Queen of Spain Arrives in Santo Domingo

Status
Not open for further replies.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Her Highness was accompanied by the First Lady to show her the CAID (Center of Integral Attention to Handicapped Children.)

[video=youtube;NXTlb-J4jKU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXTlb-J4jKU[/video]

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Colony of the United States at best.

The Thermoquad Cowboy
Not a single U.S. president or first lady has visited the DR while in office, not one! That's how valuable the DR is to the USA. They visit Cuba, Colombia, Peru, Mexico, Trinidad and Tobago... not the DR!

Washington DC is so close to the DR that any US president could had the decency of showing the Dominicans that despite being a small and poor Caribbean country, we are still worth a certain level of importance. This could be done on a one day trip, arrive early in the morning and leave in the evening. They don't even have to spend the night. But no, the DR knows where it stands with Uncle Sam. Former first lady Michelle Obama visited Haiti, though. Oh yes, Dominican independence celebration in the White House was eliminated for quite a time during Obama's years, but I'm not sure it was re-instituted. They never eliminated the celebration of Haiti's independence at the White House.

The last vice president did visited the DR for less than a day and that was to pressure the DR with the Haitian regularization problem.

Then there was former US ambassador Wally, who pressured the JCE to accepting Haitians nationals as Dominicans and cancelled the visa of Roberto Rosario, who was the head of the JCE at that time, for refusing to follow Wally's orders. Even Roberto said that Wally got confused thinking he was ruling a colony.

Yet Spain has a completely different consideration towards the DR. It's like night and day from the diplomatic aspect of things. In fact, when the DR was being internationally attacked due to the regularization plan, the very first foreign diplomat to publicly express solidarity with the Dominicans was the then Spanish ambassador. He said it clearly that he and Spain completely side with the DR and that the DR is a sovereign country and has the right to decide its own migration policies. What a difference!

Add to that other aspects, such as much of Dominican culture derives from the Spanish one, particularly those form Anadalucia and the Canaries; much of the population has Spanish ancestry mixed in, the language, the religious customs, much of the food is variations of originally Spanish plates, and a very long etc.

It's quite easy to feel an appreciation for Spain.

Sep 4, 2012
Not a single U.S. president or first lady has visited the DR while in office, not one! That's how valuable the DR is to the USA. They visit Cuba, Colombia, Peru, Mexico, Trinidad and Tobago... not the DR!

Washington DC is so close to the DR that any US president could had the decency of showing the Dominicans that despite being a small and poor Caribbean country, we are still worth a certain level of importance. This could be done on a one day trip, arrive early in the morning and leave in the evening. They don't even have to spend the night. But no, the DR knows where it stands with Uncle Sam. Former first lady Michelle Obama visited Haiti, though. Oh yes, Dominican independence celebration in the White House was eliminated for quite a time during Obama's years, but I'm not sure it was re-instituted. They never eliminated the celebration of Haiti's independence at the White House.

The last vice president did visited the DR for less than a day and that was to pressure the DR with the Haitian regularization problem.

Then there was former US ambassador Wally, who pressured the JCE to accepting Haitians nationals as Dominicans and cancelled the visa of Roberto Rosario, who was the head of the JCE at that time, for refusing to follow Wally's orders. Even Roberto said that Wally got confused thinking he was ruling a colony.

Yet Spain has a completely different consideration towards the DR. It's like night and day from the diplomatic aspect of things. In fact, when the DR was being internationally attacked due to the regularization plan, the very first foreign diplomat to publicly express solidarity with the Dominicans was the then Spanish ambassador. He said it clearly that he and Spain completely side with the DR and that the DR is a sovereign country and has the right to decide its own migration policies. What a difference!

Add to that other aspects, such as much of Dominican culture derives from the Spanish one, particularly those form Anadalucia and the Canaries; much of the population has Spanish ancestry mixed in, the language, the religious customs, much of the food is variations of originally Spanish plates, and a very long etc.

It's quite easy to feel an appreciation for Spain.

Garbage w/o any merits, any of it.

How much have Spain assisted the DR with as far as monies, military aid and training, food, hospital and dental programs -- how many Aircraft carrier has Spain ever sent to the DR to provide free medical consults and treatments to the populace?

How much infrastructure has it been build in the DR with monies provided by Spain, name them and where?

Do you even know everything that is accomplished through USAID alone for the DR?

How many Spaniards churches and organizations do continuous volunteer work for Dominicans for free through the year?

Keep feeling the appreciation for Spain, its so clear why you do, you highness.

Tarheel

Dec 19, 2005
I'm not surprised by that. If you notice in the video when she arrives at the National Palace, no one followed the proper protocol for saluting a queen. The queen herself seem to have taken it all in stride. I guess she said to herself "when in Rome..."

