So far 2 trips to DR in 2005!!!

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Well...the damage has been done!

I have FINALLY tasted a DOMINICAN CAKE, freshly made by this lady that lives next to our office, and boy, oh, boy!!! It's even still warm from the oven!!! :lick: :lick: :lick:

I could really do without so much 'merengue', but I guess that's the best part! It had coconut inside and I think pineapple filling...who knows, it tastes great!!! :devious:

I will send Wud some pics to be posted on this site... :cheeky:

MQ

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Hope this works

Here's a picture of my first Dominican cake.

229.jpg

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Ok Try clicking on attachment then.

I made one for my birthday and just sprinkled icing sugar on it. The merengue is too sweet for my taste. ;)

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Anna Coniglio said:
And I repeated what she wrote thinking that a Spanish speaking person had spelt it right. ;)
Anna, actually I was trying (unsucessfully) to make a joke. I was asking whether she could do without so much Merengue (the dance) or meringue (the pastry topping).

Strangely enough, meringue in Spanish is merengue!

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Yep!

You're right...

I could do without the 'meringue' on the cake...but never without the 'merengue'...especially with my Tony!!! ;)

Anna, you're a brave woman...I don't think I have the patience to bake a cake that takes so long to make...But yours came out looking beautiful!!!

I'll just get one from this lady...it was REALLY delicious!!!

MQ

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Thanks, Wud...

Have you guys seen the pics in the gallery of the heavenly Dominican cake???

I'm still savoring it!!! (In my mind, of course!)

MQ

LadyBlaze

Aug 30, 2005
So Great!

Hey, you dont know me, but i wish you luck on your wedding. I can tell that its going to be a beautiful thing. and Dont let people get to you with there stupid comments, Because in all reality, they know nothing about you. All they know is that you are happy and they dont like it.

Bye, and Congrats!

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
LadyBlaze...

Wow, great name!!!

Thanks for the good wishes...I am so happy, I couldn't care less about what people say... :eek:

Things are getting better by the minute, and I love posting it here 'cause I know some people get really squirmy when they read things like these... ;)

MQ

marymary

Jun 23, 2005
Congrats Reina !!!!

GOD BLESS AND ENJOY YOUR NEW LIFE TOGETHER
ENJOY THE CAKE (ESPECIALMENTE LA VELA)
:nervous:

CELI

Sep 1, 2005
please keep us posted

hi MQ. i am new to this site but i really enjoyed all the details about your wedding, i would like to know when is it? and how did you get Tony's visa to come to u.s? i would like to know all that you can tell us, i too am having a relationship with a DR man, i submited his paperwork back in April 2005 and received a reply from USCIS in May 13, 2005, telling me he was approved here in U.S. and they were sending the papers to DR. so far i have not received any more notices and he has not been notified of anything over there, i am anxious to know how long will it be before he can finally come over for us to marry here? i really appreciate any coments/advice anyone can give me.

Thanks. C.

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
I'll try...

Celi: Thanks for the good wishes...my Tony hasn't received anything from the Embassy yet, but I know that they received his papers from the National Visa Center here in the US on August 10th, 2005. Right now we are on a holding pattern, they tell me this is the worst part, because all you can do is wait for them to send you the papers you need to have ready for your appointment date, but that could take a few months...

From the beginning we have given ourselves a year's time for him to be here with me, so we don't really make ourselves crazy while we wait...so if it's by next May, it will be fine...

In the meantime, I keep myself busy thinking of all the crazy and unusual things we could do to have an absolutely fun and different type of wedding!!! ;)

It's not gonna happen until he's gets here, we have 3 months from the time he arrives to get married...

But don't worry I'll keep you guys posted...in the meantime, check this out..

www.usemb.gov.do

Click where it says "English" on the top of the page, and then go to the "Consular section" and look under "Immigrant Visas" and then under "List of scheduled appointments" or "Appointments waiting list", type in the number you received from the NVC, which should start with the letters SDO, and it will tell you wheter you ARE on the list or waiting for an appointment...

As a matter of fact, I just checked before submitting this reply, and we are #19,251 on the "appointment waiting list"...Oh, well...it's something...at least we are on the list already!!! I'm sooooo happy!!! :nervous:

I hope it helps, and I wish you very good luck!!!

MQ

canadiangrrl

Jul 22, 2005
MusicQueen...Congratulations and all the best!! I'm new to DR1 and I really enjoyed reading your story.

My husband and I were married in November 04 and I'm still waiting for him here in Canada, so I understand how you feel about the whole waiting game - I can't wait to hear how everything turns out.

Congratulations again.

baileyboy

Jun 27, 2004
congratualtions

HI musicqueen--

Just wanted to congratualte you, on your upcoming wedding. I know what your going through, I'm going through a similar situation. See your PM. Take care
Lisa

CELI

Sep 1, 2005
MQ I am so happy for you!

You give hope! just reading your lines makes me feel sooooo much better! I am to the point of despair. As I said before they told me in a letter back in May 13th that they where forwarding the papers to the consular office in DR and then they would send my fiancee the packet with instructions on how to apply for the K1 visa, but to this date we have heard nothing, I have already called 3 times here in US and DR they tell me that they received the petition and that all is o.k. and that we just have to wait and as you say this is truly the hardest part the waiting time. thank you so much for replying, your enthusiam make me feel much, much better. Celi.

CELI

Sep 1, 2005
Thank you

Thank you MQ.

I have done all that, looked in the lists and all but our number does not appear there. I guess I have to keep waiting and keep reading your so very helpful advice. thanks for all your help and enthusiasm. Celi. :nervous:

little Joe

May 3, 2005
I have been keeping up with all your post and you have not wrote anything since Sept. Did you get married? Did your boyfriend arrive to the US ?

Good Luck!!!!