Santo Domingo carnival

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
THERE IS A BIG BILLBOARD IN SANTO DOMINGO THAT LISTS FEB 25. WHICH IS A SUNDAY SO I GUESS THAT IS IT. I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO GET INFO IN ADVANCE FOR THIS EVENT FOR 3 YEARS. NOT SURE WHAT THE MIN. OF TOURISM DOES. THEY NEED TO PUBLICIZE DATES ALMOST YEAR IN ADVANCE IF THEY WANT TO ATTRACT FOREIGNERS TO THIS EVENT. ..............................................

They have the publicized date for the Final Carnaval in Santo Domingo so screwed up this year it is a shame......

Early on in the thread it was reported the Carnaval is on the 25th. Later on the same poster saw a news broadcast it is on March 4th. You saw a billboard it will be the 25th while

this link states san pedro de macoris will have Carnaval on the 25th. I saw a billboard SD este is having Carnaval 25th along with La Vega............

How does one invite the best from other cities to Carnaval Finale when their own city will be hosting Carnaval.

Minister of Tourism screwed up BIG time this year..................

There are actually people in this world who would love to know the date six months in advance so they could plan their vacation around Carnaval Finale.................. once again, SMH

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
OK, talk about screwing things up ...............

Carnaval Grande Santo Domingo is as usual tomorrow the first Sunday of March................

https://dominicantoday.com/dr/touri...tals-shorefront-readies-for-raucous-carnival/ (March 2, 2018)

Santo Domingo.- In several spots along the capital’s Malecon (George Washington Av.) Culture Ministry workers and technicians work hard Fri. preparing to stage Santo Domingo’s National Carnival Parade, starting 2pm Sunday.

The traditional gigantic stage has been erected from where dozens of senior officials, guests and personalities will enjoy the parade, which will have the participation of the 138 dance troupes and floats which won the local carnivals celebrated in towns and provinces across the Dominican Republic.

An area has also been set up for the nearly 200 national and foreign journalists who will from a comfortable vantage point cover the historically raucous parade, organized by the Culture Ministry and the National Carnival Commission.

The Malecon is festooned in carnival, with decorations placed on trees and light posts.