ribs at rocky's

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Nope.

Advertisers are ONLY allowed to respond to posts that relate directly to their business.
They ARE NOT allowed to start threads or spam their businesses on the board.

e.g. Posting about movie night in a rib thread.

If a non-related 3rd party wants to post about an upcoming movie, that's fine.
Be aware, you will open Rocky's up to a lot of eyes, especially if they are showing copyrighted movies to the public.

Your call.....

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
THAT is an EXCELLENT idea Waytogo. Robert, is that a possibility?

Thank you,

Rick

Rick,
If this little idea has a positive effect on Rocky's business, it would also improve your relationship with dr1 advertising....
That's a good incentive for future advertising...it's a win win.......IMHO.....

B in Santiago

Dafishguy

Bronze
Oct 30, 2007
Thank you Robert but the way I see it, it is no different then if I am showing a movie in my living room. I could see a huge problem if I was charging for them but I am not. It is just something for my family and friends to do in Sosua and the movie nights have become VERY popular. I have been showing them now for almost 3 years straight and I have never ever had anyone who would be considerd in authority ask me anything about it.

Of course this is wishful thinking on my part but I hope that someone in authority does not order me to take away something so many people enjoy so much here in Sosua.

Take care Robert and thank you for your imput. I really appreciate it.

Rick

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Thank you Robert but the way I see it, it is no different then if I am showing a movie in my living room. I could see a huge problem if I was charging for them but I am not............Rick
You might want to do as Robert hinted, drop the subject. If you read the movie copyright laws you will see there is a big difference between showing a copyright movie at home as to a public place, whether or not you are charging a fee. Hey, but this is the DR and those laws probably don't mean a thing to the authorities but why chance it?

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Thank you Robert but the way I see it, it is no different then if I am showing a movie in my living room. I could see a huge problem if I was charging for them but I am not. It is just something for my family and friends to do in Sosua and the movie nights have become VERY popular. I have been showing them now for almost 3 years straight and I have never ever had anyone who would be considerd in authority ask me anything about it.

Of course this is wishful thinking on my part but I hope that someone in authority does not order me to take away something so many people enjoy so much here in Sosua.

Take care Robert and thank you for your imput. I really appreciate it.

Rick

Rocky's is a public place, it's not private, copyright laws apply
Let's hope the owner of Caribbean Cinemas doesn't read this board.

Then again... as has been posted, this is the DR :)

Dafishguy

Bronze
Oct 30, 2007
Rocky's is a public place, it's not private, copyright laws apply
Let's hope the owner of Caribbean Cinemas doesn't read this board.

Then again... as has been posted, this is the DR :)

Point taken Robert and Bigbird. I will let it drop then. Thanks for pointing this out to me folks. I of course will continue with them until someone in authority tells me to stop.

Thanks again,

Rick

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
About 10 years ago they were showing movies at the Gym in Sosua. After a few weeks the owner of the theatre in Playa Dorado had someone contact the Gym and they stopped showing the movies. I am not sure that the theatre in PD is still open now, I know it had closed.

tomas2

Nov 29, 2005
We almost went to Rocky's last week but I couldn't peel my eyes off the fugly putas and desperate old white men... ruined my appetite

Well...to be fair...it isn't only the white guys. Last time I was there, there were a fair amount of non-white guys from NYC that were sitting a couple of tables away bragging about their "conquests" the previous night (while loudly expelling 6 hour old Presidente gasses from both ends...real classy). And I felt like saying "dudes...you paid, right? See the old white guys sitting over there? They were bragging about the same thing a couple of years ago. Now they just sit back and smile when they hear real players like you".

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
Point taken Robert and Bigbird. I will let it drop then. Thanks for pointing this out to me folks. I of course will continue with them until someone in authority tells me to stop.

Thanks again,

Rick

You could always make the movie nights a private showing, only friends allowed proven by membership and by invitation.

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
All this attention about video infringement isn't going to do Rocky's any good.......
Why don't we ALL take Robert's advice and let this thread die........
There can be another thread started and debated without Rocky's in the Limelight.......
This establishment is Ricks bread and butter..........

B in Santiago