Anyway, she's a very beautiful and elegant woman. I'm sure any of the guys that knew about the proper way to greet a queen simply forgot upon seeing her for the first time. It happens. :cheeky:

Lets see what happens when she crosses the border and meet the Haitian politicians. The DR could be embarrassed if the Haitian politicians show a greater cultural level, assuming politicians have at least a little bit of vergüenza. That's a very big and hopeful assumption, I know.

What's up Queenie should work just fine.

jenmar237

Aug 8, 2017
Garbage w/o any merits, any of it.

How much have Spain assisted the DR with as far as monies, military aid and training, food, hospital and dental programs -- how many Aircraft carrier has Spain ever sent to the DR to provide free medical consults and treatments to the populace?

How much infrastructure has it been build in the DR with monies provided by Spain, name them and where?

Do you even know everything that is accomplished through USAID alone for the DR?

How many Spaniards churches and organizations do continuous volunteer work for Dominicans for free through the year?

Keep feeling the appreciation for Spain, its so clear why you do, you highness.

I think it's garbage to contradict something w/o providing any valid counter-arguments.

Dominican heritage, culture and customs are mostly derived from the Spanish....that's an indisputable fact.

Spain has always provided humanitarian and financing for much infrastructure in the DR such as the Metro in SD; Spain has been instrumental in assisting with the development of the tourism industry both in terms of Spanish tourists and Spanish-owned hotels and resorts.

At the moment, I cannot speak regarding military training, but I do know that when the DR sent miliatry personnel to Iraq in solidarity with the ungrateful U.S., the Dominican military personnel was stationed with the Spanish military...I am welcome to be corrected on this and any of the other mentioned points if I am incorrect.

I just find it funny how triggered so many people get the moment any Dominican wants to or prefers to highlight our very close ties to Spain....get over it, without Spain, there would be no DR as it exists today and our cultural and historical ties are unalienable.

porkman100

Gold
Apr 11, 2010
I think it's garbage to contradict something w/o providing any valid counter-arguments.

Dominican heritage, culture and customs are mostly derived from the Spanish....that's an indisputable fact.

Spain has always provided humanitarian and financing for much infrastructure in the DR such as the Metro in SD; Spain has been instrumental in assisting with the development of the tourism industry both in terms of Spanish tourists and Spanish-owned hotels and resorts.

At the moment, I cannot speak regarding military training, but I do know that when the DR sent miliatry personnel to Iraq in solidarity with the ungrateful U.S., the Dominican military personnel was stationed with the Spanish military...I am welcome to be corrected on this and any of the other mentioned points if I am incorrect.

I just find it funny how triggered so many people get the moment any Dominican wants to or prefers to highlight our very close ties to Spain....get over it, without Spain, there would be no DR as it exists today and our cultural and historical ties are unalienable.

There has been an effort to wipe clean the spanish contributions,,around the world.
For example..most people in the U.S. dont know who was the first european that walked the continental U.S.
American history makes a clown out of him..looking for the fountain of youth.
He also founded the first city in continental U.S.that exist today..and the first christian church.
The historical buildings in Santo Domingo clearly shows who built this City

KyleMackey

Bronze
Apr 20, 2015
I am sure that both Spain and USA have excellent relations with the DR (Wally crap not included). USA is by far the largest trading partner with DR, Imports and Exports. Probably the best deal for Domincans is all of the guys who have played MLB and made a lot of money.

KyleMackey

Bronze
Apr 20, 2015
There has been an effort to wipe clean the spanish contributions,,around the world.
For example..most people in the U.S. dont know who was the first european that walked the continental U.S.
American history makes a clown out of him..looking for the fountain of youth.
He also founded the first city in continental U.S.that exist today..and the first christian church.

Ponce de Leon? I never heard anyone clown him here. To the leftists here now CC is the devil. First in the continental USA might have been the Vikings.

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
ok everyone

back to topic and let's keep it civil

remember this is your community (forum) and I am here to make sure nothing gets out of hand.

thanks for cooperating.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Yesterday Her Highnes also visited the Centro Cultural Español in Santo Domingo's Colonial Zone and met many of the Dominican collaborators and beneficiaries of Spanish humanitarian and cultural help.

[video=youtube;hHKgzoPOkCY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHKgzoPOkCY[/video]

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
American
history makes a clown out of him..looking for the fountain of youth.

He may have been beaten to it by St. Brendan or Leif Erikson.

Sep 4, 2012
ok everyone

back to topic and let's keep it civil

remember this is your community (forum) and I am here to make sure nothing gets out of hand.

thanks for cooperating.

