Sankies, Women Scorned, A Difficult Situation

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Truer words were never spoken.....

Malibook said:
Those are the lucky ones.
Some of them are not allowed on the internet anymore.
Some are being physically and mentally abused.
Some of them are living a nightmare in a virtual prison.
They are free to make their beds and they are free to leave or stay.:tired:

Yes, some of those we never hear from anymore are in dire straights indeed.
Some are still dillusional (sp?) and are here on the island hoping to make a 'go' of the relationship while their 'partner' continues to play on their emotions and/or lack of self esteem.
Some are so bitter, they'll never lead a 'happy' life.
Some are fortunate enough to have gotten off the island with their life intact and/or their hearts and bank accounts broken.

Also sometimes other posters quote parts of previous posts out of context and moderators merging threads can 'change' the intent or focus of what has been posted!

I cringe everytime I read/hear or see a 'sankie' story, a woman scorned or a difficult situation.
My heart goes out to those I've come to know when I see them being used, abused and taken advantage of.

A.J.

Jan 2, 2002
I personally have no problem with the women who go and use men for sex and vice versa - in the end they are using each other. I also enjoy seeing strong relationships between foriegners and dominicans.

What I do have a problem with are the ones (almost all women) who come crying to the message board that they were taken for some money, they had been in love but found out he had others, and then get mad at any of the other posters who let them know the reality. Also when there situation is a play by play by the book sanky relationship, and they are informed of warning signs i.e. sick mother, pampers for the baby, and the involved party gets an attitude with everyone except for those who say follow your heart, and when it does and gets broken they want to advertise the guy's name everywhere.

I think there are many posters (especially ones who have over 4 posts) who feel the same way.

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
A.J. said:
I personally have no problem with the women who go and use men for sex and vice versa - in the end they are using each other. I also enjoy seeing strong relationships between foriegners and dominicans.

What I do have a problem with are the ones (almost all women) who come crying to the message board that they were taken for some money, they had been in love but found out he had others, and then get mad at any of the other posters who let them know the reality. Also when there situation is a play by play by the book sanky relationship, and they are informed of warning signs i.e. sick mother, pampers for the baby, and the involved party gets an attitude with everyone except for those who say follow your heart, and when it does and gets broken they want to advertise the guy's name everywhere.

I think there are many posters (especially ones who have over 4 posts) who feel the same way.

EXACTLY A.J.!!! EXACTLY!!! :)

These women have been warned, but they still do not listen to us.

Some women just never learn.

susy

Sep 30, 2004
Everyone has to learn their own lessons in life. It's almost like when your parents use to tell you don't do it and it made you want it even more. the more the posters on here try to warns these women about sankies the more then want to go against them and say...oh no, not my man...he's no sankie.

No one can tell a female how to run her life...especially some stranger.Above all else with these relationships with the sankies it's giving these womans something....a feeling of self worth, confidence and a sence of waking up each morning feeling like hey someone out there loves me. it might be true it might not. Either way it's these women's own opinions to either continue or end thier relationships.

also, in my own opinion, what does a man really know about love anyways?? i mean these guys who come on here sharing thier views about sankies and hey they're using you for your money attitudes. Honestly what makes them so different. So man men go down to dominican and pay for sex upfront, a different woman each night, thinking there some hot macho stud. meanwhile they're an over the hill, balding, fat with no class but they think they're the king of the world when they got 5 chicas beconing at thier every call to satify they're needs while thier down there. Instead these women, go down on vacation, meet a guy they like, spend some quality time getting to know eachother, then sends him money afterwards to support his habits. The male tourists have the upfront payments, the female tourists have a differed payment plan. Either way, they both getting laid but hot beautiful poor people who only know how to use thier bodies to make a way of living. It's up to each of us to just make the most of it or get out when you're fed up.

chuckuindy

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
Potato_Salad said:
EXACTLY A.J.!!! EXACTLY!!! :)

they still do not listen to us.

Some women just never learn.

I hate to be cruel, but here goes. Mr. P.S. please tell us a little about your love experiences in the DR. BTW, just how many times have you been to the DR, and where do you stay, AI?s? How many Dominican men and women do you actually know? Oh yes, do you happen to speak any Spanish?

It is so easy to give flip answers and post little meaningless photos, (not that I have never done so myself) but many of these folks want and need real answers and help to their perceived problems.

