Russia to Remove Visa Requirements for Dominicans

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
an agreement is not a two way street in the case of the Dominican Republic .. beacuse it admits passport holders from dozens of countries into the DR without a need of a visa but this treatment is not reciprocated. And the countries that do not reciprocate include many in central and south America

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
sorry for the double bite but Colombians can enter nearly every country, if not all, in the region and also Europe without a visa so it really shows how pathetic the Dominican Foreign Office is .

Of course Colombians can enter most countries without problems. The big drug trade is in most countries coming from Columbia.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
an agreement is not a two way street in the case of the Dominican Republic .. beacuse it admits passport holders from dozens of countries into the DR without a need of a visa but this treatment is not reciprocated. And the countries that do not reciprocate include many in central and south America

well, not because there is no reciprocity of duty means there is no agreement. the countries that deny DR citizens entry have no agreement with the DR wherein they will admit its citizens without a visa. the DR, on the other hand, agrees to allow the opposing citizens without a visa.

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
Let me tell you this: No too long ago in history, Dominican passport holders could enter not only Mexico, but pretty much ALL countries in LA visa free or visa issued at arrival.

What changed the policies came on the heels of how the OAS responded to the Trujillo regime after the attempts against some people outside of the country (RD).

Back in those days the DR had a formidable net of spies and agents (many non-Dominican) on the payroll of the Dom. Gov.

Once the first limitations were imposed on the regime, one of those was the requirement of visas to those countries previously open to DR passport holders. This included NATO states as a follow up on the request of the U.S. and other non-NATO nations.

The DR passport was back in those days almost better than having a U.S. passport. In fact, the DR passport was BLUE!

Once the regime was down and done with, the U.S. lifted most of the limitations for visas issued to Dominicans, but the other countries didn't follow much due to how things were not so good on their own soils.

To speed this, the U.S. requested to those nations that Dominican passport holders with a U.S. visa stamped on it should be allowed visa free in those nations and they did comply. The U.S. then went on a give-away spree of visas for Dominican passport holders. They had two consular offices (one in SD and the other in Santiago) issuing visas like hotcakes on request.

Thing was that most Dominicans that could afford the costs of travel to other countries turned their vacations and shopping sprees to Europe and other places more welcoming of their extended families. Sans the trouble of visas before hand.

By the time the U.S. got smart, the bulk of visas issued in the Santiago consulate went to campesinos.

Other countries have started to see the DR as a potential economic tourists source for their economies as well. The DR is a upper middle income country and growing year on year.

More two tenths of the DR born population holds U.S. or other foreign nationality or permanent residency. A greater number holds multiple entry visas for the U.S and other nations.

This will all change step by step, country by country.

sorry for the double bite but Colombians can enter nearly every country, if not all, in the region and also Europe without a visa so it really shows how pathetic the Dominican Foreign Office is .

This is the closest to reality comment ever. The Dominican Republic foreign office is the worst in the world. This country have open doors to almost any other nation that keeps dyplomatic relations with it. A lot of the countries that requires Dominicans visas have smaller GDP, worse security situation and worse living conditions. We grant them visa free entry, but there is no reprocicity for us. One of these countries is Panama, that even went as far as create a special visa category only for the DR and Cuba (visa consultada) were the documentation has to be sent to Panama prior to issuing the visa. That's not having even self respect on our chancellor part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

santiagodude

Nov 25, 2012
Russia is not exactly safe for people of color due to nationalist movements (and associated groups) which seem to flourish there.
The good news is, the 5 white Dominicans should be fine, should they decide to visit.

Mar 1, 2009
Our Foreign Affairs Office is a joke, Navarro the Tool who is at the head of the office is the Elmer Fudd of Foreign ministers. He Looks smart but that's it. The Haitians keep running circles around him and everyone else just treats him like mudd spelled backwards. Case in point was the Status of Forces agreement allowing the US military diplomatic immunity and free entry into the country. What kind of backward colonial garbage is that?
The Afghans and Iraquis were smart enough to say NO to the USA shennanigans, thankfully the Supreme Court shot down this brazen attempt at undermining the DR's sovereignty which Navurro would have rubber stamped.
It is in the DR's interest to balance out it's utter dependence on the USA by dealing with the other major powers, namely China and Russia.
If the Russians want to let some Domo's hit St. Pete good. Russia is a HUGE country it's got a lot to offer a tourist, the propaganda spat out by the MSM is always claiming nonsense and it would be best if one went to see it for themselves before rendering judgement.
If it is that bad then our resident do-gooders now have a new spot to head to crusade for justice.
Heyy SEEE HELL-U? or is it ACLU?

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLC

airgordo

Bronze
Jun 24, 2015
I find this absolutely ridiculous when Dominicans need a visa in every country in northern , central and south america except for Colombia, Ecuador and a few small Caribbean islands .. The DR is part of various trade and social groups with other latin countries but our diplomats can not even work out an agreement with countries in our part of the world .

because they can care less for Us, these good for nothing vampires travel on DIPLOMATIC passports which have many visa exemptions agreements, the Dominican Government even asked Peru to void a Visa exemption agreement from 1990s and require Visas to their OWN citizens!! however you will never see these inept people dealing personally with their decisions

airgordo

Bronze
Jun 24, 2015
Let me tell you this: No too long ago in history, Dominican passport holders could enter not only Mexico, but pretty much ALL countries in LA visa free or visa issued at arrival.

What changed the policies came on the heels of how the OAS responded to the Trujillo regime after the attempts against some people outside of the country (RD).

Back in those days the DR had a formidable net of spies and agents (many non-Dominican) on the payroll of the Dom. Gov.

