Sankies and Safe Sex

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
She spent very little time explaining the fact that these younger women are put in this situation because they have 2, 3 or more children from Dominican boyfriends who don't use condoms or pay support.

This is difficult to understand for us in the states, but the lack of power and support that women receive in the DR, combined with that fact that it is a male-dominated society certainly explains why this still goes on in this day and age.

I suspect because of these factors dominican women can't just demand that their lovers use condoms because their requests would be disregarded.

Marino4u

Oct 24, 2007
The incidence of STD's and HIV in the DR is higher than the people in the island will admit. A study by the World Health Organization (WHO) is predicting it may hit epidemic proportions. The problem is lack of resources in the DR to educate people about the risks of unsafe sex. Unfortunately, people in the DR, specially men, don't really care.
If anyone is going to have sex in the DR, with men or women, they should be sure to get protection at all times. I know a few woman that have come back home to find that they have an STD and are surprised since they thought the man they met was so clean...
Also, and this is sad, I know a woman that came back after spending time with a DR man and found she has contracted the HIV virus.
So, please, PLEASE be careful.

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
Approved and Certified

i know at the resort i stayed at, they get tested every 3 months, not only for hiv but drugs and such too. thats animacion though, not sure for the others

1. How can you know?
Did they have a stamp "passed" on their buttocks?

2. This seems to be a hard to die myth anyway.
I prefer to believe that it's just another sankieline ("Soy serio, limpio y examinado...").

3. Three months?
'Animaci?n' ought to be tested daily.

m'frog

joyterrell1

Feb 18, 2008
Di he want to initially or say anything like I don't like to us e condoms?

Hiya,
Ive visited the DR a few times and have slept with the same guy each time.
We always used a condom and it wasnt just me who suggested it. We just automatically did!

Hope this helps. I know there will be some interesting remarks from others!

My boyfriend, there, initially said that, but when we decide to do it he had one with him and so did I. I think about visiting him again and want to tell him in advance to get a test--so will I and we'll show our papers to eachother. I still don't think it's safe, because you are supposed to stay monogomus for 6 months and get tested again. I just think it's risky if you aren't with them for a long period, and don't know for sure if they are faithful.:ermm:

sherri

Jan 25, 2006
My boyfriend, there, initially said that, but when we decide to do it he had one with him and so did I. I think about visiting him again and want to tell him in advance to get a test--so will I and we'll show our papers to eachother. I still don't think it's safe, because you are supposed to stay monogomus for 6 months and get tested again. I just think it's risky if you aren't with them for a long period, and don't know for sure if they are faithful.:ermm:

for sure..NO ;)

paddy

Silver
Oct 4, 2003
Some of these guys are "bisexual" if there is such a thing..that adds another dimension to this STD problem...

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
my guide book tells me a lot of men here are bi-sexual ....no evidence so far - I think stds are the same whoever you catch them off of

Lapurr

Bronze
Jan 25, 2008
showing papers to each other? ummm cmon girl get real!! first of all if it's a week to get results here in Canada, how long will in take in DR? OK give them the benefit of the doubt, they may be on top of this, if their results come in sooner...why wouldnt you go with him to get tested? Screw that...i wouldnt be lookin at no papers and saying...oh how nice you were clean 3 weeks ago!! lets shag no condom required!! Helllllll Noooooooo!
Herpes=Forever
Aids=Death
....ouuu but i hear they got goo sh!t to calm the itch, during
breakouts!!
Use a condom, Doctor's notes are for when you get married!!