Sammy Sosa's New Career??

Status
Not open for further replies.

delite

Bronze
Oct 17, 2006
Barbados is called "Little England" because of its rich British heritage. Unlike the other colonies, where the Spanish, Dutch and French had colonized at some point, Barbados always remained in the hands of England.

Many Guyanese have family members from Barbados and likewise. Some Dominicans, if they haven't travelled, or are ignorant to geography, would normally assume that all the Islands in the Caribbean are populated with black people. In Guyana and Trinidad, for example, the majority of the people are of Indian descent and not black.

Reading some of their posts, I often laugh and ask god to forgive their ignorance.
Besides Jamaica, Barbados was the most important colony to the British in terms of sugarcane production. It's also the island in the chain that's farthest to the east, hence, closest to Africa in terms of distance traveling to the west.

Barbados population varies from white to black; and everything in between. It's quite normal then to assume someone is from England, Germany, Ireland, Switzerland, etc. until they open their mouth to speak. You would be speaking to a local Barbadian with roots going back several centuries.

Rihanna's family is no different than what is found rather commonly on the ground in Barbados. :)

Last edited:

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
The cold is here, I already started bleaching my self, automatically my skin color change from "Brown" to white during the Winter time... It won't cost nothing!:laugh:

JJ

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
I guess poor sammy must be having some mental issues. By now he knows he won't be going to the hall of fame, he knows he lost the respect of most of baseball fans, he completely forgot about DR and is already losing the respect of the dominicans. He lost the respect of his wife after he threw that party in Casa de Campo with lots of "prepagos" for the guests, and now he's trying real hard to lose the respect of black people. Good thing he's sitting on a pile on millions to comfort him.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
He must swim in it or slather it on with a spatula.

i dunno. does he have a sex tape out yet? i have not really seen his skin apart from the face and hands. i googled his images and there is nothing without shirt. no beach photos either.

May 12, 2005
i dunno. does he have a sex tape out yet? i have not really seen his skin apart from the face and hands. i googled his images and there is nothing without shirt. no beach photos either.

My point is that is such a dramatic change in skin tone. Not just a little lightening

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
My point is that is such a dramatic change in skin tone. Not just a little lightening

i do not know how those creams work, to be honest. i naturally look like an arctic fox burrowing in a pile of fresh snow. any more white and i could work for p.t. barnum :(

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
oh really? on the picture i posted she is the same colour as kate moss. in reality, she ain't:

2wf00mr.jpg

First of all, she doesn't look like nothing like kate Moss complexion in the picture (at least to a black person). She has the yellow undertones that most light skin blacks have (you noticed she has natural green eyes ? which another proof of her mixed ancestry).

Second , you take any black person in professional picture or even with a flash they will appear much lighter. My daughter who is a light caramel complexion appears MUCH lighter in picture as soon as there is a flash (I would say it is much more obvious in her than me).

Then, add a little photoshop to that and this is what you get. Nothing to do with the sammy's issues. :tired:

Mar 1, 2009
I've been using skin darkener for years and it's working great! Maybe I can get those crazy light skinned barbarians, I mean barbadians to look like me, I got kinda sick of being called red 'mon at all the islander parties I used to go to.
Maybe I could sell my cream in that little slice of Jolly old England, Barbay2.
I would call it Black Delite mon!!!!

delite

Bronze
Oct 17, 2006
I've been using skin darkener for years and it's working great! Maybe I can get those crazy light skinned barbarians, I mean barbadians to look like me, I got kinda sick of being called red 'mon at all the islander parties I used to go to.
Maybe I could sell my cream in that little slice of Jolly old England, Barbay2.
I would call it Black Delite mon!!!!
Let us know how your sales are going or went. Maybe you were called "red man" because there are thousands of others with those features. Maybe it's something like Jabao(sp) in the DR :)

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Let us know how your sales are going or went. Maybe you were called "red man" because there are thousands of others with those features. Maybe it's something like Jabao(sp) in the DR :)

One minute they trying to explain us that being named after your complexion is nothing and the other minute it is not ? Or is it only OK for Dominicans ? Last time I checked everyone else did it :)

delite

Bronze
Oct 17, 2006
One minute they trying to explain us that being named after your complexion is nothing and the other minute it is not ? Or is it only OK for Dominicans ? Last time I checked everyone else did it :)

LC was trying to be humorous but he was neutralized :)

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
I guess poor sammy must be having some mental issues. By now he knows he won't be going to the hall of fame, he knows he lost the respect of most of baseball fans, he completely forgot about DR and is already losing the respect of the dominicans. He lost the respect of his wife after he threw that party in Casa de Campo with lots of "prepagos" for the guests, and now he's trying real hard to lose the respect of black people. Good thing he's sitting on a pile on millions to comfort him.

It isn't that bad. This happened this week; Sammy Sosa:

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Photo of the event that took place this week in Santo Domingo;

http://images2.listindiario.com/ima...0/0/ECDD683D-E600-4C5E-92AC-2A6FAEBAAE22.jpeg

All is forgiven in the Dominican world. Hey, lets look at the bright side. At least he didn't subjected himself to drastic plastic surgery or made a family by adopting white kids or any other crazy thing that a certain pop star did until the day he died. Sammy is different.

Status
Not open for further replies.