Response - Maxim / Sun Village

wachiman

Dec 6, 2009
Some interesting things going on for the Elliott boys.

From IDOF vs Elliott,

"Update: Just received the judgment and permanent injunction against Elliott, and the order for the Protective Order. The Department was awarded a judgment amount against Derek Elliott and Sun Village Juan Dolio Associates in the amount of $2,653,880.65."

Posted by Alan Conilogue at 1:12 PM 0 comments Email This BlogThis! Share to Twitter Share to Facebook Share to Google Buzz
Labels: Barbara Nagel, Derek Elliott, Impact Net Worth, James Catledge, John Thompson, Steve

abe

Jan 2, 2002
Just Google "IDOF vs Elliott" and you will immediately find out that it's the Idaho Department of Finance. No doubt on behalf of Idaho residents. Good luck collecting, though!

DMV123

Bronze
Mar 31, 2010
Steve I am told it will be called:

Grand Oasis Ambar Bay.

and Lifestyles also has leased the Spa Suites for their use.

STEVE G.

Bronze
Apr 2, 2006
community.webshots.com
Globalia has lost the rights to operate its resorts under the name Oasis , so all of them are called ''Be Live Resorts'' and some of them ''Be Smart Resorts '' in Mexico . So instead of Grand Oasis - Be Live Grand .

angryintx

Apr 30, 2009
Us feds

Please continue to keep your eyes and years open.

Please continue to post or PM me with changes in property names, etc.

Not all of Sun Village and JD went bankrupt.
Many sub-parcels still owned by Elliotts and they want to make money or sell.

angryintx

Apr 30, 2009
Please continue to keep your eyes and ears open.

I have read they want to come back.
Maybe they will renovate the sub-parcels or develop Miches, if they can.
Do you want them back?
What harm have they done to you and DR?

DMV123

Bronze
Mar 31, 2010
After what they have done........... in a touch economy it is even tougher to get investment in the country.

They have placed so many many people in financial hardship and I am not just speaking of investors. Long term employees out of job and no "liquidation" to which they are legally entitled. This is often used as pseudo savings in place of pensions.

I personally know of one young lady with cancer. Well the company had not bothered to pay the employee insurance premiums. The young lady is alive today because of others including family and friends who rallied to find the money to get her treatments!

I am sure there are many many other stories out there.

They are not liked here and they are not wanted here. In fact I hazard to say they may not be very safe in this country! Dominicans have long memories!

angryintx

Apr 30, 2009
After what they have done........... in a touch economy it is even tougher to get investment in the country.

They have placed so many many people in financial hardship and I am not just speaking of investors. Long term employees out of job and no "liquidation" to which they are legally entitled. This is often used as pseudo savings in place of pensions.

I personally know of one young lady with cancer. Well the company had not bothered to pay the employee insurance premiums. The young lady is alive today because of others including family and friends who rallied to find the money to get her treatments!

I am sure there are many many other stories out there.

They are not liked here and they are not wanted here. In fact I hazard to say they may not be very safe in this country! Dominicans have long memories!

I know your pain. I am so sorry. I am have lost my life savings, too.

wachiman

Dec 6, 2009
Please continue to keep your eyes and ears open.

I have read they want to come back.
Maybe they will renovate the sub-parcels or develop Miches, if they can.
Do you want them back?
What harm have they done to you and DR?

Just a note, none of their companies went bankrupt, they never filed for it; they simply stopped paying debts and salaries and the banks foreclosed on their unpaid loans.

And I agree with DMV123, the Elliott boys are not wanted around here, at all!

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
Does anybody know the status of the 'Treasure Bluff' properties? While the Elliotts had no ownership in this, they had management status over the property. I was told the Elliotts managed to get a mortgage on the property before the chit hit the fan and that Morales and possibly the other investors are persuing criminal/civil actions which may prevent the Elliotts from ever setting foot in the DR again.

DMV123

Bronze
Mar 31, 2010
I've not seen or heard anything about this! Various "executives" and sales people stayed there didn't they?

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
The Treasure Bluff properties consist of the Cofresi Beach front and the lot across from Ocean World where the old Sombrero Hotel rooms used to be. There are no buildings to 'stay' there, they are unimproved empty lots.

DMV123

Bronze
Mar 31, 2010
OK I am thinking of the apartments on the left hand side just before entering Ocean World! thanks for clarifying. Not sure they owned that either.

I know they were trying to wrap the property - the old Sombrero Hotel - into the Maxim sponsorship deal. Not sure what ever happened with that.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
OK I am thinking of the apartments on the left hand side just before entering Ocean World! thanks for clarifying. Not sure they owned that either.

I know they were trying to wrap the property - the old Sombrero Hotel - into the Maxim sponsorship deal. Not sure what ever happened with that.

You are thinking of the Cofresi Cove property, which has its own mortgage conspiracy theory.

The old Sombrero Hotel does not exist anymore, part of it is now Ocean World and the other parts (on the Treasure Bluff property) were demolished.