Out of respect, will do -- your highness....lol

ps: I had to, too funny. Out of this one for sure though.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Today Her Highness visited the humble Dominican woman that started her banana production thanks to Spanish help. She said that she's very happy because she invited the queen, but never in her life thought it was going to become a reality. The Minister of Agriculture also mentioned the importance Spanish help has been in developing the Dominican agricultural sector, particular the segment of small agriculturalists of poor origins.

Her Highness also visited the Centro Cultural Perelló in Baní and tonight will be heading to Haiti.

According to the report, the great number of Dominicans wanting to see the queen created some chaos that activated the security personnel and prevented the journalists to do the entirety of their work as planned. At roughly 1:00 the large crowd of Dominican spectators that went to see the Spanish queen is clearly visible.

[video=youtube;gHCYicZl4p8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHCYicZl4p8[/video]

If Her Highness visit to Haiti is given coverage in Spanish or English, I will also be updating that information in this thread.

Last edited:

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
QUEEN OF SPAIN IN HAITI

Her Highness arrival at Toussaint Louverture International Airport in Port-au-Prince, Haiti. I have no idea who those women are that greeted her. If anyone know, feel free to chip in.

Haiti1.jpg

Haiti2.jpg

Haiti3.jpg

Haiti4.jpg

Images were originally posted in the Spanish Royal Family Twitter account: https://twitter.com/CasaReal/status/999029974978973696

By the way, the first French head of state to ever visit Haiti while in office was Sarkozy in 2010. Had it not been for the earthquake, not a single French head of state would had visited Haiti ever. I think no one else has visited ever since. I remember back in 2010 seeing in the news that Sarkozy promised that the French government would rebuilt Haiti's National Palace. In the end, the Haitian government had to do it itself. I think its still under construction, not sure.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
I found out that the lady in the black and white dress is Haiti’s first lady Mdma. Martine Moïse. Prior to Her Highness arriving to Haiti the first lady basically asked her to help change the international image of Haiti. She’s basically asking Spain to take the role that actually should be done by France. lol

Her words:

”Very honorable Queen Letizia,

A few days before your visit to our beautiful country, I want to express from the bottom of my heart on behalf of the Haitian people, my great joy to welcome you to our home. It will be an honor to receive you, however brief your passage may be.

Queen Letizia, as First Lady of the Republic of Haiti, I take the liberty to ask you in advance a huge favor, help us to change the image of our country abroad, together let us show all countries of the planet, that Haiti is filled with people who are proud of their origin, of their history, their culture.

Haiti, the first independent black republic, is a land of freedom, it is here that human rights and individual liberties were born.

Haiti can no longer be a humanitarian destination. We are a people of faith, pride, love, hope and resilience unlike any other.

Haiti the land of opportunity, hospitality, the magical land already wishes you welcome."

http://www.haitilibre.com/en/news-2...ks-a-favor-to-the-queen-of-spain-letizia.html

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
The Haitian media in general isn’t giving as much attention to Her Highness visit compared to the Dominican media. So far her arrival is what’s covered, not even what hotel she’s staying.

[video=youtube;YE_vqdsYik4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YE_vqdsYik4[/video]

Last edited:

Tarheel

Dec 19, 2005
The goal of Haiti’s first lady:

Martine Moïse proposes to present Haiti to her Highness Letizia, as a land of charms, opportunities and will take advantage of the passage of his royal guest to promote the image of our country.

http://www.haitilibre.com/en/news-2...visit-of-queen-letizia-of-spain-in-haiti.html

Where do you live NALS? From CCC's posts I know you don't live in the DR. What do you do for a living that allows you to spend so much time on social media? If you live in the US I will be forwarding some of your insults about our country to the proper authorities.

jeb321

Bronze
Dec 12, 2008
This is the humble Dominican woman Queen Letizia included in her itinerary since the time she met her in Madrid and heard her experience as a humble businesswoman in Azua. Notice that the Dominican woman is not required to go to Santo Domingo to meet with Queen Letizia, but rather Queen Letizia will be going to her humble home in Azua.

[video=youtube;BH-Lmz3U6P0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BH-Lmz3U6P0[/video]

Her Highness will also visit Haiti and meet with the Haitian Prime Minister.

What a difference makes Spain.

Everytime the royal family of Spain visits the DR, I always ask: How long ago did a member of the highest political spheres of France visit Haiti? Exactly. These small gestures (or lack of when it comes to Haiti and France) speaks volumes!

As the years go by, my dislikeness for the French government simply grows and grows.

Her Highness will also visit the various projects in the DR and Haiti that the Cooperación Española (Spanish Cooperation) is doing in various parts of the island to benefit poor people.

Sorry but I completely disagree with your thinking.
I think you need to rethink your "dislikeness" for the French government  and perhaps direct your thinking in the right direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.