Renewing Residency in Santiago

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Has there been any updates on getting your permanent residency renewed in Puerto Plata or do you need to go to SD or Santiago. Also do you need to renew your cedula in SD only

No changes. Cedula in Herrera, Santo Domingo. They moved their offices a block away.

Simon & Nicky

Bronze
Feb 3, 2004
www.simon-hall.co.uk
The final answer

Two years after trying to do this the easy way in Santiago, I am left battered and bruised and pennyless. Final cost for renewing residency (that I was told was a fake copy that had to be checked, which took two years) 20000 pesos. New cedula (took five minutes) 3000 pesos.

The answer is to go to SD. Every time, without fail. OK so it's a day out of your life but when the dust settles which would you prefer?

It's not worth some smart arse saying oooh it was so easy when I tried, I'm just Joe Average and I got shafted.. That's the bottom line and I would ask a moderator to close the thread.

mart1n

Jul 13, 2006
I just went to Santiago to renew my residency and it's not do for another month and they charged me DR 4,000 plus the 100 peso for the form. they said it would take three weeks.

JessicaRabbit

Sep 21, 2009
Any updates on this? I need to renew my residency... Mine is not permanent, what do i have to do to get permanent one in Santiago office?

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I don't think you can. The procedure for getting a permanent residency is like a repeat of the process for getting a provisional residency, it is very different than renewing residency once you have permanent residency.

JessicaRabbit

Sep 21, 2009
damn.. mines expires in the end of april...So can i just prolong provisional residency? I dont have money now for lawyers...

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
no,
you temporary residency been issued for only one year, and expires this month now, so you need to apply for the permanent Residency, same procedure and costs as it was for the temporary one a year ago(yes, costs raised, lol).
you can not renew a temporary residency and once expired it is not worth anything, just a expired document.

Mike

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
I just received notice last week that my first permanent residency that I filed in Santiago is ready to pick up in the capital. I applied in November and I paid an attorney RD750 a piece for the two documents needed and got the apostille seal myself.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Update - the lawyer at he Santiago office told me today there is an open grace period for renewing residence and only have to pay RD5500 for the renewal. i forgot to ask how long this is in effect. Has anybody heard anything?

thanks

Chuck T

Banned
Nov 30, 2010
can someone explain the difference between the provincial and permanent residency and can someone explain what advantage there is to having either /or ?

arrugala

Bronze
Nov 7, 2010
Santo Domingo!!!!

Until puerto plata comes into play I think renewing and getting the actual document IN Your hands (VIP service) the same day is better
Then you can choose to stay in a decent hotel overnight(35 us) and leisurely come back the next day or have a late arrival back to the north coast in 1 day