SDQ Airport Taxis

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
My cell carrier in USA is AT&T, absolutely positively NOT free data roaming internationally. What I'd save using Uber would be eaten up by those fees, and then some.

I happen to have a DR phone too, but the average tourist does not.

Thanks AE, exactly what I am saying. To us "seasoned" DR travelers it is one thing as compared to a tourist it's another. Before this new online service by the taxi mafia I never had a good thing to say about the "yellow shirt guys". The taxi mafia has made in my opinion a major improvement and I am not ashamed to pat them on the back for it.

Like you AE I switch from USA to DR sim card while on the tarmac so data is no problem but still that few extra bucks for the convenience of the airport taxi is something to consider.

Sylvie Chartier

Jan 14, 2015
I was at SDQ last week and there was no free WiFi to my knowledge. I asked a few different people in the food court and they each said that the only option for WiFi is the little coffee shop. When I went to the coffee shop, the clerk told me that I must purchase 2 waters to get the WiFi passcode. For that reason, I took a taxi instead of using Uber.

Lucky you only had to buy two bottle of water. I was delayed once in POP and in order to get Wi-Fi, I had to buy a cerveza... You know the one written 110$ on it for as little as 330$. So NO FREE Wi-Fi at the airport.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
My cell carrier in USA is AT&T, absolutely positively NOT free data roaming internationally. What I'd save using Uber would be eaten up by those fees, and then some.

I happen to have a DR phone too, but the average tourist does not.

Check out T-Mobile AE......free International data...

All the survey says it beats AT&T and Verizon, hands down