Robbed in La Sirena

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Very good chance they are on dr1, if they have a Fayboo Corp account and peakie Eenglie!

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
I have never seen demanding to be a very effective tactic in the DR or anyplace else for that matter. Its good for starting a fight.How does one know what "rich Dominicans do"? Is mimicking the behavior of rich dominicans a good plan? Might be a better plan to mimic the behavior of smart Dominicans.

Demanding is actually a good thing. Many people and businesess get away with nasty practices because not enough people demand and are not persistent. Not that it's easy, but sometimes a person on a higher level will solve your issues. Others, the same person who has caused your issues will "give in", if you are persistent UP TO A POINT to where they are not used to. They are used to people being aggravated, throwing a little rant and leaving.

For example, I know someone who got their electricity bill cut in half. They went and complained, so they sent to guys who performed a check and concluded thah the bill was normal. They went again and demanded to talk someone higher, also said they'd go to "Pro Consumidor". After that the bill was back to normal.

I've also had a few similar experiences myself.

Some posters advise others not to demand because "this is the DR" and you won't change a thing. Yeah, that works on certain things, like not stressing about time, but but complaining and following up on other scenarios could have a positive outcome.
The last thing you wanna be here is a doormat.

shorts

Dec 3, 2012
OK, so now here's what you do. NO WAY was the stuff in your bag worth $70USD. You had your brand new Iphone in it, as well as other items of considerable value.
Go for the gusto.

You're advising to compound a theft by adding on another?

Valletta

Dec 13, 2009
Anyway I just got the final email from head office. They are making it impossible to claim our stuff.

L.Calderon@gruporamos.com

Good afternoon Mr. S*****,

In these particular cases we ask the client to provide us invoices or quotations for items lost. If it is possible, please hand it to the customer service department in Sirena Bartolom? Col?n to attach it to the registry.

I reiterate that im at your service,

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Anyway I just got the final email from head office. They are making it impossible to claim our stuff.

L.Calderon@gruporamos.com

Good afternoon Mr. S*****,

In these particular cases we ask the client to provide us invoices or quotations for items lost. If it is possible, please hand it to the customer service department in Sirena Bartolom? Col?n to attach it to the registry.

I reiterate that im at your service,

here is the deal. what he is doing is elementary protocol. he is just requiring some sort of valuation on what you lost, so he can pay. if you have receipts, fine. most people do not keep receipts for everything they buy, so you might not be able to provide them. however, i do not think your case should be difficult. just give him an itemized list of what you lost, and give him an estimated cash value. you yourself said it was 70 dollars. i do not think an operation like La Sirena would balk at paying you such a piddling amount, and risk the repercussions of negative publicity if you decided to make a full blown exposure campaign on social media.

Valletta

Dec 13, 2009
here is the deal. what he is doing is elementary protocol. he is just requiring some sort of valuation on what you lost, so he can pay. if you have receipts, fine. most people do not keep receipts for everything they buy, so you might not be able to provide them. however, i do not think your case should be difficult. just give him an itemized list of what you lost, and give him an estimated cash value. you yourself said it was 70 dollars. i do not think an operation like La Sirena would balk at paying you such a piddling amount, and risk the repercussions of negative publicity if you decided to make a full blown exposure campaign on social media.

I gave her an itemized quote. I also gave my address and siremas number and cedula. This was the last email.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I gave her an itemized quote. I also gave my address and siremas number and cedula. This was the last email.

i can sometimes be the eternal optimist. i believe that La Sirena will do the right thing. if not, let them have it with both barrels on every social media portal you can get access to.

Valletta

Dec 13, 2009
I was sort of expecting this. It just typifies this country. That is why the Dominican Geek guy didn't pursue it right from the start.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Sounds to me like they WANT to make it right, I dont see a NO anywhere in there..
They just want to document whatever they can. I am willing to BET you they will pay at this point.. too much effort on their part to say no to a Legit $70 claim at this point...

Valletta

Dec 13, 2009
The first phone call she said that she would phone me back. After nearly a week I had no reply so I called again. Another woman answered. She gave me email addresses as the phone line was so bad. I told her I was using skype and she said she was sorry but nobody in the office had skype so maybe that was why the link was so bad. I emailed and got not able to deliver 3 times. I eventually got thru. I felt that they were stalling me all the time.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
How do I get them to pay then?

Keep answering their Emails, until they say either YES or NO..
Dont threathen (not that you would) ..they know full well what will happen if they say no..
Just keep asking for your $, and tell them thats all the proof you have, and will that be enough, or point blank ask them if they are refusing your claim and for what specific reason ?
. let them know you need a YES or a NO decision.

Valletta

Dec 13, 2009
OK I have sent a request for confirmation that I can get the items replaced in store. I appreciate this help guys as I am not the brightest star in the sky.

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
I wait in the car with our stuff or outside the store, as the wife shops. I have never have trusted those boxes! Sorry this happened to you! Typical the woman smiled away who GAVE your bags away!!!

As zoom said, I hope this helps others!!

Another proud ladron after a job well done!!!