So much rain !!!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
UNCONFIRMED - I have been told the missing woman lived in Sosua near or in Coco Hotel.
Again, I don't know how reliable the source is, just what I was told.

http://www.puertoplatadigital.com/verNoticia.aspx?Id=24041
Se supo que los ocupantes de vehículo que se encuentran desaparecidos luego del infausto acontecimiento residen en la comunidad El Choco del municipio turístico de Sosúa y la señora Carrera Marte conducía la jeepeta propiedad de su esposo el ciudadano alemán Patrick Knoerzer quien está fuera del país.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Thanks. Wife wants a pool and I have run out of reasons why it's a bad idea. Now I got a few more. You would think the fact that it's all of three minutes to the beach would work. Naw, "get that sand all over me".

sanpedrogringo

I love infractions!
Sep 2, 2011
To everybody up North stay safe, and use common sense when out and about. If you need assistance, ask here or private message somebody within here. Stay safe all.

sanpedrogringo

I love infractions!
Sep 2, 2011
Here in San Pedro, we have had the overcast skies for 4 days...but no rain...with temps of 84 down to 64 degrees F at night.

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
Another cancelled trip to Cabarete, weather nicer in SD. I have considered moving to the NC from SD but then I continually hear about all the rain and floods and think why?? Those of you who have moved to the NC from places like Vancouver Canada (Lots of rain) to get away from the depressing rain- are you starting to feel the Vancouver rain has followed you?

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
Another cancelled trip to Cabarete, weather nicer in SD. I have considered moving to the NC from SD but then I continually hear about all the rain and floods and think why?? Those of you who have moved to the NC from places like Vancouver Canada (Lots of rain) to get away from the depressing rain- are you starting to feel the Vancouver rain has followed you?
The North Coast weather has been exceptionally bad in the last year. It's not normally like this. Remember the drought the year before?

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
[video]https://www.facebook.com/Junior.olatv/videos/10155243628153338/[/video]

Just seen this on FB.  A house falling into the river at Gaspar Hernandez.  very sad.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
looking at the "foundations" of the house next door it will follow soon. if not today then with the next bad rain.

southern

I love Hillary!
Dec 13, 2016
I noticed the " scales of justice" painted on the front of the building indicating it's a law office. Maybe it's a omen or a message from above.

sanpedrogringo

I love infractions!
Sep 2, 2011
It could be us on the South coast tomorrow, next week, month or year. There is no rhyme or reason, it just happens.

ando1991

Dec 5, 2016
Any flooding problems in center Cabarete? By the restaurants and main road?
Did the lagoon cause issues?
Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
It could be us on the South coast tomorrow, next week, month or year. There is no rhyme or reason, it just happens.

after many years in Santo Domingo I have yet to see ongoing flooding or rain stretching beyond a few days. During that time it seems on the North Coast its at least once or twice a year problem that can stretch for months.