Sankie traits

wendy_s

Oct 26, 2005
Miss Know-It-All?

I just don't have that much time or interest in the subject.

Seriously, you coulda fooled me too!!! Not to be rude but you seem to have a lot of time on your hand...talking about something you know nothing about. Honestly, get yourself to the DR and experience the country and all the beauty that it has to offer instead of wasting your time researching, analyzing and writing about sankies.

Ay ay ay!!! :bored:

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
My interest actually was mostly not in the sankies themselves but in why women get attracted to men who don't do much for them and actually use them. Just the same way as some men get attracted to women who are able to use them and their money. I guess codependancy is something that makes people "easy to get."

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
My interest actually was mostly not in the sankies themselves but in why women get attracted to men who don't do much for them and actually use them.
For the same reason those with low self-esteem come to the DR for cheap sex. Everybody needs a little, and they can't get it at home...and wimminzes like all that "attention with an agenda", even when they convince themselves it is otherwise.

I have little sympathy for an adult that gets themselves into these situations.

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
My interest actually was mostly not in the sankies themselves but in why women get attracted to men who don't do much for them and actually use them. Just the same way as some men get attracted to women who are able to use them and their money. I guess codependancy is something that makes people "easy to get."

You and cobraboy have to realize that MOST of the women that get sankiefied, go to DR on vacation, without the slightest IDEA that this could happen to them...

Hey, I went the first time with a group from work, we were having a great time, we had the place almost to ourselves, and I was still fooled...for a little while...

After I came back and did some research I realized what could have happened, and even that didn't dampen my wishes to keep visiting the country...

Yes, most of the women that are preyed upon are older, overweight, with low self-esteem, whatever you want to call it...but I have also seen with my own eyes very pretty, slim, educated young girls get the same treatment...

For the boys, it's just a way out of poverty...realize that...without even going into the psychological aspect of it, and for the girls, the way they get treated at the beginning, it's something like they've never experienced before in their lives...simple as that...

Avrora...trust me...you don't stand a chance...you keep talking nonsense and you are gonna be the one that falls the hardest for one of your 'subjects'...

They actually DO a lot for them, for the short period of time the women spend in the resorts, they get something they might not have ever gotten otherwise in their lives...the bad part, the asking for money and all that, doesn't come until they are back in their own countries...Hopefully they read these stories here and learn something...but as Anna said...you don't learn until it happens to you...

cobraboy said:
For the same reason those with low self-esteem come to the DR for cheap sex. Everybody needs a little, and they can't get it at home...and wimminzes like all that "attention with an agenda", even when they convince themselves it is otherwise.

I have little sympathy for an adult that gets themselves into these situations.

What the heck are you talking about? Why do you think that women go there specifically for the cheap sex? What about the men??? MOST women have NO IDEA what goes on, and that's why they fall trap to the sankies...'cause if they KNEW it would be SO EASY to just get what they needed (cheap sex, as you put it) and then be done with the whole thing...

It seems to me you have little sympathy for anyone, trust me...I know a few guys that have been 'sankiettefied' also...although NONE would admit it publicly...especially not HERE...

MQ

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003
Did anyone ever stop to think how this sankie phenomen started in the first place?

Did one man start it all off by vicimizing one woman, spread the story around to all his co-workers about how easy it is to get free stuff etc., then they all joined in the con game?

Was it the perverted old men coming to the island for the sex trade, giving the woman money, gifts etc., then the woman going back to brothers,cousins etc. and telling them to take advantage of the female tourists and they will get the same stuff?

Who knows, but I think it runs parrallel to the drug trade - where there is demand there is product. To stop it - do you go after the buyers to get to the cartel? To stop the sankie profession, do you go after the woman/men to get to the sankie?

Hmmmm.:cross-eye

Marlie

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
It seems to me you have little sympathy for anyone, trust me...I know a few guys that have been 'sankiettefied' also...although NONE would admit it publicly...especially not HERE...

MQ
Oh, don't get me wrong. I am fully aware of the same low-esteem issues the males who go and try to change a puta into a housewife.

