I am about 30 minutes from there, I am told there is no substantial damage there either. If I find out different I will send you a PM....

Again thanks for the reply. What about the beaches around the Marien Coral by Hilton? Were they damaged? Thanks.

karine

Sep 19, 2004
planner said:
Good morning, it is a stunning day here in Puerto Plata!!! If you are coming here on holiday soon, you will hardly know we had a storm here. Your holiday will go ahead as planned.

Today there is not a cloud in the sky, it is a definate high SPF on the beach day. There is almost no breeze at all. The forecast is for more of the same.

Isn't today or tomorrow the first day of fall??? Isn't it a great time to plan your holiday to the Dominican Republic!!!

Clean up here is well under way. There is still some visible damage but nothing that will interfere with your holiday plans. Come on down!

If you have any questions about individual resorts, feel free to email them......

Hello,

How is the situation at Bahia Principe ? My daughter is staying there since september 18 for one week
Tks

lili

Sep 20, 2004
Honey Moon - 16th of october - casa marina beach

HI,

Could you give me information about casa marina beach ( sosua ).

Are there a lot of damage?

We have planned to go there in october, for our honey moon.

Tks

bronkrdr45

Sep 17, 2004
Cannot Find info IN RIU TAINO?

I emailed the resort (RIU TAINO) - have not heard back yet. Our travel rep had no clue that there were problems. Any info will be appreciated. We are scheduled to leave the 24th - Had a bad vacation early this summer with lots of rain and sickness....don't think I could do a repeat of that ...(was not at the DR.)

anggallie

Sep 16, 2004
Casa Marina Reef & Beach

Just wondering what the status of Casa Marina Reef and Beach is? Heading there in Nov/04

charlie b

Sep 20, 2004
Hi

I am off to the Casa Marina in October so I would love to know if it has been affected. Also Lilli we will see you there if you are honeymooning on the 16th . : ;) :

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Casa Marina Reef is in Puerto Plata. Puerto Plata was one of the areas to most quickly recover and should be back to normal.

ash_baz

Sep 17, 2004
Breezes Purto Plata

I was due to fly to Breezes Punta cana on the 30th Of this month but foun out the hotel is now not opening till the 3rd, as i enjoy staying at the Breezes resorts can anyone tell me the condition of the hotel in Puerto plata?

Thanx in anticipation.

Ash