Puerto Plata - Weather Report

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
ash_baz said:
I was due to fly to Breezes Punta cana on the 30th Of this month but foun out the hotel is now not opening till the 3rd, as i enjoy staying at the Breezes resorts can anyone tell me the condition of the hotel in Puerto plata?

Thanx in anticipation.

Ash

Breezes Puerto Plata is operating normally - less some trees.

Gregg

P.S. - Gold, Gold, Gold.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Tuesday Sept 21, 9:30 am

Good morning everyone, another beautiful day in paradise.

Yesterday afternoon we had thunder storms role in! IF you like thunder storms it was good....

TOday we have scattered clouds and lots of sun. That makes sun bathing more enjoyable!

We may once again get a thunder storm later on this afternoon. It is hot and slightly humid with the probability of the humidity building thru the day!

Have a great day wherever you are.

Kai

Sep 21, 2004
bahia principe at san juan

planner said:
Good morning, it is a stunning day here in Puerto Plata!!! If you are coming here on holiday soon, you will hardly know we had a storm here. Your holiday will go ahead as planned.

Today there is not a cloud in the sky, it is a definate high SPF on the beach day. There is almost no breeze at all. The forecast is for more of the same.

Isn't today or tomorrow the first day of fall??? Isn't it a great time to plan your holiday to the Dominican Republic!!!

Clean up here is well under way. There is still some visible damage but nothing that will interfere with your holiday plans. Come on down!

If you have any questions about individual resorts, feel free to email them......
Hello,

I'm booked to go on Saturday, September 25 to Puerto Plata (Bahia Principe San Juan). How's the situation over there?

Please advise.

Thanks!

Maricar
Toronto, ON

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Bahia Principe

Hi there, I just spoke with personnel at the Bahia Principe and everything is operational. There are some palm trees down and branches but that is all. COme on down and enjoy your holiday!

Kai

Sep 21, 2004
planner said:
Hi there, I just spoke with personnel at the Bahia Principe and everything is operational. There are some palm trees down and branches but that is all. COme on down and enjoy your holiday!
Thanks so much! This is great hopefully Tropical Storm Lisa dies down!

-Kai

bobbie4572

Sep 16, 2004
bronkrdr45 said:
I emailed the resort (RIU TAINO) - have not heard back yet. Our travel rep had no clue that there were problems. Any info will be appreciated. We are scheduled to leave the 24th - Had a bad vacation early this summer with lots of rain and sickness....don't think I could do a repeat of that ...(was not at the DR.)

Check out the thread called punta cana. It has some information about the Riu resorts. I am headed there Oct 2 and that thread has the most information.

Good luck.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Update Tuesday Sept 21, 4:15 pm

Well the weather here has certainly changed. We now have some rather nasty black clouds over us. We have thunder and lightening but no rain yet. I expect that will follow soon.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Wednesday Sept 22 9:40 am

Good morning again, I"m a little late today, too much fun last night.....

Today has started out nice and sunny, hot but with some clouds around. I expect later today the humidity will build and we could get a shower or two.

Yesterday late afternoon we had a fabulous thunderstorm, that is if you like thunderstorms.... I do. It didn't last long at all.

If you are coming down anytime soon - pack your mosquito repellant! Make sure it has a high DEET content or it is useless, over 22% please. With the rains we have had lately we are in the company of those pesky little bugs....... I personally don't like them. Remember if you are coming down to Puerto Plata pack an extra one for me!!!

But, that is the only problem here: a little rain, a few mosquitos, LOTS of sunshine, great beaches, geat music and incredible people......

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Thursday Sept 23, 8:00 am

What a beautiful day in paradise!!! At this time of the morning there isn't a cloud in the sky. It is stunning. I hope it stays like this all day.

It is currently barely hot but it will get hot by about 10 and then hotter still..... Great sunbloc day.

There is absolutely no winds, again that will most likely change later in the day as is the pattern.

If you are coming down soon - pack the bathing suits and sunscreen!!!

Manon

Sep 22, 2004
planner said:
What a beautiful day in paradise!!! At this time of the morning there isn't a cloud in the sky. It is stunning. I hope it stays like this all day.

It is currently barely hot but it will get hot by about 10 and then hotter still..... Great sunbloc day.

There is absolutely no winds, again that will most likely change later in the day as is the pattern.

If you are coming down soon - pack the bathing suits and sunscreen!!!
Hi, I'm glad to see that it is very nice there in Puerta Plata. My husband and I are going to Puerta Plata, Fun Royale it will be our second time this year and we were wondering what they are calling for weather wise. We are arriving on Oct.2. Hope to hear from you soon. We have checked for weather on the Weather Network but it only shows so far and also if you have any info on any more Huricanes can you please inform me thanks so much
We think this site is very good and were happy to see that you respond to replies.
Thanks Manon
Toronto, Ontario

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Friday Sept. 24, 11am

Good morning soon to be afternoon. Today is a holiday here in the Dominican Republic. I think all so called civilized countries should follow the example set here. Multiple holidays so we can party the night before and not work the next day.....

Which of course explains why my post is later then normal.....

Right, the weather, beautiful blue skies, light breeze, hot, hot, hot.

Great day for the beach. But, expect the possibility of clouds building later in the day and a possible shower.....

Shortly, I am off to the beach myself....

