Sankie 101

Oche

Jan 6, 2004
I guess the worst thing that troubles the victims, specially women, is that the sankies that "perform" on a regular basis, they end up doing it for fun. What they don't care about (because they are so used to all imaginable human suffering: poverty, lack of opportunities, no education, etc) is that in most cases they hurt people's feelings. So for them is a pretty normal thing to do to play with people's minds.

Brooke

May 25, 2004
Oche said:
I guess the worst thing that troubles the victims, specially women, is that the sankies that "perform" on a regular basis, they end up doing it for fun. What they don't care about (because they are so used to all imaginable human suffering: poverty, lack of opportunities, no education, etc) is that in most cases they hurt people's feelings. So for them is a pretty normal thing to do to play with people's minds.

Thank You Oche!!! You said it perfectly, how caring you must be!!
I don't mean to say that "all" DR people are like this, but I think there
are a lot of them that are!!!

xamaicano

Apr 16, 2004
Brooke said:
I've read those threads. I know there are scam artists everywhere, it
just seems so prevelent in the DR. It's so obvious, they are all so friendly
like they've known you your whole life, and all they want is your money,
or sex!!

Before you go demonizing Dominican men, sankism isn't unique to DR. Besides, men lie to women all the time to get what they want. My guess is, the women who fall heavy for these guys don't get hit on a lot back home and are not use the hearing BS men will tell women. They are not that good. The women are just that naive.

Brooke

May 25, 2004
xamaicano said:
Before you go demonizing Dominican men, sankism isn't unique to DR. Besides, men lie to women all the time to get what they want. My guess is, the women who fall heavy for these guys don't get hit on a lot back home and are not use the hearing BS men will tell women. They are not that good. The women are just that naive.

I doubt the only women falling for these men are the women who don't
get hit on a lot, come on!! If a woman thinks someone is interested in
them why should'nt she believe them??

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
So what's the scoop here Brooke? I think you said you've found an educated sankie or is it an educated Dominican? Have you been sankified? You seem angry about something.
Men back home hit on women mostly to get into their pants so would you fall for someone that told you they liked you and wanted you the first time you meet? I don't think most would. Most people would wait to see what happens on the second and third date ect. The fantasy of far away lands and leaving your busy life behind makes normal people do crazy things sometimes.

xamaicano

Apr 16, 2004
Brooke said:
I doubt the only women falling for these men are the women who don't
get hit on a lot, come on!! If a woman thinks someone is interested in
them why should'nt she believe them??

That's your choice, I can't tell what to believe. I was merely pointing out that lying to women to get what they want is not unique to Dominican men. By the way, with each post I'm falling deeper and deeper in love with you.

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
xamaicano said:
That's your choice, I can't tell what to believe. I was merely pointing out that lying to women to get what they want is not unique to Dominican men. By the way, with each post I'm falling deeper and deeper in love with you.

And his sister/mother/brother/father is getting sicker and sicker and sicker...LOL

Gregg

Brooke

May 25, 2004
xamaicano said:

LOL - Your so funny!!
I guess I'm a sucker for nice looking men who give me
attention!!!

katty

Mar 14, 2003
You go girl

Anna Coniglio said:
So what's the scoop here Brooke? I think you said you've found an educated sankie or is it an educated Dominican? Have you been sankified? You seem angry about something.
Men back home hit on women mostly to get into their pants so would you fall for someone that told you they liked you and wanted you the first time you meet? I don't think most would. Most people would wait to see what happens on the second and third date ect. The fantasy of far away lands and leaving your busy life behind makes normal people do crazy things sometimes.
You tell em Anna!

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
So dull!!

Brooke said:
Dominican men should be actors!! They walk around pretending to be
someone they are not!!! How can they do this all the time, tell woman
so many lies, would they even know if they really cared for someone.
Do they walk around their whole life being con artists???
Generalizing, aren't you?. Maybe the ones that YOU have "encountered" are like that. Some would just pull the trigger as far as you let them, that said, it's up to you how far you let them pull.

Brooke

May 25, 2004
miguel said:
Generalizing, aren't you?. Maybe the ones that YOU have "encountered" are like that. Some would just pull the trigger as far as you let them, that said, it's up to you how far you let them pull.

Generalizing, no not really!! Let's just say It seems there are more walking around with an alterior motive then not!!!

Brooke

May 25, 2004
Anna Coniglio said:

I"m not angry, just disgusted. Come one, these men are so forward with
things they say, very agresssive, overly friendly.
I agree, most people will wait to see what happens before getting involved with someone.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Now you are not!!

