So you're bored in Sosua...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Monte Cristi

Monte Cristi's a fair distance from Sosua, and there's not that much to do in the town, but there's a mountain there, right next to the ocean, and when you cross it, that's where the road ends.

MonteCristi54.jpg

MonteCristi62.jpg

MonteCristi63.jpg

MonteCristi64.jpg

MonteCristi65.jpg

MonteCristi66.jpg

MonteCristi67.jpg

MonteCristi68.jpg

And once you get to the end, there it is, one of the most beautiful deserted beaches in the world.

MonteCristi144.jpg

MonteCristi151.jpg

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Amazing. Thanks alot-these are awesome photos of one great out of the way beach.

sollie

Jul 30, 2006
Great shots Rocky! Monti Cristi environs are beautiful.Lord Bruno is lookin' good as well as the other members of your entourage. There's another great beach to the east of El Morro? ( what does that mean by the way) but I think it is only accessible by boat. Eat any good seafood while there?

Cheers,
Sollie

Last edited:

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Great shots Rocky! Monti Cristi is beautiful.Lord Bruno is lookin' good as well as the other members of your entourage. There's another great beach to the east of El Morro? ( what does that mean by the way) but I think it is only accessible by boat. Eat any good seafood while there?

Cheers,
Sollie
I think that it means "nose", although I don't know if that's what it means in this case.

We didn't eat any fish or go to any other beaches.
That beach behind El Morro was so awesome, that we stayed there for hours.
We did make a little picnic on the way there.

It's one of those "simple pleasures" adventures that you remember for the rest of your life.

MonteCristi.jpg

MonteCristi1.jpg

MonteCristi2.jpg

MonteCristi3.jpg

MonteCristi4.jpg

MonteCristi5.jpg

MonteCristi10.jpg

MonteCristi15.jpg

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
Thanks for the visual "treats" Rocky...some great pics...makes me forget I am at work and that the temperature outside is a mere 15degrees C...it allows me to escape and reminds me that my next trip is just around the corner !

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Thanks for the visual "treats" Rocky...some great pics...makes me forget I am at work and that the temperature outside is a mere 15degrees C...it allows me to escape and reminds me that my next trip is just around the corner !
Glad you enjoyed.
Maybe you have some "loca" pix to add to the collection?

DSC02725.jpg

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
Glad you enjoyed.
Maybe you have some "loca" pix to add to the collection?

DSC02725.jpg

LOL! Sorry but no such like, they're censored!!;) Truthfully, I dont have any, I personally loves shots of nature and scenery. I always feel that the people in my life are in my heart and on my mind so I tend not to capture them on film so to speak.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Rocky: You know the thing about just taking a ride to the country...anywhere...is probably the best advice anyone could get. I do that all the time, and I could say that the most pleasant times I've had in The DR have turned out from just taking a ride somewhere, anywhere without planning anything. Just make sure to have nice company with you...

Sometimes I would start out from Cotui and end up in Puerto Plata, Moca, Azua, you name it... You can just stop anywhere for drinks, food, etc...You end up bumping into beaches you didn't know existed, little places by the side of the road that may have the best food you ever tasted, nice views, etc...I love it.

Best of all, since it is an island and it's not that huge you can just leave in the morning and be back that same day...

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Rocky: You know the thing about just taking a ride to the country...anywhere...is probably the best advice anyone could get. I do that all the time, and I could say that the most pleasant times I've had in The DR have turned out from just taking a ride somewhere, anywhere without planning anything. Just make sure to have nice company with you...

Sometimes I would start out from Cotui and end up in Puerto Plata, Moca, Azua, you name it... You can just stop anywhere for drinks, food, etc...You end up bumping into beaches you didn't know existed, little places by the side of the road that may have the best food you ever tasted, nice views, etc...I love it.

Best of all, since it is an island and it's not that huge you can just leave in the morning and be back that same day...
Suarezn.
I was looking to underline the "special" parts of your post, but all of it is special, because you understand what it's all about.
There's no way to say it better than what you just wrote.
Life's best and most memorable moments, come from the adventures you describe.

These pix below are all taken within a 20 mile radius of Sosua.
It had all the ingredients you mentioned.
No plans, good company, and a ride to nowhere.

AdventureRideRayLor.jpg

AdventureRideRayLor1.jpg

AdventureRideRayLor2.jpg

AdventureRideRayLor3.jpg

AdventureRideRayLor4.jpg

AdventureRideRayLor5.jpg

AdventureRideRayLor6.jpg

AdventureRideRayLor7.jpg

AdventureRideRayLor8.jpg

AdventureRideRayLor9.jpg

tommy3102

Sep 14, 2007
Rocky these Pics are so awesome, and I may not be able to wait till november to come down to visit.

I just wanted to ask are prunes and ensure normal picnic fare? My father lives in an assisted living facility and even he prefers a nice sandwich for his picnic.

Just giving you a bit of grief both are great energy providers and travel well, just need to remember extra depends for when the prunes kick in i guess!

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Rocky these Pics are so awesome, and I may not be able to wait till november to come down to visit.

I just wanted to ask are prunes and ensure normal picnic fare? My father lives in an assisted living facility and even he prefers a nice sandwich for his picnic.

Just giving you a bit of grief both are great energy providers and travel well, just need to remember extra depends for when the prunes kick in i guess!
Prune's, prunes,
Good for your heart,
The more you eat,
The more you .......

Now don't be teasing me too much about my picnic stuff, or I'll start posting bikini pix.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Camp David

Feeling hungry?
Jump in the car, head up the Caretera Turistica towards Santiago, stop and buy some fresh fruit.

CampDavidRideA.jpg

CampDavidRideA1.jpg

Then head on up to Camp David, Trujillo's Cibao home in the mountains, check out his old cars.

CampDavidRideA2.jpg

CampDavidRideA3.jpg

CampDavidRideA4.jpg

CampDavidRideA5.jpg

CampDavidRideA6.jpg

Have a bite to eat overlooking the Cibao valley, with good company of course.

CampDavidRideA7.jpg

CampDavidRideA8.jpg

CampDavidRideA9.jpg

Daflysta

Jul 17, 2007
only got to spend 1 night on the north coast in sosua on my 1st visit. i did suspect this stuff would be just under the surface.

definitely hope to visit again someday!

Daflysta

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
It's all good

only got to spend 1 night on the north coast in sosua on my 1st visit. i did suspect this stuff would be just under the surface.
Life's an adventure, and Sosua is so well located for all sorts of adventures.
Even dumping your bike in a river, can be fun.

JungleRideMar1243.jpg

JungleRideMar1244.jpg

JungleRideMar1245.jpg

JungleRideMar1246.jpg

JungleRideMar1247.jpg

JungleRideMar1248.jpg

As long as you're in good company, it's all good.

Status
Not open for further replies.