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Weather predictions

Manon said:
Hi, I'm glad to see that it is very nice there in Puerta Plata. My husband and I are going to Puerta Plata, Fun Royale it will be our second time this year and we were wondering what they are calling for weather wise. We are arriving on Oct.2. Hope to hear from you soon. We have checked for weather on the Weather Network but it only shows so far and also if you have any info on any more Huricanes can you please inform me thanks so much
We think this site is very good and were happy to see that you respond to replies.
Thanks Manon
Toronto, Ontario

Hello there in Toronto! I understand you have actually received summer now!!! NO wonder you are coming down here...

Weather predicting isn't something I am very good at. I can only tell you my experience while living here and previous to that as a tourist. I came here several times in October. First, it is still hurricane season and we never know what might happen. Keep watching the forums for information. Second, our track record is such that we don't often actually get hurricanes. IF they are in the area they generally go around us, we get wind and rain but usually not significant damage.

What you can expect is afternoon rain storms. They are usually fairly short in duration but sometimes very heavy rain. Expect lots of sun and beach time. Bring an umbrella, insect repellant (the good stuff) and sun screen. You will probably use them all. When it is rainy I personally like a baseball cap instead of an umbrella! Hair goes in a poney tail and on goes the cap... no problemas......Have footwear that is okay to get wet. Cutesy leather sandals get ruined in the wet!

Let me know if you have other questions. Have you stayed at Fun Royale before.....???

Manon

Sep 22, 2004
planner said:
Hello there in Toronto! I understand you have actually received summer now!!! NO wonder you are coming down here...

Weather predicting isn't something I am very good at. I can only tell you my experience while living here and previous to that as a tourist. I came here several times in October. First, it is still hurricane season and we never know what might happen. Keep watching the forums for information. Second, our track record is such that we don't often actually get hurricanes. IF they are in the area they generally go around us, we get wind and rain but usually not significant damage.

What you can expect is afternoon rain storms. They are usually fairly short in duration but sometimes very heavy rain. Expect lots of sun and beach time. Bring an umbrella, insect repellant (the good stuff) and sun screen. You will probably use them all. When it is rainy I personally like a baseball cap instead of an umbrella! Hair goes in a poney tail and on goes the cap... no problemas......Have footwear that is okay to get wet. Cutesy leather sandals get ruined in the wet!

Let me know if you have other questions. Have you stayed at Fun Royale before.....???
Thanks so much for the reply!!!! Yes we have stayed in Fun Royale before just this last april, we enjoyed it very much I have also stayed at the allegro playa Dorada by Occidental and enjoyed that very much . But never went when there was so much on Huricanes!!!!! Have you lived there long?

Well I guess it is not so bad if you at least get some sun and the rain does not last all day and night! Do you find it's busy in Puerta Plata lately since many people had their vacations in Punta Cana cancelled? The travel Agent was saying that they are booking fast for Puerta Plata due to that reason?
Well Thanks again for the reply, I find this site very helpful, Hope to hear from you again! Have a great Day!!!!!
Manon

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Saturday Sept 24, 8 am

NOw, it is getting boring, same old thing, sun, heat, barely a breeze, maybe a few clouds later in the day, maybe a quick shower or thundershower......

It is another stunning day and all kidding aside this can continue right through the rest of the year!!!!

Already this morning it is hot and it will get hotter. Great day for the beach, great day to be getting off a plane from wherever it is you come from......

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Monday Sept 27 10 am

This morning has started out as another beautiful day. It is nice and hot with a light breeze. We have the possibility of showers this afternoon.

The weekend was fabulous! I spent Sunday afternoon on the beach at Sosua. It was very hot out, the water was very clean and refreshing, the beer was very cold! What more could you ask for? Oh right, the scenery was rather nice too.... and I'm not talking about the land and ocean....

Have a great day.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
planner said:
This morning has started out as another beautiful day. It is nice and hot with a light breeze. We have the possibility of showers this afternoon.

The weekend was fabulous! I spent Sunday afternoon on the beach at Sosua. It was very hot out, the water was very clean and refreshing, the beer was very cold! What more could you ask for? Oh right, the scenery was rather nice too.... and I'm not talking about the land and ocean....

Have a great day.

Thanks Planner - now let's hope that the storm season is over and that our weather remains just as you've described here. ;)

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Tuesday Sept 28, 11 am

Well today my damn job is interfering with what I like to do...... sorry for being later then I like. Here is the report for today

Sky = blue
Tempertature = hot and getting hotter
Wind = light breeze
Clouds = afternoon clouds are starting to roll in

Possibility of late afternoon storms.......

Everyone have a great day!

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Wednesday Sept 29, 8 am

Good morning wherever you are.....

What I said yesterday - ditto!!! Just no breeze as of yet....

WE did get a short storm late in the day yesterday, just enough to keep the dust down.....

Have a great day.

johnsr

Bronze
Apr 13, 2002
planner said:
Good morning wherever you are.....

What I said yesterday - ditto!!! Just no breeze as of yet....

WE did get a short storm late in the day yesterday, just enough to keep the dust down.....

Have a great day.

Thanks Planner!!!!!!
I have a wedding coming up Tuesday in POP, please keep the good reports rollin in!! I will be there Sat. and hoping for a great day on Tues!
John