Chuckuindy

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
chuckuindy said:
I hate to be cruel, but here goes. Mr. P.S. please tell us a little about your love experiences in the DR. BTW, just how many times have you been to the DR, and where do you stay, AI’s? How many Dominican men and women do you actually know? Oh yes, do you happen to speak any Spanish?

It is so easy to give flip answers and post little meaningless photos, (not that I have never done so myself) but many of these folks want and need real answers and help to their perceived problems.

Chuckuindy

I went to grad school with a Dominican classmate of mine. He invited me to visit the DR. I have been to the DR 6 times. I visit Santo Domingo.

I do not go to the DR to look for love. I go there to take a break, enjoy the sun, drink a beer, hang out with my friends, and hook up with a few girls. Nothing more. No Western union, no marry me, none of that B.S.

I give members here my honest opinion. I warn them to wake up from their dream. I hate seeing people here get hurt. Not only getting their hearts broke, but a much thinner wallet. Come on, we are all grown-ups. There are so many threads here to warn them. But they still do not listen.

I do not know any Spanish. But I do speak English, a little bit of Chinese, and Korean.

Since you like to get into my business and ask so many questions, I have a question for you--"Shouldn't you be dating women your own age?"

If you have a problem with me, feel free and PM me.

:bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny:

Last edited:

chuckuindy

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
Potato_Salad said:
If you have a problem with me, feel free and PM me.

No thanks, I believe you answered all of my questions. I now understand why you are a highly qualified expert on all things Dominican.

Oh BTW, my Dominican women seem to have no problem with any age difference and they are all over 21 years old.

Chuckuindy

Malibook

Bronze
Jan 23, 2002
www.yourtraveltickets.com
susy said:
also, in my own opinion, what does a man really know about love anyways?? i mean these guys who come on here sharing thier views about sankies and hey they're using you for your money attitudes. Honestly what makes them so different. So man men go down to dominican and pay for sex upfront, a different woman each night, thinking there some hot macho stud. meanwhile they're an over the hill, balding, fat with no class but they think they're the king of the world when they got 5 chicas beconing at thier every call to satify they're needs while thier down there.
The difference is that guys don't come on here and try to tell everybody that their hookers are actually sweet innocent angels.
And they don't come here professing their love and then whine about how such a sweet lovely lady told them a bunch of bullsh!t and conned them for some money.
Guys don't feel the need to come here and whine about the decisions they freely chose to make.
I think that if a guy posts a pathetic tale of woe, he will receive the same sort of responses as any woman.
That's why I never told you all about the sweet princess I met at Cristals who I supported for 3 years.
I supported her and paid for her education and her entire family's medical bills.
After paying the vet bills for her sick chickens, pigs, goats, and cows, I started to get a bit suspicious when she told me about her ill water buffalo.:surprised :ermm:
I also started to wonder about all the background music and noise when she was supposed to be at home studying.:surprised :eek:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Malibook said:
I supported her and paid for her education and her entire family's medical bills.
After paying the vet bills for her sick chickens, pigs, goats, and cows, I started to get a bit suspicious when she told me about her ill water buffalo.:surprised :ermm:
I also started to wonder about all the background music and noise when she was supposed to be at home studying.:surprised :eek:

You kill me, that's funny! :laugh:

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
chuckuindy said:
No thanks, I believe you answered all of my questions. I now understand why you are a highly qualified expert on all things Dominican.

Oh BTW, my Dominican women seem to have no problem with any age difference and they are all over 21 years old.

Chuckuindy

I'm no expert on all things Dominican. That's why I come to this website to learn and have a better understanding.

And the women you meet better be over 21 years old.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I happen to know Chuckuindy is a man of the finest moral fiber.
He would not date women less than 21 years his junior!

Charlie I hope you are feeling better.

I believe Mr Potato Dumpling is just a little post happy and misunderstood by some.

redberry

Jul 30, 2004
Very difficult sitiation, no doubt

I have been reading all the posts about sankies, women scorned by sankies, men trying to come to DR and find their woman of quality, etc, and thought I would put in my three cents, particularly about women who come to DR and end up being used/abused. I think that both men and women who come to vacation in DR or places like this (tropical, sunny, etc.) have this fantasy of how wonderful life must be in these countries. The men are cuter, the women sexier, the people friendlier, because its DR! Its sunny and hot and you're surrounded by crystal blue water and you are there sipping on presidents and learning to dance merengue and if this is the type of life everyone leads here, then its just paradise. I have been living in DR for over 5 years now, and one thing I have noticed is that if all you do is go to resotrs and other touristy places, it is so easy to romanticize DR in that way. The big difference however, is the way that men and women handle this fantasy. On many levels, women are more intelligent than men (now no one needs to get offended over this, I am not saying men are stupid at all) but what does us in just about everytime is our emotions. Men can come to DR and have fun, and know that its just that, fun. Women who come here often get caught in the "How Stella Got Her Groove Back" fantasy and hope to fly back home with the hot Carribbean man of their dreams.

