Snakes in Santiago

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
Great, another pompous a$$...
Pythons and constictors can give a nasty bite!!!They have rows of needle like teeth that point inwards and thier mouths are full of nasty bacteria....
I hope one bites you in your fat you know what...
We,ll see who is the poor fellow...

Just stay the f..k away from them. You sound like one who has nightmares about snakes, poor boy;)

puryear270

Bronze
Aug 26, 2009
Pythons and constictors can give a nasty bite!!!They have rows of needle like teeth that point inwards and thier mouths are full of nasty bacteria....

As I mentioned, I HATE snakes. Can't stand the darn things, whether they are four inches long or fourteen feet long, venomous or innocuous.

But from my experience of having encountered many in the wild and even in an urban backyard, I have found that they only bite humans if provoked or accidentally encountered (i.e., stepped on).

In general, snakes really don't like humans all that much, it seems, and would rather avoid us. I think it's because we smell funny. Or it could be because we tend to attack first and think secondly, sort of like on DR1.

Last edited:

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Could it be an imported Anaconda? It has that size.

It easily be a smaller member of the python family. Say that 4x4 is 6' wide, by the looks of it you get 3 side by side on that road=18', the snake is around 2/3 the width of the road 12'ish. Not massive by python scales (scales haha)
I don't even think this place has had the research that it deserves, I expect we have quite a few surprises hidden away in more remote areas of this land.

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010

I am a pompous a$$ because I care for my environment and the things I share this planet with?
Sorry bud, but this planet is in the mess it is in because of people like yourself who would prefer to kill what you don't understand, and obviously you don't. Like I said, people from well educated countries have absolutely no excuse for ignorance, we live day to day around the importance of preserving our environment and repairing that of the species which we have destroyed.
If you don't care, cool, carry on, most people don't unfortunately, but don't insult those of us that do and go a certain degree pick up after those that don't.

heliace

On Vacation!
Mar 27, 2004
No nightmares here... I,m just not happy about having large snakes on my property.
I have chickens and pet birds and would hate to lose them to a snake who is supposed to be eating rats and or mice.
My sister-inlaw lost all of her birds last year to a large snake.It was a large part of her income. The only good was that the snake was still in the avery and could,nt escape.(to fat on pet budgies)

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Heliace, I understand your words were not in my direction so I am eating my words as we write. Soz!!!!

heliace

On Vacation!
Mar 27, 2004
Ha! No problem... maybe sometimes my shotgun hits a few innocent bystanders...less rum and maybe my aim will improve...

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
hey there nothing wrong with snakes.....I was in Jarabacoa last year on tour at Jimenoa 3, and wanted to adjust my propane. I opened up the hood, and was surprised to see a snake about 7-8 feet long crawling along my arm.....(red boa) scared the he!! out of me, but the fun part was fighting with it to get it out of the engine compartment....dam thing lunged at me twice but missed, and finally I got ahold of it and pulled it out of there.....the Dominican guards wanted to kill it, but I put a towel over its head and carried it to the bushes....the thing didn't look to pleased when it went away, but at least it was still alive....I am not a snake lover, but they do a job cleaning up rodents...

baby bori

May 18, 2010
Snakes in Santiago ohhhhh the reptilian type I thought maybe this thread was commenting on all those barrio tigueres, caniving politicians, and sneaky money hungry materialistic people that are prevalent in Santiago. Low lifers that attempt to scam and cheat honest hard working good people!!!

baby bori

May 18, 2010
You mean Americans? :bunny:

Papito please the next time you quote me include the entire quote!!! I'm referring to native Dominicans that should be put on a separate island with no way out or be imprisoned with only one meal on a daily basis!!! Americans help foster the DR economy in a variety of ways with Americans and remittances from the USA I believe the DR would be severely devastated!!!

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Papito please the next time you quote me include the entire quote!!! I'm referring to native Dominicans that should be put on a separate island with no way out or be imprisoned with only one meal on a daily basis!!! Americans help foster the DR economy in a variety of ways with Americans and remittances from the USA I believe the DR would be severely devastated!!!

What would PR like without remittances? Many developing countries depend on remittances.