Do I have sympathy for someone who has enough brains to work and afford a foreign vacation, but them lose all those brains when being wooed by a sankie?

Nope. Unless someone could convince me something physiological occurs in the brain to make tourists (male and unmale) lose all intellectual reason.

We are responsible for our actions.

Caveat Emptor.

Last edited by a moderator:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I think women are by nature are very generous and caring creatures and we have a need to help and comfort. So yes it could have started with one woman feeling sorry for what they see outside the resort and offering help in the way of sending money,clothes, gifts etc.

The word spread to each corner of the land and soon the charming of the charmest ( are those real words) want to be near these generous creatures to get their share of goods.

The truly talented moved up from a new shirt to a new cidipley and then on to a visa out of the country. The word spread that all you had to do is be a charmer and you too could have free flights out of the country.

Anyone ever notice that the nice shy guys that cut grass and hardly speak to the tourist never get out ;)

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
You and cobraboy have to realize that MOST of the women that get sankiefied, go to DR on vacation, without the slightest IDEA that this could happen to them...

MQ
Just a personal, first-hand anecdote:

I recently spent 3 nites at an AI in Samana as a base to explore the peninsula. It was off-season, and the resort was maybe about 40% full at best, so folks stood out.

I counted 12...T W E L V E...rather "fluffy", mature German touristettes that CLEARLY knew WHY they were there. There was NO mistaking their actions toward the male resort staff. I doubt they were "surprised" at all...:cool:

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
I am not saying that it can never happen to me. I am not trying to say I am different from anyone here. What I am trying to figure is how not to allow this to happen. That is what that article said is when someone with overextended ego and view of themselves meets someone who is codependent - maybe with lower self perception, self esteem, ego, etc. - this is when they click - this great hormone connection, love and passion takes place.

So, to avoid this happening women or men should try viewing themselves and others from more objective stand point - look at the actual reality and not what that the other person thinks of himself/herself trying to convince others of his/her being a "god's sent" to everybody.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
look at the actual reality

Reality seems to be lost going through metal detector ;)

I think being logical and telling others what to do and watch for is a waste of time when you haven't been there yet.

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
Reality seems to be lost going through metal detector ;)

I think being logical and telling others what to do and watch for is a waste of time when you haven't been there yet.

I know, I am also trying to tell this to myself:) I have met people like that in the US. They are everywhere, DR is not the only place to get sankified ;)

suitelady79

Sep 20, 2006
Either way, I agree with Anna, I don't think that Sankies are that complicated. As I read through the original post, I thought that most of the things posted there are things that you won't even get a chance to know about a person until weeks later or months even. I just don't think it accurately describes sankies at all.

Audra

Bronze
Mar 19, 2006
I think women are by nature are very generous and caring creatures and we have a need to help and comfort. So yes it could have started with one woman feeling sorry for what they see outside the resort and offering help in the way of sending money,clothes, gifts etc.

The word spread to each corner of the land and soon the charming of the charmest ( are those real words) want to be near these generous creatures to get their share of goods.

The truly talented moved up from a new shirt to a new cidipley and then on to a visa out of the country. The word spread that all you had to do is be a charmer and you too could have free flights out of the country.

Anyone ever notice that the nice shy guys that cut grass and hardly speak to the tourist never get out ;)

Anna, you've said this before and I truly believe this to be true.

I also believe that women go down there knowing that the guys there all want visas to leave the country, but soon discover, that most really don't. The sankies have an easy life there. I think women think they are safe if the sankie doesn't ask her to marry him right there on the spot, so they believe maybe its true, he really is just a nice guy who wants to get to know me better. Then, the sanktification begins.

My 2 cents

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
Help ... please I need help and comfort ... where are all the caring, helpful, comforting creatures???:ermm:

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
sankie traits

without getting too psychological, but philosophical instead, where the language mirrors the subject: sankies are greedy and lazy, that's all.

i still cannot get over those girls who fall under sakie's spell. like, are they brain damaged or something?

shad, i am ready to help you and take you under my wings. how much money have you got? we need money to finish our apartment.....

oh, forgotten, i have betrayed my true intentions!