So many families without a father

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I had a girlfriend once who came to my house and went ballistic because there was some liquor missing from a bottle in my bar.

Now I usually don't drink, but one afternoon I decided to smoke a cigar and have a couple drinks, and she noticed the consumption.

She didn't bother to ask if I was the one who consumed it; for her I obviously had a "visitor" when she wasn't there, and I was surprised just how enojada she was, because up until then, she was pretty easy going.

The bigger issue? How much she was "checking" the rest of the house.

I cut her loose the same day.
You have some bad luck with these brods.

• Haha
Reactions: Yourmaninvegas

Tom0910

Sep 28, 2015
The photo of the 5 bedroom house would have been enough for me to run for the hills and I'm a pretty generous guy,my nickname isn't iPhone Tommy for nothing,LOL.

Reactions: JD Jones

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
i met one guy had 10 kids and didnt give a penny to any of them a real dirt bag... and was proud of it ... doesnt even know their names

• Angry
Reactions: NanSanPedro

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
common JD... you must have met some women who had a sense of humor and were not jealous
Many - More than I care to remember. I think I've seen every type of woman that exists here.

In almost every case their true colors don't show until you're deeper in a hole than you can climb out of.

And remember, you are getting involved with the first woman you've met. Mark my words, you are not that lucky.

Last edited:

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
IMO at 75 yrs I would be looking at relaxing with no stress. Maybe others have a different opinion. The OP said he was married and not happy. Why not get out of that marriage, have some fun with no stress or commitments. Live life.

Reactions: ctrob and Lucifer

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
IMO at 75 yrs I would be looking at relaxing with no stress. Maybe others have a different opinion. The OP said he was married and not happy. Why not get out of that marriage, have some fun with no stress or commitments. Live life.
I posted this in another thread. One of my favorites to help me pause and breathe.

"We live in a flash of light; evening comes and it is night forever. It’s only a flash and we waste it. We waste it with our anxiety, our worries, our concerns, our burdens.”
Anthony de Mello

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
I posted this in another thread. One of my favorites to help me pause and breathe.

"We live in a flash of light; evening comes and it is night forever. It’s only a flash and we waste it. We waste it with our anxiety, our worries, our concerns, our burdens.”
Anthony de Mello
In total agreement ... we are dead a lot longer than we are alive enjoy every second here!!!

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
I have also noticed that she does not seem to have a sense of humor. She sent me a picture of a house with 5 bedrooms that she liked. I jokingly, said.. Great, one for us and the others for the four other women.

If you ignore the 5 bedroom house pic you've got your head in the sand. That's not normal behavior from someone looking to start a loving relationship, in any country.

Reactions: keepcoming

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Any response from her on this?

Tell her you want to marry her and you have retained a DR Lawyer for her to sign the Pre-Nup. When you get the reaction you may come down to Earth......................
I would tell her that today.. that IF we got married I would do this to protect my assets for my children

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
Five pages in and nobody (unless I missed it) has mentioned the possible link between the Roman Catholic Church opposition to both birth control
and abortion and so many births out of wedlock.
That would have to be one of the factors, wouldn't it?
Old habits die hard.

Reactions: Auryn and Lucifer

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Five pages in and nobody (unless I missed it) has mentioned the possible link between the Roman Catholic Church opposition to both birth control
Old habits die hard.
Possibly but we don’t discuss religion here, slippery slope.

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
Old habits die hard.
Yep when the 15 and 16 year olds head out to the colmadon to dance bent over face down with papi gyrating behind them in sexually explicit motions all night then off to the cabaña, I'm sure its the imbedded concepts of the "item you mentioned in your post" that they kept in mind all night prior to getting jiggy with it in a 150 peso/hour bump and grind hotel with perma-stained sheets.

kenshireen

May 21, 2022
usa
Change of Topic.
I am trying to charge a Claro phone in the DR from the US.. What is the best way to go... Ding, Claro, llama DR etc, The prices are all pretty close but which would you recommend. Also, many minutes will $15.00 get. I still cannot figure this out. I don't know how the cell phones work in DR
Thank you