Brooke said:
Generalizing, no not really!! Let's just say It seems there are more walking around with an alterior motive then not!!!
Ok, NOW you are not but when you say things like "dominican men" and "how can they do this all the time" to me and everyone it's generalizing!!. As I told you before, maybe the ones that you have "encountered" are like that. Tell me, or us, something, how bad did he hurt you?, and why did you believed all he said?.

Annita, baby, I am back for the weekend!!!!

Brooke

May 25, 2004
miguel said:
Ok, NOW you are not but when you say things like "dominican men" and "how can they do this all the time" to me and everyone it's generalizing!!. As I told you before, maybe the ones that you have "encountered" are like that. Tell me, or us, something, how bad did he hurt you?, and why did you believed all he said?.

Listen to what I'm saying, I'm not generalizing. I am talking about the
men who ARE Sankies, and their behavior that goes along with being one.
Why did I believe him, good question! Because I'm naive, to trusting.

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
quite frankly. I am always cautious of ANYONE who is overly aggressive here in NYC or in the DR or anywhere for that matter. I dunno...living here in the big city i am leery of anyone who comes on so strong so fast.

SO yeah....while not on vacation you have time to pull back...take a phone number and perhaps go on a few dates etc.

I remember meeting this one guy. I had known him for a bit of time from hanging out at this one place. He always dressed well, was well spoken...so i figured he had a decent job etc.. One night we ended up going out to a restaraunt after the bar.....and when the bill came he just sat there.

LUCKILY i had my credit card with me.....but this nyc sankie wannabe didnt get very far.

I do know a sankie in B.C. and I hang out with regularly when i am down there. (tho i dont play around with him anymore...but when i did i realized that he was just a part of the vacation package (and WHAT a PACKAGE!!! lol)....he was really a fantasy...i dont think i could ever see him adapting to my real life here in nyc).

My friend has never called me for money here. He does call on occasion...but just says hi....but never has asked for money on the phone. WHen i am there i do buy dinner sometimes....and will buy things for the family (such as milk and stuff like that....again..i dont just give him money blindly...i buy things that are appropriate....no to sunglasses...but maybe yes to a pair of sandles (since his were falling apart).

I also have no problem saying no. I am usualy on a budget so i cant buy the whole town dinner every night. So i have no problem saying that i just want some time alone.

SO yes i have been somewhat sankified.....but its a two way street and over the years we have maintained a friendship with mutual respect. But it is a FRIENDSHIP.....not someone whispering "i love you baby" in my ear.

Oh well...back to work and unfortunatey reality here for me.

Just wanted to give you a somewhat positive story of a sankie (oh...and so far no family members have become gravely ill over 5 years!!! lol)

jj

Brooke

May 25, 2004
miguel said:

How come when I go to other countries, like Mexico for example,
the men don't act like the sankies in the DR??

xamaicano

Apr 16, 2004
Brooke said:
How come when I go to other countries, like Mexico for example,
the men don't act like the sankies in the DR??

Mexico is not inundated with female sex tourists, so they have less oppurtunity to hone their skills. Try Cuba, Jamaica or Salvador, Brazil for similar action. Approach may be different but usually just as disingenuous.

Brooke

May 25, 2004
xamaicano said:
Mexico is not inundated with female sex tourists, so they have less oppurtunity to hone their skills. Try Cuba, Jamaica or Salvador, Brazil for similar action. Approach may be different but usually just as disingenuous.

So would it be accurate to say the DR is a good place to meet someone, who
wants to have sex with you, tell you a whole lot of lies, and see how much money they can get from you!!!

xamaicano

Apr 16, 2004
Brooke said:
So would it be accurate to say the DR is a good place to meet someone, who
wants to have sex with you, tell you a whole lot of lies, and see how much money they can get from you!!!

Look in most developing countries people in tourist areas will try to make money of tourist any way they can. They are not a reflection of the entire population. While some women would like to think that they trip and fell on some dick while on vacation, the reality is subconsiously or consiously they were hoping for it happen. Over the years these guys realized that these women needed the veneer of romance to justify there holiday fling, so they played that angle. Soon they realize that the combination of some good BS and good sex turn some women into twits. So if I am a attractive but broke dude in a tourist area, what do think I'm going to do?

Brooke

May 25, 2004
xamaicano said:
Look in most developing countries people in tourist areas will try to make money of tourist any way they can. They are not a reflection of the entire population. While some women would like to think that they trip and fell on some dick while on vacation, the reality is subconsiously or consiously they were hoping for it happen. Over the years these guys realized that these women needed the veneer of romance to justify there holiday fling, so they played that angle. Soon they realize that the combination of some good BS and good sex turn some women into twits. So if I am a attractive but broke dude in a tourist area, what do think I'm going to do?

GET A JOB!!!