Punta Cana-Bavaro Weather Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
And the news is even better... The National Hurricane Center of Miami that monitors weather in the Atlantic Basin says today -- 3 June, Thursday, there is no chance of tropical storm formation in the Caribbean through Friday. Confirms this is most likely to be a sunny weekend.

Check back here for updates.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Eyewitness weather report for Punta Cana this morning:

"Partly cloudy, doesn't look like it will rain today."

Maribeth45

May 26, 2004
Punta Cana

I am leaving for Paradisus on June 13th. How is the weather? :disappoin I was on a website that didn't look to favorable.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
We will know for sure in 3 days

Maribeth45 said:
I am leaving for Paradisus on June 13th. How is the weather? :disappoin I was on a website that didn't look to favorable.

Predicting the future is a tough thing to do. There are 1-10 day forecasts on Weather.com and they're maybe 70% reliable. If it rains , it rains, and usually ends in an hour or so.

eciti

Jun 1, 2004
i just got back from dr - stayed at the paradisus ...weather was perfect ..weather predictions on weatherchannel.com etc were all wrong. Dolores was 100% correct (thank you )!!! . It was warm and beautiful every day ,,rained late last night but was clear by the am- enjoy your trip ...i did ...

babygirl722

Jun 14, 2004
Punta Cana Weather in November

We are planning a trip to beautiful Punta Cana this November (8th-18th) and wanted to check to see if this is rainy season.

I have read various posts and articles, etc. and have gotten conflicting information.

I have been to the DR many times (but not to Punta Cana) and know the kind of rain that takes place..delightful and refreshing rain that passes pretty quickly. I was hoping that this was what we can expect in Puna Cana in November!

Thanks for your help!

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
You have it down pat regarding weather in the DR and the Caribbean. What you describe is most likely what you will find in November. Actually November is a great time to travel, because you avoid the two hot months of the year, which are the summer months, when temperatures can go up to 33-34C. But again, the DR, and Punta Cana is blessed by winds blowing from the sea that don't let it get as hot, even in summer, as Rome or New York, for example.

As weather has changed, it is more volatile and it is hard to tell when the rainy season of the year is anymore. Reality is that any time of the year, you could run into a raining spat of three-four days of straight rain, but that is the exception, not the norm, usually caused by a tropical wave or tropical storm in the area. And these are even rarer in areas like Punta Cana, Juan Dolio or Barahona in the southwest. So, your chances for good weather are very good.

Here at DR we empower you with all sorts of links to follow the weather. See the Current Weather links at http://dr1.com/weather/hurricanes.shtml#3 to follow the satellite picture as the time of your arrival gets closer. You can also check in with this section, as your arrival date comes closer. We frequently post updates that are eyewitness reports, from people that are actually there.

And once in Punta Cana, please post the weather from there for readers to get a better grasp of weather in the area.

hinderera

Jun 15, 2004
Weather

I am from Minnesota, and will be traveling to La Flamenco Royal in Punta Cana on June 27th-July 5th. I have heard some rumors that there has been floods and heavy rains within the last month...is there anything to be concerned about?? Did they affect any of the resorts or beaches?? I hope not, I cannot wait to come down!! Thanks in advance for any information.

Last edited:

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Please reread this thread and others regarding weather updates for the different tourist destinations listed as stickies.

Basically, to answer your question... the floods occurred primarily in the Haiti border area and were the result of an six months of rain falling in a 48-hour period. Note that at the same time as these floods occurred, there were extraordinary rain storms in Indiana and Texas, causing major floods there, too. So this is a phenomenom of abnormal weather that probably is the result of the global warming, etc.

This area where the floods occurred is very far from any tourist area. With the exception of Jarabacoa and Constanza (in the mountains), tourist areas in the DR are on the coasts, and not on rivers, so floods that come with heavy rain storms do not affect tourist destinations. Thus there is nothing to be concerned about right now.

It is like deciding not to travel to New York in December because there could be a blizzard!

In the tropics there always can be tropical waves (which may bring two or three days of straight rains) or tropical storms, but you can check for these ahead of time to know what to expect. Here at DR1 we empower you to check the weather as your travel time comes closer. You can check back with this thread to see how the weather in the area has been, or you can also check the weather links provided in our weather pages. These give you an overview of normal weather in the Caribbean (and the DR) and give you links that you can follow to see if there is anything out of the ordinary.

See http://www.dr1.com/travel/expect/weather.shtml
http://www.dr1.com/weather/hurricanes.shtml

lrp

Jun 16, 2004
weather check

travelling to punta cana tomorrow...do you have insight into the weather for last few days and days to come dolores? thank youuuu

hinderera

Jun 15, 2004
Floods

Thanks for the information. I was reading some of the other postings and did not realize that some people lost their homes and even their lives. My thoughts and blessings are with them. Is their anyway that we can help with relief?? It will be my honeymoon, and I look forward to visiting.

Thanks
Aaron

backinthedr

Apr 10, 2004
raining

lrp said:
travelling to punta cana tomorrow...do you have insight into the weather for last few days and days to come dolores? thank youuuu

Today was gorgeous...humidity and all!!.....raining cats and dogs right now, but dont expect it to last...you should have brilliant weather! Good Luck!

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Eyewitness report from the SuperClubs Breezes in Punta Cana (Macao) is that the weather is "sunny". We were told it rained early this morning, but after that the skies cleared and the sun has been shining and bright. No expectations for rain today.

See http://www.dr1.com/directories/hotels/breezes_punta_cana.shtml

All is clear over this area, but we have to watch it for Saturday and Sunday to see how a tropical wave coming into Puerto Rico today through Friday handles itself.
See http://vortex.plymouth.edu/atl_sat.gif

The forecast is for short term scattered shower in the worst of scenarios, though.

Last edited:

Candace

Jun 20, 2004
punta cana

How's the weather in Punta Cana? Anyone ever been to Playa de Bavaro? Heading there late June would love some feedback. Thanks!

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
We called the Paradisus in Punta Cana and were told that it has not been raining in Punta Cana. It is sunny but cloudy today, but we were told it doesn't look like it will rain today. There is nothing major in the weather forecast for the region so there should be good weather for the next few days.

BeachBabe0182

Jun 24, 2004
Punta Cana's weather in the end of Septmeber

Hey! I was wondering if anyone has ever been to Punta Cana in or around the end of Septmeber and could tell me how the weather is... I just recently got back from there (5/11 - 5/18), I spoke to a travel agen and they said that it is just like it is now.. in Septmeber. Is this true.. Any information would be great!!! Thanks so much!!! :classic:

Status
Not open for further replies.