Sad News from AZB

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
My heartfelt condolences.......

I know how painful the loss of a parent is.
My thoughts are with you and the rest of your family.
May you find peace in the knowledge that he has now claimed his eternal reward!
Ish'Allah

rmary

Oct 4, 2003
Although AZB and I have never crossed paths before, I would like to extend my own sincere condolensces for his loss. Even though a parent may have lived a long, good, and useful life, it is still difficult when they do leave us.

May Allah recieve him into his infinite mercy.

Rose

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Thankyou everyone

Thankyou everyone for your kind words in tough times like these. My father passed away on wednesday afternoon after losing a long hard battle with a hideous disease called "supra-nuclear palsy". Its a disease which is similar in nature with parkinson's but worse. It slowly distroys the brain stem of a person and then later attacks other regions of the brain. My father was bed ridden for many years and had been deteriorated to a stiff skeleton. He was unable to move, talk or even able to move his eyes in the end. His digestive system failed and he was not able to eat / swallow / digest his food. The patient simply dies of starvation in the end stage.
When I arrived i was not aware of his final condition. I was simply told that he had short time to live. But what was shocking was that I found him in his death bed, waiting for me in a coma like stage. he had almost died 2 times earlier (stopped breathing and gone cold) but when my sister told him that I was on my way he started breathing again. He was sort of wating to see me. I arrived and was stunned to see him in this stage; he looked almost like a skeleton but breathing. I had not left him like this a month ago but i guess the poor man just couldn't take the absence of my mom (mom is still in hospital, recovering from a heart surgery and later a stroke which has paralyzed her right side).
I was fortunate enough to have spent a few moments alone with him in the room and said my final words to him in privacy. He later fell asleep in my arms and left us all in peace.
You folks can just imagine what we were all going through.
I am glad its all over now and that he is resting in peace (finally).
God bless his soul and I sincerely like to thank you all for standing behind me when I needed your help the most.I will stay in atlanta to spend time with my mom till this weekend and head back to santiago.
Regards,
AZB

Paulino

Jan 4, 2002
It is always very hard to lose one's parents, and I sympathize deeply. My own mom suffered from Parkinsons, she passed away in late 2001 and her ordeal is still fresh in my memory.

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
azb

I'm just seeing this after not being able to log on for a couple of weeks. I am so sorry to hear this news.

Larry

dms3611

Bronze
Jan 14, 2002
Sorry to hear of your loss......

"To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die."
--- Thomas Campbell

I am "holding a good thought" that you can find comfort and peace at this time.

Best, Dave