A few months ago, I had a friend who came to visit. She was immediately impressed by the men, when all i could see was the norm of what you would see anywhere (good looking ones, ugly ones, old ones, young ones, smart ones, dumb ones, etc.) We went to Boca Chica one day and she comes back to our lounge chairs with these two "hunks" (in her eyes). I took one look at them and knew what was up: two tigres not about anything hoping to score (either sexually or financially). They even knew a few words of English, which impressed my friend, who was eager to talk to real locals. When they invited me to go into the water, I politely declined, but my friend went with them and I could see her way out there, chatting away and having a merry old time flanked by these two guys giving her 200% attention. When she came back, she wondered why i was being distant with the guys, and I told her, listen, I have been living here a few years and I could tell who is worth talking to and who is not." I asked her if she asked what they did and she said no. When they came back, I asked the guys what they did, and it turns out that they sold water in Zona Colonial. Now I asked my friend, "Back in the States, would you talk to someone like that, no, so why are you going to come and do that here?" Before we left, we stopped at a colmado where we saw the two guys again. They barely acknowledged us which did not surprise me since they had ascertained they weren't getting anything from us, and wen went on our way home. If I had not been there to school my friend, she could have ended up sleeping with one of these guys and getting caught up in the sankie fever. All of us want to have that wild fantasy come true, you go on vacation to some exotic place and meet a sexy man whom you sweep into your suitcase and take home with you. But what women don't realize is that these men don't operate in a vacuum. They don't practice those smooth lines by standing in front of a mirror. Like those men we met at Boca Chica, it doesn't take anything away from them to shower you with attention because the potential benefits far outweigh their investment (because really, they are not investing much in you, while you on the other hand are investing emotions, time, energy, maybe even money on them). If t doesn't work with you, well it will work on someone else, EVENTUALLY and they have nothing to lose. So as women, we need to stop being so vulnerable, because its a game that is being played.
Also, to deal with the typical, raw, Latino/Carribbean male ( someone unexposed to modern ways of interacting with the opposite sex, who knows nothing other than the machista culture he was raised in), you need to have cojones, you really do. The men in Europe and the States are most often completely different from the men here, but women come with their Western world ideologies, thinking that they can apply it to these men, and that they will magically comply with it. As women, we have that need to nurture, and help men out, and if there is one basic thing that Latin men know, its the vulnerabilities of women. Actually, its not Latin men only, I think its any man who considers himself a player; he learns about women's weaknesses, what we want and play on that.
In all fairness to the men and women in DR however, I cannot blame. For tourists that do venture outside of the resorts to visit the cities and towns of this country, life is ROUGH. That is when you see how lucky we are as foreigners, because if I were in their shoes, I would be trying to market myself as well to see if I could get lucky and get the hell out of here, too. So as long as a product finds a buyer......
I hate it though when I read these stories of women being taken advantage of by men here, but my advice is this: Whatever you would or woruln't do in your own country, apply those same principles when you are on vacation. And if you see a guy on the beach selling ice cream, or even working as a wiater in a resort, its not like in the States. He isn't putting himself through school and doin this on the side. he is what he is, a man stuggling to make a living in a developing country, who will take WHATEVER lucky break he find faster than you can say New York. Sorry for the long post, but like I said, this was my 3 cents worth!! ;)

stormer

Apr 27, 2004
Nelly said:
I'm saying that these situations have their own unique circumstances and unless you have all the facts you really shouldn't judge. My comments are in response to the general sentiment that the women is dumb so she deserves what she gets. In many cases, this just isn't true or fair to say.

Thank you Nelly......often times all we hear on this board, is how dumb the woman are, and its all their fault that is happening, usually there is alot more to the story, than meets the eye.......:ermm:

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
Tamborista said:
I happen to know Chuckuindy is a man of the finest moral fiber.
He would not date women less than 21 years his junior!

