Punta Perla

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
I heard recently that they are having a huge problem securing the land where the marina is supposed to be and are trying to "move" it to another area within the project...obviously no easy task...have you heard anything about this?

jzkbbi

Mar 1, 2007
I heard recently that they are having a huge problem securing the land where the marina is supposed to be and are trying to "move" it to another area within the project...obviously no easy task...have you heard anything about this?

I heard that they have title to all the land. They are trying to expand the marina to sell more marina units, as they have all sold out.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
I have a question, what has actually been built so far at Perla Marina? In terms of infrastructure (electricity, sewerage, water, telephone, roads, etc), buildings by the developer, and buildings by people who have purchased land?

2parrotheads

Mar 18, 2005
I have a question, what has actually been built so far at Perla Marina? In terms of infrastructure (electricity, sewerage, water, telephone, roads, etc), buildings by the developer, and buildings by people who have purchased land?

If indeed you mean Perla Marina (the gated community between Sosua and Cabarete), then all of the items mentioned are available and in use. If, however, you mean the Marina at Punta Perla, then I'm afraid I have no information on that.

Last edited:

TCR1960

Feb 19, 2007

Wait until you see the world class dolphin park facility what they are going to build, all certified international dolphins!!!

pipin

Mar 29, 2007
I invested in this project nearly 2 years ago and to be honest, I`ve had just about enough of the excuses as to why NO WORK has yet started despite the developer taking millions of dollars of investors money. Apparently, the latest bull is the construction company haven`t got permission to bring in the heavy plant needed to BEGIN construction after nearly 2 years of this development being sold, or something to this effect. I would really have expected the developers to have had this knowledge and dealt with this a very long time ago. I get the impression it`s like the golden gate bridge being built by librarians. There were meant to be 24 palapas built nearly a year ago to serve as show homes. NOT DONE !! How much heavy plant would need to be bought into the country to build these small single story dwellings ? In my opinion, the lack of work demonstrates the lack of planning that in return shows a distinct lack of ability to deliver and that is extremely un-professional when left in charge of over a 150 million dollars of investors money. There is never any word to the investors or updates, be them good or bad. I would think very hard before committing to this one, unless you can wait a very long time for any sort of return on your investment.

jzkbbi

Mar 1, 2007
I invested in this project nearly 2 years ago and to be honest, I`ve had just about enough of the excuses as to why NO WORK has yet started despite the developer taking millions of dollars of investors money. Apparently, the latest bull is the construction company haven`t got permission to bring in the heavy plant needed to BEGIN construction after nearly 2 years of this development being sold, or something to this effect. I would really have expected the developers to have had this knowledge and dealt with this a very long time ago. I get the impression it`s like the golden gate bridge being built by librarians. There were meant to be 24 palapas built nearly a year ago to serve as show homes. NOT DONE !! How much heavy plant would need to be bought into the country to build these small single story dwellings ? In my opinion, the lack of work demonstrates the lack of planning that in return shows a distinct lack of ability to deliver and that is extremely un-professional when left in charge of over a 150 million dollars of investors money. There is never any word to the investors or updates, be them good or bad. I would think very hard before committing to this one, unless you can wait a very long time for any sort of return on your investment.

What kind of unit did you buy?

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I hear they have title issues etc etc. Personally I wouldn't invest their unless it was done with title insurance or very strong payment terms managed by a 3rd party like Stewart Title.

reidepot

Jul 31, 2007
According to my information developer has all deeds to Punta Perla lots and no mortgage.

Alex

reidepot

Jul 31, 2007
Two weeks ago I visited Cap Cana and I was told by the sales agent that they started to dig marina in 2001. They still digging it. Nothing is moving very fast in DR.

Alex

aegap

Silver
Mar 19, 2005
Two weeks ago I visited Cap Cana and I was told by the sales agent that they started to dig marina in 2001. They still digging it. Nothing is moving very fast in DR.

Alex

Who are the actual people really behind Punta Perla? ..what's their business history like?

aegap

Silver
Mar 19, 2005
Also who's building the Marina? What's their business history? When do they start digging?

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003

Alex
Hm, that's funny.

The Cap Cana marina is already done as far as the digging is concerned. The sorrounding "village" is under construction, although a good chunk is finished already. In fact, there are a few yachts already docked there.

When and who told you that they are still digging at Cap Cana?

They are practically done with the digging.

They also have quite a number of villas already built. :ermm:

-NALs

aegap

Silver
Mar 19, 2005
Cap Cana has a lot to dig before it's complete, ..

2-Cap-Cana-Master-Plan.jpg

.. but ...

19-Flying-over-the-Caribbea.jpg

19-Marina-Arial-View-Feb-02.jpg

7-Cap-Cana-Marina-%28Bridge-A.jpg

1394707536_7c760c628d.jpg

8-Cap-Cana-Marina-%28Bridge-B.jpg

1-Mitre-Restaurant-and-Loun.jpg

7-Italian-Restaurant-Cap-Ca.jpg

1393822149_2caef4ac4b.jpg

505469286_45f3eff4e0.jpg

..HERE

reidepot

Jul 31, 2007
On this picture you can see that they are still digging some parts of the Marina.
P9180024.JPG

I also have helicopter videos of CapCana and Punta Perla.

Alex

Enough of the Punta Perla spam!
If you want to advertise the project or your website, then contact us via the advertising link at the top of this page. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: