So you're bored in Sosua...

Status
Not open for further replies.

snoozer

Jan 22, 2004
Smiles such as the one in the last photo are all the motivation I need to keep volunteering when I am in Sosua. Try it, it feels good.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
That little girls' smile is absolutely priceless!!!! Definitely made my day!!!!

A beautiful gesture!!!! Thanks again Marco!!!!

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
That little girls' smile is absolutely priceless!!!! Definitely made my day!!!!

A beautiful gesture!!!! Thanks again Marco!!!!
You're right.
That smile on her face was priceless, and she kept it on the whole time we were there.
BTW: I just drove them out.
They were doing the giving.
Nice folks, big hearts.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
You're right.
That smile on her face was priceless, and she kept it on the whole time we were there.
BTW: I just drove them out.
They were doing the giving.
Nice folks, big hearts.

This may be true, but its' guys like you that really make the DR such a special place. Marco your heart truly is in the right place.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
This couple picked up some used children's clothing in their home country

The easiest way to do this is to stop at a local thrift shop, a garage sale, ask friends and family for clothes. Size does not matter. Pack them in a heavy duty cardboard box taped securely shut. Check with airline first as some airlines have certain restrictions on cardboard boxes. The advantage of the cardboard box is no empty luggage to haul back home. You would be surprised how many used clothes a $50 bill can buy.

For those that did not know but when you put clothing in the metal bins at the supermarket they get sold by the pound as rags.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
And the bonus is, that it's such a blast going out and meeting some nice down to earth country folks.
They're so appreciative.
Some of the adventures in this thread are a total blast for a tourist or an expat, but no more fun than this one.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
And the bonus is, that it's such a blast going out and meeting some nice down to earth country folks.
They're so appreciative.
Some of the adventures in this thread are a total blast for a tourist or an expat, but no more fun than this one.

You got that right!

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
It is such a great experience...cant wait until I get to elicit that response again from some deserving kids really soon!

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Cameras and adventures

I'm not much of a camera fan, and I'm lucky that I had enough pix to make this thread.
I will make a point of trying to remember to bring it along as much as I can from now on, and while we're on the subject, I'm told that we're doing our next BBQ on top of Isabela de Tores, overlooking Puerto Plata in the botanical gardens.
The ride up there with the 4 X 4's should be fun, and the air is always nice and cool up there, and really conducive to catching a siesta after stuffing our faces with yummy foods.

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Great Idea

for a BBQ on La Isabela in the jardin botanico, but 4 - wheelin up the backside?
you guys are masochistic, taking that road to Playa Bergantin last weekend and now 4x4's to La Isabella. the teleferico works for me ... they allow coolers and stuff. see ya at the top.
OK, I'll take the quad up the backside, but the ladies take the teleferico. Can we get the dogs on the teleferico? my pups don't like riding 2-up on the quad for some reason; must be a training issue.:bunny:

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
for a BBQ on La Isabela in the jardin botanico, but 4 - wheelin up the backside?
you guys are masochistic, taking that road to Playa Bergantin last weekend and now 4x4's to La Isabella. the teleferico works for me ... they allow coolers and stuff. see ya at the top.
OK, I'll take the quad up the backside, but the ladies take the teleferico. Can we get the dogs on the teleferico? my pups don't like riding 2-up on the quad for some reason; must be a training issue.:bunny:
As best as I know, we'll have 3 SUVs and 1 truck going up, so there's all the room in the world for the doggies.
If the women take the teleferico up, they don't get any desserts.

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Desserts

Surely you know the women control 50% of the trip and 100% of the desserts !!
We're just along for the ride.--

Reactions: Rocky
A

apostropheman

only if you let them :cheeky:
Surely you know the women control 50% of the trip and 100% of the desserts !!
We're just along for the ride.--
if they start acting up i just point my finger and say "siguiente!!!"....works for me:bunny::bunny: (or should it be "proximo"?:cheeky:)

twhitehead

Bronze
Nov 1, 2003
Bruno

And the best part is that all he wants is a bit of TLC and a couple of plates of ribs everyday.

And don't forget a for Bruno to be real happy all he needs is "little bit of Plexico"! When are we going to see Bruno's "coming out of the closet" pics???...was a fun day...tom

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
And don't forget a for Bruno to be real happy all he needs is "little bit of Plexico"! When are we going to see Bruno's "coming out of the closet" pics???...was a fun day...tom
Aw geez...
Now you've gone and done it.
I've been battling with myself to not start a new thread called, "MY DOG"S A FAG", and supply all the pix and video clips to go with it, but I don't think that Bruno can stand the embarrassment.
All I can say is that you're dog's really cute, even for a male, and at least Bruno's loyal, as he is 100% devoted to Plexico.

Angelina_J

Oct 3, 2007
4 x 4?

Here are a few more "boredom killer" adventures.

Rent a 4 X 4 and go up a mountain.
http://www.dr1.com/forums/living/57915-mountain-top-jungle-ride.html
TheView5-1.jpg

When you say "4 x 4", do you mean a 4-wheel drive (like a Jeep), or a 4-wheeler (more like a motorcycle)? Either way, where do you rent them? We're visiting late November, and this sounds and looks great!

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Lazy day in Sosua

So you're sipping on coffee with your significant other,

Sarah11-1.jpg

And you've already done the beach thing in the morning,

Sarah16-1.jpg

Sarah17-1.jpg

You jump onto a concho/rent-a-bike/taxi/car and go for a little tour through Los Charamicos.

Sarah18-1.jpg

Sarah19-1.jpg

Sarah22-1.jpg

Sarah23-1.jpg

Sarah24-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.