Safe areas to live in SD.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
You can rent the first floor of chips house in Santiago for $175 a month , electricity included!!!!!
Talk about the "Odd Couples"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Hernandez

Banned
Feb 9, 2009
Her digital piano she has only had for 6 months is screwing up and her amp is not working. I have had to fix my new MacBook Pro already and it only worked for a few months after it was fixed and the wife's Mac book pro needs fixing too! I can see the salt in the air at night on my outside cameras.
I have some guitars, including parlor acoustic guitar made in the 1920's and some 50's-70's vintage electric guitars, so I understand your concern about musical instruments, BUT what the hell happened to your DIGITAL piano? I have Yamaha Clavinova, there are no parts that can be f@cked up by humidity. The same with MacBook Pro, I have two, the first one had some corrosion spots on aluminum surfaces, but nothing serious... The same with amps, I have tube Laney and Marshall, no problem at all in this climate (and I lived 6 years VERY close to the sea in Santo Domingo, and it's MORE humidity here than on the North Coast).

Maybe the answer is that I always use A/C, so the air is dry inside the apartment.... but in this case your problem is not the location. Or move to Jarabacoa, if you love to have your windows always open :)

P.S. there are NO safe areas in Santo Domingo. Welcome!

Last edited:

Hernandez

Banned
Feb 9, 2009
Hernandez we found out it is our electricity and the salt air, we are literally on the beach so corrosion is hardcore. It is really odd, her Piano works in SD but when we come back here it screws up, we have tried 3 different houses on the NC.
She is just gonna buy another one.
I hope the troubles with the digital piano is not the main reason for moving :) Just disassemble the piano, disconnect all wires from the circuit board, take the circuit board out, clean it and clean all contacts and connectors. No need to change the house for this.

The salt in the air and corrosion in Gazcue or any areas near the sea in SD is the same like on the beach, no difference.