shootout in cabarete leaves 5 injured

visitante

Jun 5, 2010
The police were not at the scene to close Kahuna, because Kahuna as well as the other bars were already closed by 3am and the incident occurred on the street at 3:15am. A reliable source tells me the altercation started as a fight over some chica and the police attempted to control the situation.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Harley, I could not agree more. What a fiasco if this is not even close to reality. How could the news media be so wrong? Just a rumor mill with no due diligence.

visitante

Jun 5, 2010
The rest of the original story was true. Captured on video now in the possession of the fiscals. The police are looking for the 3 local guys who attacked the police. I expect they will be found, but whether they make it alive to the fiscals is another matter.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
The rest of the original story was true. Captured on video now in the possession of the fiscals. The police are looking for the 3 local guys who attacked the police. I expect they will be found, but whether they make it alive to the fiscals is another matter.

So that is amazing. Just the actual location was wrong. What great reporting.

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
Was the music a live band or disco music?

At what time is the actual curfew in Sosua and Cabarete ?

being a resonable person im sure that a club can operate w/lower volume just fine....if im wrong please inform me...

rfp

Gold
Jul 5, 2010
sounds like a great place for a holiday...

why put your life at risk when florida and mexico are better and cheaper ?

franco1111

Bronze
May 29, 2013
Gringo

You should get off this wrong view of Mexico. Ever hear of La Familia? New Generation? Sure, the hotel zone in Cancun might be safe. But the mayor was convicted of taking money to allow cartel to operate in the city of Cancun. Seen the stories from Acupulco?

Y mira:

Jalisco New Generation Cartel

The Jalisco New Generation Cartel is one of the newest and fastest-growing drug-trafficking criminal groups in Mexico. They are currently fighting the Knights Templar Cartel and Los Zetas for control of the cities of Guadalajara, Jalisco and the states of Michoac?n and Veracruz. The CJNG also operates in the states of Nayarit, Colima, and Guanajuato.

rfp do you live in the DR or frequent it? You seem to think it is a lot more dangerous than it is. I am a very paranoid person about my safety especially at home or in my car but if you use common sense and things you would do anyways in most cities it really isn't that bad.

I'll take the DR anyday over Florida and Mexico!!!

sosuamatt

Bronze
Jul 29, 2013
rfp do you live in the DR or frequent it? You seem to think it is a lot more dangerous than it is. I am a very paranoid person about my safety especially at home or in my car but if you use common sense and things you would do anyways in most cities it really isn't that bad.

I'll take the DR anyday over Florida and Mexico!!!
I know you will Easton. But then you are really 'gangsta'. Seriously even on our cowboy north coast if you are aware of your surroundings and exercise a modicum of common sense you just might survive.