Once the first limitations were imposed on the regime, one of those was the requirement of visas to those countries previously open to DR passport holders. This included NATO states as a follow up on the request of the U.S. and other non-NATO nations.

The DR passport was back in those days almost better than having a U.S. passport. In fact, the DR passport was BLUE!

Once the regime was down and done with, the U.S. lifted most of the limitations for visas issued to Dominicans, but the other countries didn't follow much due to how things were not so good on their own soils.

To speed this, the U.S. requested to those nations that Dominican passport holders with a U.S. visa stamped on it should be allowed visa free in those nations and they did comply. The U.S. then went on a give-away spree of visas for Dominican passport holders. They had two consular offices (one in SD and the other in Santiago) issuing visas like hotcakes on request.

Thing was that most Dominicans that could afford the costs of travel to other countries turned their vacations and shopping sprees to Europe and other places more welcoming of their extended families. Sans the trouble of visas before hand.

By the time the U.S. got smart, the bulk of visas issued in the Santiago consulate went to campesinos.

Other countries have started to see the DR as a potential economic tourists source for their economies as well. The DR is a upper middle income country and growing year on year.

More two tenths of the DR born population holds U.S. or other foreign nationality or permanent residency. A greater number holds multiple entry visas for the U.S and other nations.

This will all change step by step, country by country.

Nice STORY but is just that, a bed time story, For Gods sake THAT WAS in 1961...European Visas ARE WAY MORE DIFFICULT than the already difficult USA Visa, Just 2 or 3 years ago Argentina AND Chile imposed Visa restrictions, and the last one in doing so was Uruguay a year something ago, so there goes your "theory"...NOW the REALITY is that we are international undesirables because of MIGRATION and because of simply NONE of the Idiots that have reached the government one have had the POLITICAL VISION to rescue our image, like the Colombians have been doing over 10 years!!

Last edited:

airgordo

Bronze
Jun 24, 2015
This is the closest to reality comment ever. The Dominican Republic foreign office is the worst in the world. This country have open doors to almost any other nation that keeps dyplomatic relations with it. A lot of the countries that requires Dominicans visas have smaller GDP, worse security situation and worse living conditions. We grant them visa free entry, but there is no reprocicity for us. One of these countries is Panama, that even went as far as create a special visa category only for the DR and Cuba (visa consultada) were the documentation has to be sent to Panama prior to issuing the visa. That's not having even self respect on our chancellor part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like HONDURAS just to mention ONE example of Hundreds!!

airgordo

Bronze
Jun 24, 2015
Russia is not exactly safe for people of color due to nationalist movements (and associated groups) which seem to flourish there.
The good news is, the 5 white Dominicans should be fine, should they decide to visit.

is quite interesting to me that living in Santiago or associated yourself with Santiago you are talking about just 5 white guys on this country...but who knows LOL

airgordo

Bronze
Jun 24, 2015
Honduras finally gets some ink and it had to be negative.

I'm sorry, not meant to insult but the numbers don't lie so it is the perfect example for my point, Honduras citizens can enter whole Europe WITHOUT visa along with a bunch of other countries, however when you compare Honduras to DR side by side the differences are quite big to the favor of DR

4*4*4

Bronze
May 4, 2015
I'm sorry, not meant to insult but the numbers don't lie so it is the perfect example for my point, Honduras citizens can enter whole Europe WITHOUT visa along with a bunch of other countries, however when you compare Honduras to DR side by side the differences are quite big to the favor of DR

Your point was spot on. My jest was simply to underscore that EVEN Honduras doesn't have a reciprocal visa system with us. You couldn't see my facial expression of bemused irony.

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
Location Please?

There are plenty of Russian hookers in the DR right now.

Where? Tired bring accosted by the local talent when I'm in Sosua, Cabarete, and at my resort on the weekends. Some foreign talent would be nice to view. Do the accept Rubles? 😆

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris

Pathetic Dominican Foreign Office didnt exist untill last year, and is not yet as real one, they do something with Panama that was a pian in the neck to apply for e visa and they solved that problem and is true, people from el Salvador can go to Europe and some other countries that are worse than Dominican can do the same, but the main problem is they know what mean to have a Visa Free entrance, they dont go and move there in mass like we Dominicans do. That manner of us to act has f....cked of people like me that do not have the intention to live ilegal in any country and when I plan my vacation is a pain in the neck visa issues.

4*4*4

Bronze
May 4, 2015
Where? Tired bring accosted by the local talent when I'm in Sosua, Cabarete, and at my resort on the weekends. Some foreign talent would be nice to view. Do the accept Rubles? ��

Ecoman, in case you're looking for something long term, make sure it's not a Moldovian attempting to pass herself off as a Ukrainian.

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
Genetics can be amazing!

Ecoman, in case you're looking for something long term, make sure it's not a Moldovian attempting to pass herself off as a Ukrainian.

I actually meet a fair number of East European ladies at my resort, Russian, Estonian, former East Germans who now have money to spend since the wall came down. I have a weakness for blonde blued eyed women. Saw
interesting combination of East European/ Latino in Cuba every now and then. Genetic legacy of the Russian
troops that went there for R&R. Blonde hair, blue eyes and Latino skin shades make for some very exotic looking women.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
I actually meet a fair number of East European ladies at my resort, Russian, Estonian, former East Germans who now have money to spend since the wall came down. I have a weakness for blonde blued eyed women. Saw
interesting combination of East European/ Latino in Cuba every now and then. Genetic legacy of the Russian
troops that went there for R&R. Blonde hair, blue eyes and Latino skin shades make for some very exotic looking women.

At a boy................................