Bronze
Jan 23, 2002
www.yourtraveltickets.com
FireGuy said:
In the DR...

even at Rocky's...

jejeje - good one.

Gregg

P.S. - I know you were serious; but come on now.
I didn't say I was surprised by what happened, not at all.

I was simply suggesting a simple, logical, and extremely inexpensive way to retain a happy customer.
Personally, I would have given them a round of cervezas too.

Getting customers in the door is supposed to be the hard part.

opinion

Angel_04 said:
I do not think that coming onto a public forum and bashing Rocky's was the way to deal with this.. personally, I think you should have contacted Rocky himself, who, more than likely, would have dealt with it privately and taken care of it somehow... and if not, THEN you resort to the public forum. :paranoid:

I can agree with the above, Rocky wud listen, or even Ted wud listen.
Blondy should just not come back to Rocky's, its not a fast food like she has been used to , you know McD's;)

Food is good, drinks are good, prices are reasonable, it is not the Hilton but whoever said it was? Best chocolate cake in the DR, just ask "the Warden".

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
I Love the Place

I mean no disrespect for blondytomato but I love Rocky's. I enjoy the food and the people who are around there. We expats who live in the DR are either driven crazy by the different pace from the industrialized world or we adapt to it. I'm adapting to it. When I've been in Rocky's I've either been engrossed in web surfing or chatting with the interesting people who gravitate there and have never been in a hurry to eat but that's just me. Marco is a very outgoing guy who loves the DR and Sosua and it is very pleasant to be in his company.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2005
my girlfirned cant stand rocky's.........................................................................................................................

DOG

but the sandwhich I dont remember ordering while on the computer came in a flash!

bob

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
Flied Chicks and ....

blondytomato said:
... An hour and a half i had to wait for fried chicken and chips and burger and chips for my boyfriend ....First the lady took our order .... hey its not what i had ordered ....

Who ordered?
Could it be that your boyfriend tried his English?

blondytomato said:
My boyfriend speaks good English but not very good English.We understand each other perfectly and kind of have our own sort of language .Most of my friends and family do have trouble understanding my boyfriend.

m'frog

blondytomato

Oct 19, 2005
Okay firstly i am not a sock puppet
Secondly it was me who ordered the food
Thirdly why is it when people dont agree with your view on this board you get bashed ...
Okay maybe as you say i should have spoken to the management instead and maybe not wrote bad things about the place on the internet.
Sorry if you feel i have done the place an injustace.
Well gotta go sun shinning and need to get the beach
Take care everyone .... keep smiling !!!

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
blondytomato said:
Secondly it was me who ordered the food
Maybe that was the problem. If you ordered in English and didn't specify the item number you may have confused Milka. Afterall, the only English she speaks is
"You can kiss my %$%#$ %$%". She reserves that though for customers who are in a hurry or complain too much.;) Just part of the ambience we enjoy so much.

Sep 19, 2005
well I have only met marco once and i have only been to rockys twice. While I have conversed through the forum, he sounds like a really nice guy. But that doesnt make him a great proprietor for a resturant. And i think there is nothing wrong with a person giving their opinion. It seems to be an honest opinion and not ment as a lie to degrade. It is part of any review process. People look at all the reviews. We all know the parameters of reviewing a meal! So all the smart people can assimilate the possible causes...and one COULD actually be..you get poor service there! TRUE?

I think the fact that so many people have gone there and been very very happy just tilts the notion that anyone could go there and expect a great meal!

thats all outside the realm of the fact that he is a great contributor to this site.

once she has made her review, if she continues to berate the establishment, then she leans to being out of line , I think.

but there is nothing out of line when someone posts they dont like something. I would guess marco isnt upset and probably knows those things happen..........but it wont hurt his buisness in the mid to long term, if at all!

I waited a long time for my ribs that first trip...but is wasnt much different than ANY other resturant wait in the DR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thats how its done down there!

bob

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Growing pains..

I would like to say that I took blondytomato's complaint seriously, investigated it and sure enough, the cooks and a waitress (not Milka) remember the incident and did make a mistake on the meal.
There's no doubt that I would have apologized to the client and given them their meal for free, had I been there or aware of it, and I have now authorized the waitress to do just that in the future, should the situation arise.
We have generally improved the kitchen speed lately with a new system, but it failed us when blondy was here.
Ever since a certain real estate mogul stopped coming to Rocky's, business has doubled and we are going through growing pains.
We now have added more staff, despite the beginning of low season, so things should improve.
I would like very much to thank everyone for their kind words, and extend an offer to blondy to come back for an evening of free drinks & meals for her & her boyfriend.
Regards, Marco.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Yeah, but are you open late? The boyfriend finishes his animation show at 11pm and then leaves at 12am for home.
AZB

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
Now that's exactly the answer I expected from Marco.

Sorry to have accused you of being a sock puppet, BT. I know you had a valid complaint and had that happened to me the first time I was in an establishment that everyone raves about, I would've also been upset. Being that I have frequented Rocky's establishment for the last five(?) years and never had a complaint, I had unwarranted suspicions. I'm sorry if you felt you were attacked in the onslaught of your comments, but I guess the regulars feel quite strongly about their opinion about Rockys. This does not make your complaint or opinion less valid.

I do hope that you take Marco up on his offer.

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003
Too funny...

PHP:
Ever since a certain real estate mogul stopped coming to Rocky's, business has doubled and we are going through growing pains.

LMAO !!!!!!

mamichula24

Mar 28, 2006
Now I"m gonna have to try it

All this talk about Rocky's. Until I started coming to this site, I'd never heard about it. With the execption of one...everyone seems to love it there. I'll have to make a point of coming down to check it out next time I'm there. Too bad I won't be there for the 4th of July...sounds like it's going to be a great time.
All this talk about Rocky's ribs is making me hungry....wash it down with a cold cuba libre...yum!

Tony Cabrera

Sep 24, 2002
Rocky said:
I would like to say that I took blondytomato's complaint seriously, investigated it and sure enough, the cooks and a waitress (not Milka) remember the incident and did make a mistake on the meal.
There's no doubt that I would have apologized to the client and given them their meal for free, had I been there or aware of it, and I have now authorized the waitress to do just that in the future, should the situation arise.
We have generally improved the kitchen speed lately with a new system, but it failed us when blondy was here.
We now have added more staff, despite the beginning of low season, so things should improve.
I would like very much to thank everyone for their kind words, and extend an offer to blondy to come back for an evening of free drinks & meals for her & her boyfriend.
Regards, Marco.

Hey, marco, can i go there with my wife, andpass her as being blondy, and me her boyfriend, since you offerred, meals & drinks for free, lol;)

hifiman

Jul 13, 2005
Come to think of it,the last time I there you ran out of ribs. Can I get them on the house next time as well;)

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
Rocky said:
Drinks and ribs are on the house for everybody who can make it in time for yesterday.
I left an open tab from yesterday, please take care of it. Thanks.

Malibook

Bronze
Jan 23, 2002
www.yourtraveltickets.com
Rocky said:
Regards, Marco.
Now that is excellent customer service!!
FireGuy said:
In the DR...

even at Rocky's...

jejeje - good one.

Gregg

P.S. - I know you were serious; but come on now.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
True businessman!

Rocky said:
Regards, Marco.
Marco, the last time I was at Rocky's, one of the girls gave me a plate of ribs instead of the burger that I ordered. She was also late.

Can you make me an "offer I can't refuse"?.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.