Refugees in Sosua

Status
Not open for further replies.

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
So go ahead and say it Pedro, we are all picking on the Haitians because they are black and we are all bigots..We have all heard this from you before.

Could you remind me in which post I wrote that?
And do not insult me without expecting a response.

My two main points are this;

1. It is not humane to round up people and deport them.
  2. It is not practical to round up people and deport them.

Would you like me to explain why?

bluebayou

Jan 26, 2010
Topic of discussion....HAITIANS in SOSUA!!!!!!

In my book, if you have a choice and decide to break the rules you are more culpable than if you have no choice - I do not see your logic here. This reminds me, I must get my tourist card updated. Maybe a quick jaunt to Cuba or Puerto Rico for some R&R would be better....hmmm....

Then why the comment about being Haitian - please explain.
Because HAITIANS are the topic of discussion here, not Dominicans, Americans or expats from where ever........and like I said before I am not predigest, I am calling things as I see them...and as they really are!
Go back 2 posts....seems there are others that are on the same page, why aren't you?????
Ya, Cuba or PR, both good choices for R&R....personally I like Vieques. No drama or bulls***

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
Because HAITIANS are the topic of discussion here, not Dominicans, Americans or expats from where ever........and like I said before I am not predigest, I am calling things as I see them...and as they really are!
Go back 2 posts....seems there are others that are on the same page, why aren't you?????
Ya, Cuba or PR, both good choices for R&R....personally I like Vieques. No drama or bulls***

So again, why must I be Haitian?
I do not understand what you meant.

And yes, actually, the discussion is entirely about tourists, expats and Haitians.

bluebayou

Jan 26, 2010
Just don't get it....

Could you remind me in which post I wrote that?
And do not insult me without expecting a response.

My two main points are this;

1. It is not humane to round up people and deport them.
  2. It is not practical to round up people and deport them.

Would you like me to explain why?
Yes, and it would be nice to know what country you reside from.....do they let anybody in that wants to stay with no papers??? hummm could be the NEW PARIDISE....

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Fact is any tourist town in the DR where Haitian refugees choose to populate in large numbers will die an economic death.

If it is true that Sosua is becoming populated by laggre numbers of poor Haitian refugees, I feel sorry for people who invested their hard-earned money in property and businesses there.

Vacara

I love AZB!
May 5, 2009
Vacara.....there is no spin. Have something to offer?

Yes I do; you called Pedro ignorant, no lifer, you derided his citizenship etc. There's no need to use Ad Hominen attacks or Red Herrings, stick to the issues and let's have a meaningful debate.

bluebayou

Jan 26, 2010
If the shoe fits....wear it.

Yes I do; you called Pedro ignorant, no lifer, you derided his citizenship etc. There's no need to use Ad Hominen attacks or Red Herrings, stick to the issues and let's have a meaningful debate.
Show me where I called him ignorant, and deriding his citizenship?? I don't even know what country he's from!....and it really doesn't make a difference. Ask a stupid question...get a stupid answer.
I don't care what color or where there from, they don't belong there, period.

May 29, 2006
I don't think the Haitian community in Sosua is exactly thrilled about the influx of refugees either. There will be problems, and when the PN shows up one day, it's very likely some of the Haitians who have worked to get a business off the ground will be rounded up as well. The issue has to be address now. The longer it takes to address it, the more likely it will take force to resolve it. Offering a carrot now is better than a stick later.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Closed. Maybe the issue can be discussed without personal attacks, but obviously not here, today.

Status
Not open for further replies.