Charlie I hope you are feeling better.

I believe Mr Potato Dumpling is just a little post happy and misunderstood by some.

I come to these threads to warn women not to get used by Sankies.

There are so many useful threads that warn women about Sankies.

Tamborista, you do not know me at all. But if you want to continue to make fun of me, then send me a PM and I would be more than happy to be more open and responsive towards you.

As for Chuckuindy, a PM will be sent to you shortly.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Actually I just finished a huge homecooked Italian meal.
You can help me, I can not decide between the Mini-Cannoli or Tiramisu.
Do you mind posting pictures of both?

stormer

Apr 27, 2004
Tamborista said:

LOL, oh I must admit this made me chuckle, quite hard.

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
Tamborista said:

Learn. Its very simple.

Even a person like you can do it (I think......yet again.)

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
I just purchased a set of those things you use to do push-ups, a core stability ball and an exercise mat. With a few free weights and a jump-rope, I have a virtual home gym.

My goal now is to go to the DR buff as can be and sankify some of you idiot female tourists who can't understand that if you don't get attention at home from men but recieve it in the DR its' not because you're hot. Its' because you're a tourist.

Please let me know where you'll be-on second thought, I know how to find you. You'll be the ones hanging out by yourselves on the beach pretending to read a book while you stare at my impossibly ripped abs and lean buttocks as I walk by.

chuckuindy

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
Potato_Salad said:
As for Chuckuindy, a PM will be sent to you shortly.
First of all, thanks for the PM. I think I would prefer to keep this in the public domain, however. My feeling is that unless you are a Sankie, know a real life Sankie, or personally know a man or woman who has been doped by a Sankie, your advice is worthless.

Regardless of what you write about Sankies, hundreds of men and women this tourist season will be approached. Some will see the charade and some won?t. Nothing you say will make any difference. These people are professional at what they do and no one really knows their motives. Sankies are no different than gigolos?, or gold-digger?s in other parts of the world.

If the men and women who are hurt by Sankies in the Dominican Republic want to cry about it, let the do so. They have no one to blame than themselves. If they are smart enough to buy an airplane ticket, find a hotel, rent a car, then they should be smart enough to realize that some hot Dominican wants more of them than their old fat bodies. (I knew that from the first time I landed on the Island)

Warn them all you want P.S., but your words will fall on deaf ears. The best thing you will ever be able to do is to explain why they are Sankies in the first place, to achieve a mejore vida, which we are all looking for.

Chuckuindy

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
If you want to keep this in the public domain, that is fine with me. But you did not answer my questions in my PM sent to you.

I find it funny how you suddenly jump into my post and tell me how my posts are flip answers and that I post little meaningless photos.

For example, one member wanted me to post traditional Korean food for him in his thread. So I did. Is that considered meaningless? I get a few PMs from members who wanted me to teach them how to post pics. Is that considered meaningless?

I post my opinions here (just like everyone else). Some may agree and some may disagree which is fine with me. But for you to come out and tell me that my posts are flip answers is a bit "silly" (<--I used a nice word for you lol). Especially coming from a mature (60-year-old) person like yourself.

I enjoy having you and everyone here. I learned a lot from all of you which I greatly appreciate.

But your post was a "surprise" (<--I used another nice word for you lol). Go back to your post in the previous page and you will see what I mean.

Thank you and good night Charlie.

chuckuindy said:
First of all, thanks for the PM. I think I would prefer to keep this in the public domain, however. My feeling is that unless you are a Sankie, know a real life Sankie, or personally know a man or woman who has been doped by a Sankie, your advice is worthless.

Regardless of what you write about Sankies, hundreds of men and women this tourist season will be approached. Some will see the charade and some won’t. Nothing you say will make any difference. These people are professional at what they do and no one really knows their motives. Sankies are no different than gigolos’, or gold-digger’s in other parts of the world.

If the men and women who are hurt by Sankies in the Dominican Republic want to cry about it, let the do so. They have no one to blame than themselves. If they are smart enough to buy an airplane ticket, find a hotel, rent a car, then they should be smart enough to realize that some hot Dominican wants more of them than their old fat bodies. (I knew that from the first time I landed on the Island)

Warn them all you want P.S., but your words will fall on deaf ears. The best thing you will ever be able to do is to explain why they are Sankies in the first place, to achieve a mejore vida, which we are all looking for.

Chuckuindy

Last edited: