Status
Not open for further replies.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Fraud in Canada

Did they have a pool party? :eek:

Probably a lot of them. Google translate of the article:

Sosua.-Agents of the International Police, Interpol arrested on the street Dr. Alejo Martinez del Batey Sosua, the Canadian Jhosthon Richard Dale, whom the Canadian justice sought by a millionaire fraud in Canada, this subject had a hotel in Sosua and lived like a prince.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
what was rick's handle on dr1? someone told me it was derfish but it seems its not. Although I was still under the impression derfish was the owner of rocky and he was the person who bought it off marco.
AZB

donP

Dec 14, 2008
The 'Prince of Sos?a'

Does anyone know how long Rick has been living down here?

Just to go by his DR1 membership, it must have been many years.
I guess, many a Sos?a expat knew about his problems in Canada... :cross-eye
To me it is a mystery how long he was able to hide.

Overcooked ribs?
Nah, but there always are enviers. :cool:

donP

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
It won't be a Ruby Tuesday for Rick

Not the next flight, but rapid by DR standards:

Police said the arrested now be repatriated in the afternoon of Tuesday, the airport in Punta Cana, after the formalities are completed with the Immigration Department.

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012

PUERTO PLATA Dominican Interpol yesterday arrested a Canadian who was persecuted, internationally, for his alleged involvement in crimes of fraud and money laundering.

This is Richard Dale Johnston, 56, who was arrested in a hotel in Sosua, Puerto Plata, by warrant number 00049-2015, in the Mary Rose apartment hotel, located on Calle Alejo Martinez, Township of Sos?a.

The arrest was materialized by assignment to the National Central Bureau of Interpol police personnel Santo Domingo, after an intense investigative and intelligence work.

The foreigner was pursued in response to the international arrest warrant, with red notice for his arrest, number 1226-2-2015, accused of fraud, money laundering and theft.

Against Johnston who also has been issued an arrest warrant or court order number 24462618, dated 15.04.2015, issued by the Provincial Court of Saskatchewan in Canada, an offense punishable by 14 years in prison.

Police said the detainee is now to be repatriated Tuesday afternoon, at the airport in Punta Cana, after the formalities are completed with the Immigration Department.

May 12, 2005
The world is a very small place today. Very hard to run and hide. Stories like this always remind me of Howmar. I wonder if he is out by now.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Oh yeah, I forgot about her. She had a good scam going for awhile.

what was her scam? she used to send me some silly (off topic) messages. used to give me way too much info, as though we were friends. these people, sometimes, give away their real nature. Just can't hide themselves from people.
AZB

May 12, 2005
what was her scam? she used to send me some silly (off topic) messages. used to give me way too much info, as though we were friends. these people, sometimes, give away their real nature. Just can't hide themselves from people.
AZB

Her persona and back story were completely made up. If I remember correctly she was arrested for identity theft.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Lets stick to the thread title and not drift off all over the place.

Anymore and it will be removed by DV8 or myself.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
what was rick's handle on dr1? someone told me it was derfish but it seems its not. Although I was still under the impression derfish was the owner of rocky and he was the person who bought it off marco.
AZB

No not derfish. Rick bought Rocky's some years back from Marc. Also bought his Condo and Milka was thrown in the
deal also.

Status
Not open for further replies.