ribs at rocky's

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i will say something more: it's a real shame rocky's lokks like comedor economico. the place needs some upgrade :) but the taste of food was amazing and miesposo told me to mention here that customer service was also very nice. the girl came to see us several times: cleaning, asking if we need stuff and checking up on us (and no, the place was not empty). she was all smiles too when i told her the food was good, very sweet!

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
i will say something more: it's a real shame rocky's lokks like comedor economico. the place needs some upgrade :) but the taste of food was amazing and miesposo told me to mention here that customer service was also very nice. the girl came to see us several times: cleaning, asking if we need stuff and checking up on us (and no, the place was not empty). she was all smiles too when i told her the food was good, very sweet!

You never want to change a classic place like this.

The world famous Elbow Room on Fort Lauderdale beach has not seen an upgrade in 25 years but continues to be an attraction.

Hooters never changes their theme either except for the employees of that country.

Rocky's is not a franchise so let's keep it that way !

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
maybe some new paint and a good cleanup? and a better bathroom too.
i am not asking for much... :(

but i loved a giant dog sleeping in the middle of the floor with a tongue out :)

Dafishguy

Bronze
Oct 30, 2007
maybe some new paint and a good cleanup? and a better bathroom too.
i am not asking for much... :(

but i loved a giant dog sleeping in the middle of the floor with a tongue out :)

Bruno, everyone loves Bruno! Why didn't you introduce yourself. I have always wondered about the illusive DV8. Love your handle by the way.

Take care,

Rick

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Bruno, everyone loves Bruno! Why didn't you introduce yourself. I have always wondered about the illusive DV8. Love your handle by the way.

Take care,

Rick

You don't know what she looks like? LOL you missed out on a real beauty! ;)

Not kidding

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
and a better bathroom too.
i am not asking for much...

The bathroom is clean and so is the whole place but the Dog owns the place !

If you ever go to Sloppy Joes in Key West you will know what I mean.

I could go on and on about these types of places

la_barbie

Bronze
May 6, 2004
We almost went to Rocky's last week but I couldn't peel my eyes off the fugly putas and desperate old white men... ruined my appetite

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
We almost went to Rocky's last week but I couldn't peel my eyes off the fugly putas and desperate old white men... ruined my appetite

There is no such thing as a desperate white man in the DR.

Why Deal with a Barbie when you can eat your ribs and go to sleep alone !

Dafishguy

Bronze
Oct 30, 2007

Damn. It IS sousa. Sorry for that. la_barbie, It would be honered to meet you. Next time, please don't let the reality of Sosua stop you from stopping by and saying hello. It would be MY HONOR to meet you and treat you right.

Take care,

Rick

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006

Sosua:

You're not in Barbie and Ken's make-believe World anymore !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sosua is "real" life, which is what makes it great.

la_barbie

Bronze
May 6, 2004
Once again... I am not a 'Barbie' I am the furthest thing - brunette, big tits (not plastic) and big ass - not a barbie... la_barbie came from a flaboyant gay man in Bavaro that I LOVE :D

Rick next time i'll stop by and say Hi - beer better be cold...

and there are desperate white men in Sosua... when they're pursing kids old enough to be their grandkids... that's disgusting.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
excuse me! rocky's ribs have plenty of meat on them, just like la barbie. :)
we ate buffalo wings first - a mistake because we had hardly any room left for the dish that brought us to sosua in the first place. so i could only eat one and a half rib. if just one thing 3 ribs, fries and salad would fill me up plenty.

i hope i did not offend you, rick, with a paint job suggestion. it all came from...
well... a long story...
i came to sosua with miesposo and his best friend, randy, who is from santiago. as soon as we entered he was: are you sure this is the right place? it does not look like a restaurant...
hence our jokes about comedor economico :)
the paint... we paint our entire house, inside and outside, ceilings and the roof - about every two years. all iron - once a year. miesposo is a great believer in maintainance. and yes, i know it costs a lot of money. but i like the "new" look of things.
bathroom is clean indeed, soap, paper, all. but again, a lick of paint would make it look nicer.

the bottom line is, that rocky's serves damn good food. and if you missed meeting elusive dv8, rick, you will see me again when i come back from europe because miesposo was raving about your ribs to his entire family and now they all want to come too.
and i am pretty sure you saw me anyways, i was with two guys, wearing a very short green dress. i looked totally super gorgeous :) ;)

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
How about a branch in P.C.??? We could use a place like that. Would be a good counter balance to Non Solo Pizza. Pizza one night, ribs the next. :) I looked at the menu, and the 100 pesos for a Presidente Grande looked good too! Lucky to get that price for a small in P.C.

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
Not to hijack the thread, but wonder if anyone knows what the movie is for Wednesday night. Have several friends who count on me for the answer???

Thanks.
Ro

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Not to hijack the thread, but wonder if anyone knows what the movie is for Wednesday night. Have several friends who count on me for the answer???

Thanks.
Ro

I believe Rick said it's "Mission Impossible, Ghost Protocol".........with Tom Cruise......

B in Santiago

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
Thanks B sounds like a good one. i feel like Movietone - friends call me to find out what it is each Wed and Sat!

Regards

Dafishguy

Bronze
Oct 30, 2007
Yes Ro, every Wednesday and Saturday nights at 7:30 PM SHARP, (North American time not Dominican) Rocky's shows classic and brand new movies on the big (12' x 8') screen. This Wednesday’s movie is Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol starring Tom Cruise. Showtime is 7:30 PM and everyone is welcome. The best thing is that it is FREE. So if you are looking for something different to do in Sosua, why not stop by Rocky's for movie nights and see some great films and enjoy them with some great people.

Take care,

Rick

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Thanks B sounds like a good one. i feel like Movietone - friends call me to find out what it is each Wed and Sat!

Regards

Since Rick is now a paid advertiser........
maybe it would be good for Rocky's to "sticky" what movies are going to be featured each week in advance........

B in Santiago

Dafishguy

Bronze
Oct 30, 2007
Since Rick is now a paid advertiser........
maybe it would be good for Rocky's to "sticky" what movies are going to be featured each week in advance........

B in Santiago

THAT is an EXCELLENT idea Waytogo. Robert, is that a possibility?

Thank you,

Rick