So many families without a father

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
I am truly sorry that my thread has deteriorated

I think some here missed the intent of my initial question but by now it has been answered. Let me summarize what I gleaned from the various responses.
-There are some fathers that take responsibility for their children and some who do not. Just like in other countries of the world.

But my question is, why do so many DR women allow themselves to become pregnant without FIRST being married to the man that fathers their children.
That is the essence of my question and lack of understanding.
It is unfortunate that most threads on DR1 get hijacked and end up nothing more than mindless dribble between a couple of grumpy old men.

My best guess as to why there are so many single moms here is that they are very poorly educated, birth control is almost nonexistent and the mention of abortion brings every fear mongering goof out of the wood work. That is my best guess.

Reactions: Lucifer

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
It is unfortunate that most threads on DR1 get hijacked and end up nothing more than mindless dribble between a couple of grumpy old men.

My best guess as to why there are so many single moms here is that they are very poorly educated, birth control is almost nonexistent and the mention of abortion brings every fear mongering goof out of the wood work. That is my best guess.
Or Dominican women love to have children.

Big

Apr 24, 2019

This is clearly a highly intellectual response from a non grumpy old man

kenshireen

May 21, 2022
usa

Are the strict laws against abortion enforced for all, or only those who can't bride the officials?

kenshireen

May 21, 2022
usa
Or Dominican women love to have children.
I tend to agree that Dominican women love to have kids.. I was joking around with my GF and said if I came to visit for a week we would have to use protection.
Her comment was "why, I love kids". I said I already have 4 and do not need any more

Big

Apr 24, 2019

You nailed it.
it was a joke

• Love
Reactions: El Hijo de Manolo

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
I say we put this puppy to rest and stop the bleeding. Let's assign Bob to Ken as a DR life coach. That said, now we can enjoy some cocktails and get some good sleep.

Reactions: Big

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013

it was a joke
Does not change the fact that you nailed it. Be happy about it. Don't become another grumpy old man

Reactions: Lucifer

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
Can someone help me understand why there are so many families without a man.
Is this an accepted part of the culture...
Women have childen without first being married seems to be the norm rather than the exception.

So the child grows up without a father or knowing who or where the father is

What's their rationale? It makes no sense.

What's their rationale? It makes no sense.

1)Pride. "I'll raise my kids on my own. I don't need him."
2) Time wasted in court to get "pennies" is just not worth it.
3)Dealing with a deadbeat dad...and his family (mom, siblings, new partner, etc.) is very draining.
4)The woman might still care for the guy. Doesn't want to see him locked up. Doesn't want the kids suffering 'cause their dad is in jail.
5)The woman hates the guy. Wants no contact with him.
6)If the dad doesn't contribute, then he can't make decisions on the kids' life. Some women like that.

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
1)Pride. "I'll raise my kids on my own. I don't need him."
2) Time wasted in court to get "pennies" is just not worth it.
3)Dealing with a deadbeat dad...and his family (mom, siblings, new partner, etc.) is very draining.
4)The woman might still care for the guy. Doesn't want to see him locked up. Doesn't want the kids suffering 'cause their dad is in jail.
5)The woman hates the guy. Wants no contact with him.
6)If the dad doesn't contribute, then he can't make decisions on the kids' life. Some women like that.
Counselor, I'm gonna add fear of retribution from father and/or his family

Reactions: Aguaita29

kenshireen

May 21, 2022
usa
I say we put this puppy to rest and stop the bleeding. Let's assign Bob to Ken as a DR life coach. That said, now we can enjoy some cocktails and get some good sleep.
Me Gusta esta idea. You guys all speak very good English. I assume some of you have lived in the Estados Unidos

kenshireen

May 21, 2022
usa
I want to thank all of you for your input. The information has been very valuable to me in my journey to learn more about the culture and life of DR.
All my comments have been well intentioned, although albeit may have appeared naive. I hope you guys (and girls, if any) don't consider me a sock, whatever that might be. I will be posting some additional questions on other subjects and I am sure you can provide some valuable information.
Once again, I do appreciate all the responses to my original post.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I want to thank all of you for your input. The information has been very valuable to me in my journey to learn more about the culture and life of DR.
All my comments have been well intentioned, although albeit may have appeared naive. I hope you guys (and girls, if any) don't consider me a sock, whatever that might be. I will be posting some additional questions on other subjects and I am sure you can provide some valuable information.
Once again, I do appreciate all the responses to my original post.
Ken, I'm going to recommend you watch the video I posted a little while ago under "Police encounters"

You don't have to understand what they are saying to observe how fast a person goes from "quiet" to "raging"

Have you ever experienced how your female friend handles conflicts?

Reactions: Auryn

kenshireen

May 21, 2022
usa
Ken, I'm going to recommend you watch the video I posted a little while ago under "Police encounters"

You don't have to understand what they are saying to observe how fast a person goes from "quiet" to "raging"

Have you ever experienced how your female friend handles conflicts?
Whew, that girl totally lost it. I know that Latinas are hot blooded but are you trying to tell me that this is the norm when a DR women gets angry.
I doubt it. My friend is poor and her primary conflicts in life are trying to take care of her children when she lives apart from them in another town most of the month. Most of our contact is via text and the only time that I sensed she was angry was when I mentioned that I sleep in the same bed as my wife.
She replied she was muy celosa y muy enojada. But she got over in a day
Other times she gets short tempered if I question whether she cares about me or what I can buy her. She just say no quiero nada.

And yes.. I didn't understand much of what she was saying :)

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Whew, that girl totally lost it. I know that Latinas are hot blooded but are you trying to tell me that this is the norm when a DR women gets angry.
I doubt it. My friend is poor and her primary conflicts in life are trying to take care of her children when she lives apart from them in another town most of the month. Most of our contact is via text and the only time that I sensed she was angry was when I mentioned that I sleep in the same bed as my wife.
She replied she was muy celosa y muy enojada. But she got over in a day
Other times she gets short tempered if I question whether she cares about me or what I can buy her. She just say no quiero nada.

And yes.. I didn't understand much of what she was saying :)

I had a girlfriend once who came to my house and went ballistic because there was some liquor missing from a bottle in my bar.

Now I usually don't drink, but one afternoon I decided to smoke a cigar and have a couple drinks, and she noticed the consumption.

She didn't bother to ask if I was the one who consumed it; for her I obviously had a "visitor" when she wasn't there, and I was surprised just how enojada she was, because up until then, she was pretty easy going.

The bigger issue? How much she was "checking" the rest of the house.

I cut her loose the same day.

Last edited:

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Dominicanas go hard in the paint when it comes to female competition.
That checking the rest of the house thing. Yep, I experienced it.
She's got a work up to the invitation to the house at this point.
I have had to put chicas on my no access list with security for my building before.
Do not sleep on the fiery nature that lies in the soul of most (but not all) latinas.

Reactions: JD Jones

kenshireen

May 21, 2022
usa
Dominicanas go hard in the paint when it comes to female competition.
That checking the rest of the house thing. Yep, I experienced it.
She's got a work up to the invitation to the house at this point.
I have had to put chicas on my no access list with security for my building before.
Do not sleep on the fiery nature that lies in the soul of most (but not all) latinas.
I see you are a basketball fan. So I guess my GF jealousy was not an act. I thought she was messing with me. I have also noticed that she does not seem to have a sense of humor. She sent me a picture of a house with 5 bedrooms that she liked. I jokingly, said.. Great, one for us and the others for the four other women.
Now, I thought that was pretty funny. BUT. I got alot of angry emojis back.
Do these woman have a sense of humor or have I not yet found it